New remix of Nevermen

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

writetomhatcher wrote:Never said it was a fact, dude. I said this review backs this theory up.

Lastly, why does your interpretation make more sense? The song video posted by Lex has a glossy turquoise tile floor with a wad of hundreds in a money clip—This is what a prostitute dreams about.

Wow there, get off your high whores (pun intended)!

Sure a prostitute can dream about lots of money but in reality it's the pimp who's dreaming and raking in the big money. Prostitutes are treated bad by their pimps, by their vile clients and by society in general. And that's exactly why it's much more logical to make the lyrics "treat em like a prostitute" because that's exactly what's being done by everyone, they're being treated bad.

And lastly, I had it verified, so I win the internet (today). TREAT ME LIKE A PROSTITUTE, BITCH! :D

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:
And lastly, I had it verified, so I win the internet (today). TREAT ME LIKE A PROSTITUTE, BITCH! :D

Receipts? Put the lyrics on bocpages?
Last edited by writetomhatcher on Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boqurant
Both instrumental and the lyrics in one day? Yehaw! :mrgreen: Looking forward to any following news!

writetomhatcher wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

Receipts? Put the lyrics on bocpages?

I posted it everywhere already. :) Even in this thread, bottom of previous page. And on bocpages instagram / Facebook and the Facebook group.

belchmaster wrote:Both instrumental and the lyrics in one day? Yehaw! :mrgreen: Looking forward to any following news!

Isn't it ironic to have the instrumental AND the lyrics on the very same day?
Coincidence? I like to think not so much. :D

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:I reached out to the kind people over at Lex Records and as such I obtained the official lyrics. Enjoy!

Spoiler: show
Nevermen - ‘Treat Em Right’ Lyrics

“Treat em like a prostitute”

The big scare
that makes folks fill college and jail,
Is perfectly fair,
with its hospital head and coffin nail tail.

You lose…
People go to prison cause it fascinates them.
You choose…
So little when you’re pollen in the palm of the wind.

Treat em like a prostitute
Cause all villains A.D.
Make that killing off you.

You invent the alphabet to keep yourself busy,
sick pollen on barbed wire and man hands on fire.
You been MADE,
the globe aglow all safe on your blades.
Or are you crushed to colors under its weight.
Its true…
Like all good complex hydrogen models,
you too…
Shall, will, will, shall topple.

To the serpent full of workweeks and banks
To its day width ribs and digesting you lengths.

Cause all villains A.D.
Make that killing off you…

I just saw this! I like these lyrics even more now! Hopefully the comments about misogyny will settle down now :)

Still--lets see a screenshot of that email to Lex records.

Eagle Minded
Caretsik wrote:I think the Sandisons need to take a few years off now after this flurry of recent activity.

what a day
yes, i would love to be free!

writetomhatcher wrote:Still--lets see a screenshot of that email to Lex records.

Ugh, I don't think it's beneficial for me to make this up, but here is the proof you require:

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote:Still--lets see a screenshot of that email to Lex records.

Ugh, I don't think it's beneficial for me to make this up, but here is the proof you require:

Hahaha, this is great, thanks for sharing! (And I do hope I detect good humor there)

writetomhatcher wrote:Hahaha, this is great, thanks for sharing! (And I do hope I detect good humor there)

I'm not shy of some sarcasm indeed, but still you made it seem like you really needed the proof, as if I would fake this? I like the credibility of bocpages to be sound.

Posts Quantity
In all fairness, anyone could type up approximate lyrics based on what they could make out from listening. I saw the copied and pasted text and asked for a reputable source to back it up. (Like you said, I am used to the credibility of bocpages being sound, and that usually includes links/sources.) Not trying to cast doubt on you, but your post could have included more details. Add to that, I first only saw your comment at the top of page 10, and I didn't see you had posted the lyrics, so I was asking to see them. Nothing personal, and thanks for reaching out to Lex!

writetomhatcher wrote:In all fairness, anyone could type up approximate lyrics based on what they could make out from listening. I saw the copied and pasted text and asked for a reputable source to back it up. (Like you said, I am used to the credibility of bocpages being sound, and that usually includes links/sources.) Not trying to cast doubt on you, but your post could have included more details. Add to that, I first only saw your comment at the top of page 10, and I didn't see you had posted the lyrics, so I was asking to see them. Nothing personal, and thanks for reaching out to Lex!

In my defence though I did mention reaching out to Lex Records. Their label. And I did say explicitly I obtained the official lyrics. But I guess I was wrong and plain naive in assuming that if the guy responsible for bocpages, a not too lousy Boards of Canada wiki, states all of the aforementioned, one could safely accept it for truth. Next time I will ask for digital signatures of all parties involved. :shock:

Fredd-E wrote:I reached out to the kind people over at Lex Records and as such I obtained the official lyrics. Enjoy!

The big scare
Is perfectly fair,

You lose…
You choose…

Cause all villains A.D.

You been MADE,
Its true…
you too…

Cause all villains A.D.

Posts Quantity
You shouldn't take this personally. I was excited to finally get the lyrics. Concrete proof in boc world is rare, so please forgive my skepticism.

writetomhatcher wrote:You shouldn't take this personally. I was excited to finally get the lyrics. Concrete proof in boc world is rare, so please forgive my skepticism.

NOT TAKE THIS PERSONALLY, WHAT?!

It's all good, in the shire! We love you all.

Friendly Stranger

The big scare
Is perfectly fair,

You lose…
You choose…

Cause all villains A.D.

You been MADE,
Its true…
you too…

Cause all villains A.D.

thanks boss!

Dayvan Cowboy
Much appreciated Fredd-E :D

Props to BOC and the Nevermen for getting that instrumental out so fast, especially compared to Mr. Mistake

Also we get a nice bit at the end. Probably what comes after the fadeout. Perhaps a tiny extra scrap for us :lol:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
What a good day indeed. Lyrics and instrumental. Someone should do a remix of the remix and make a version that's says dreamin just for the hell of it. And prob slow it down as well. At least to 70%:)

Friendly Stranger
Are those symbols or letters on the money clip from the video?

Eagle Minded
hearing the instrumental version had me like "when do the vocals kick in?" lol. But yeah either way, it's great. Their attention to detail is amazing, they work so well when they work with subtlety. Love all three versions- the og, the remix and the instrumental

Also to be fair, the instrumental lacks the luscious "to be scared" refrain with the revereby echo after 2.30 mark, and the way they process the vocals with the line "treat em like a prostitute" to sound like this cryptic whisper, which I think are really great components to the remix. Also being able to compare the song without the vocals and with shows the amount of thought they went into restructuring and framing the vocals in relation to rest of the song. All of it is really neat

Edit: Also just noticed with the animated loop that goes with the track, there's a glare with 6 points that loops.. in a turquoise tone.. so a hexagon lol

Eagle Minded
NTFMTS wrote:hearing the instrumental version had me like "when do the vocals kick in?" lol.

i felt exactly the same!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada