New remix of Nevermen

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I couldn't care less about the lyrics, but it's still pretty awesome for Lex Records to do that. Thanks for sharing Fredd-E!

6sided420 wrote:What a good day indeed. Lyrics and instrumental. Someone should do a remix of the remix and make a version that's says dreamin just for the hell of it. And prob slow it down as well. At least to 70%:)

Cool idea, guess someone is already on the job. Must be. :)

Thanks all for the kind words, but especially thanks to Lex Records for providing them to me in the first place. And last but not least let's also not forget to thank NEVERMEN for writing them. ;-)

Friendly Stranger
Thanks fredd-e and of course thanks to nevermen and Boc. And thank you for taking the time to read this as well :)

Posts Quantity
gosh its great to have the instrumental too

this song is so rad in both flavors
**If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think.**

Friendly Stranger
I don't like this remix at all but at least it proves that there is activity in the Hexagon Sun and just for that I love this remix

Dayvan Cowboy
Now that the summer comes to a close soon, I'd like to ask: Was this anybody's summer jam?

Was definitely mine. I know it's been divisive but to me, the bros still got it. Their golden touch is everywhere on it
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Something about the bass line was bugging me, then it hit me...
phpBB [media]

...or is this one of those "Life Goes On"/"Eighties"/"22 Faces" type deals?
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:Now that the summer comes to a close soon, I'd like to ask: Was this anybody's summer jam?

Was definitely mine. I know it's been divisive but to me, the bros still got it. Their golden touch is everywhere on it

Definitely me too.

I made a mix of all the original music BOC has released since TH after the instrumental version came out and have been playing that a lot. The idea was to create a kind of post-TH custom EP.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Echelon wrote:Now that the summer comes to a close soon, I'd like to ask: Was this anybody's summer jam?

Definitely me too.

I made a mix of all the original music BOC has released since TH after the instrumental version came out and have been playing that a lot. The idea was to create a kind of post-TH custom EP.

Honestly, I'm so grateful we even got those remixes from the bros. As a friend of mine pointed out, there's so much more signs of life from them Post-TH than there was Post TCH. We've got four new tracks plus two instrumental versions and I think that they all show BOC still at the top of their game. It's wonderful they still challenge themselves as they thrash out their masterplan.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

Definitely me too.

Honestly, I'm so grateful we even got those remixes from the bros. As a friend of mine pointed out, there's so much more signs of life from them Post-TH than there was Post TCH. We've got four new tracks plus two instrumental versions and I think that they all show BOC still at the top of their game. It's wonderful they still challenge themselves as they thrash out their masterplan.

Societas X too! Whilst we haven't exactly been spoilt, we definitely haven't been deprived. It's made the wait for [whatever's next] a lot more bearable.

Happy Cycler
Has anyone got a hi-res copy of the artwork for this release? I love it.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Has anyone got a hi-res copy of the artwork for this release? I love it.

Here ya go! :D
Spoiler: show

Happy Cycler
Ah thank you, mate. Where did you find it?
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:Ah thank you, mate. Where did you find it?

Appreciated! :wink:
Somebody on reddit was requesting a HQ scan and a user responded with a link for it on Google Docs/Drive.

Posts Quantity

Eagle Minded
Thx for alert I will try to get this before its gone. Iove this track

Eagle Minded
order complete

I also got a few POLE records

Friendly Stranger
Thanks for the alert to the repress, lads. Ordered myself two copies: one for listening to, and the other for when I wear out the groove of listening to the first one.

Of all the remixes post-TH, the instrumental version of this track has always felt so essential to me. In the arc of its melody, with its pulsating synths and rising arpeggios, it sounds so heartbreakingly, achingly, true and real and like nothing else but Boards of Canada.

For all the scams, the fake ARGs, and the shifting tricksters and grifters, there is no substitute.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada