New remix of Nevermen

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Gotta say man, that open the light sample fits really well.

It's a fun remix, pretty playful. I don't think it's particularly special but it's kinda fun seeing them do something else.

Edit: Just listened to the original song and that puts this in perspective, it is a pretty decent remix. So different than the original haha.
Last edited by portiss on Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Eagle Minded
Walkingcloud wrote:Eh I don’t think this is real.

as weird as this is, it’s real. big fan of the instrumental, never been a fan of Nevermens’ vocal
production though…
no information at this moment in time

Friendly Stranger
Wow, really nice surprise to get this out of the blue.
Kind of weird as well, considering the Nevermen album is from 2016, Makes you wonder if this was made back then with the Mr Mistake remix, but released now for some reason.

As for the remix, I like it the most out of these post-Tomorrow's Harvest remixes. Just a breath of fresh air and funky as hell.
Wouldn't mind if the new stuff is more like these remixes, a bit more bright and summery.

Dayvan Cowboy
That was a real treat! I was hooked from the jump and I loved every second of it! Not disappointed at all. BoC just have a certain kind of fucking magic that simply cannot be fucked with. Need physical...

Sherbet Head

Roswell wrote:
Walkingcloud wrote:Eh I don’t think this is real.

as weird as this is, it’s real. big fan of the instrumental, never been a fan of Nevermens’ vocal
production though…

Where's the instrumental then?

Friendly Stranger
NICE. Thank u boys. This is a good one. Maybe their grooviest remix since Midas Touch

I think it's a nice remix on its own, but I still wonder why they would reuse a familiar sound (open the light), this "laziness" kinda bothers me and has me doubting its legitimacy. Maybe it's the work of a hoaxer? Mind you, it's a very proper hoax then. The sound quality of this remix in my car was really pristine.

The track got uploaded to Youtube, Spotify, Apple Music,.. through "awal Digital Ltd" which is https://www.awal.com/ - I guess anyone can use this to upload fake tracks to popular streaming platforms? (Think of the Chameleon fake years ago).

So far no official channel has claimed this remix. Lex Records on Instagram didn't even mention it either. I messaged them to see what's up. I'll keep you all posted.

These days one has to be careful... but on the other hand bocpages is updated already. *shrugs*

PS: Is it even possible for anyone of us to make such a fake remix without having the original acapella vocal track? Guess not. So that would imply it's real...

Happy Cycler
Oh I like this! Really nice little low-slung groove there - the 1st thing it made me think of was Midnite Vultures era Beck and the Peel Session version of Aquarius.

Eagle Minded
Just like on Mr.Mistake, I don't care much about vocals, but the track is outstanding. 2nd part with more sparse vocal arrangement is perfect. Almost like a pop song. I like it.

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:I think it's a nice remix on its own, but I still wonder why they would reuse a familiar sound (open the light), this "laziness" kinda bothers me and has me doubting its legitimacy. Maybe it's the work of a hoaxer? Mind you, it's a very proper hoax then. The sound quality of this remix in my car was really pristine.

The track got uploaded to Youtube, Spotify, Apple Music,.. through "awal Digital Ltd" which is https://www.awal.com/ - I guess anyone can use this to upload fake tracks to popular streaming platforms? (Think of the Chameleon fake years ago).

So far no official channel has claimed this remix. Lex Records on Instagram didn't even mention it either. I messaged them to see what's up. I'll keep you all posted.

These days one has to be careful... but on the other hand bocpages is updated already. *shrugs*

PS: Is it even possible for anyone of us to make such a fake remix without having the original acapella vocal track? Guess not. So that would imply it's real...

It's up on Bleep which confirms the legitimacy imo. I'm sure Nevermen, Lex and maybe even BoC themselves will be posting about it at some point today.

https://bleep.com/release/236336-neverm ... nada-remix

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:I think it's a nice remix on its own, but I still wonder why they would reuse a familiar sound (open the light), this "laziness" kinda bothers me and has me doubting its legitimacy. Maybe it's the work of a hoaxer? Mind you, it's a very proper hoax then. The sound quality of this remix in my car was really pristine.

Don't fight it Fredd-E, it's them!

Eagle Minded
Moz wrote:Just like on Mr.Mistake, I don't care much about vocals, but the track is outstanding. 2nd part with more sparse vocal arrangement is perfect. Almost like a pop song. I like it.

Agreed. I like the groove, I like the chords (of banada) and I like the use of that OTL sample - but I ain't keen on those vocals.

The "perfectly fair" line (or w/e it is) has something in it. I feel that has potential to be another "I'm listening" from the Peel sesh Aquarius. Everything else feels a bit misplaced imo, but hopefully we get a instrumental version further down the line.

Posts Quantity
Loving it.

The remixes for Clouddead and their spinoff bands Nevermen and Why are excellent. They stand apart from the other BoC material too.

Would be amazing to get a new album from one of those artists produced by BoC.

Sherbet Head wrote:

It's up on Bleep which confirms the legitimacy imo. I'm sure Nevermen, Lex and maybe even BoC themselves will be posting about it at some point today.

https://bleep.com/release/236336-neverm ... nada-remix

Ok! This alleviates all doubt. Thanks!

Happy Cycler
The "Boards of Canada" signature on the $100 bill on the artwork is a nice touch.

Eagle Minded
Really trying to enjoy this but I just can't. Bland and uninspiring. I think I preferred the mystery of radio silence.

Friendly Stranger
Wildfire wrote:Really trying to enjoy this but I just can't. Bland and uninspiring. I think I preferred the mystery of radio silence.
Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth dude

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boqurant
Wildfire wrote:Really trying to enjoy this but I just can't. Bland and uninspiring. I think I preferred the mystery of radio silence.

imagine being an artist and read something like this...

Eagle Minded
Someone from Lex giving behind-the scenes on Twitter of the when/how of this collab — https://twitter.com/Lexoleum/status/1410966279608061953
preparation for a dive.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada