New remix of Nevermen

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
In case Mike Patton reads this, nothing against you guys.

Good thing you said this. In actuality, Mike Patton is more likely to be reading this than the boys themselves. :lol:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
Really liking how the vocals bounce around with the music. Just wish i could locate some lyrics somewhere.

Boqurant
6sided420 wrote:Really liking how the vocals bounce around with the music. Just wish i could locate some lyrics somewhere.

me too, i can't figure out much of the lyrics apart from the obvious "tReAt Em LiKe A pRoStItUtE"

Posts Quantity
played this track to my mate yesterday who hadn't heard it yet, he said "it sounds like you want to relax but theres something ominous there that doesn't let you get too comfortable" :lol:

Eagle Minded
Love that cheeky Open the Light sample. It has to be a hint for something.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

funnnnpng wrote:Love that cheeky Open the Light sample. It has to be a hint for something.

A) A forthcoming album with 70 remixes of Open the Light each 70 seconds in length
B) They just thought it fitted well in a hiphop ish track

What would Occam's razor say?

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:Love that cheeky Open the Light sample. It has to be a hint for something.

A) A forthcoming album with 70 remixes of Open the Light each 70 seconds in length

What would Occam's Razor say?

He looks like BOC on a red moon night on the Wikipedia page so I'm going to go with option A :twisted:

Posts Quantity
I feel like the hint was to play it in reverse. The "I feel different" and "hey satan" seems to be the noticeable love letter. Also, the Open the Light sample seems to ring more true when played backwards.

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:

What would Occam's razor say?

I don't actually know what it could be hinting towards, I just love meaningless BOC speculation. It's the only way I can cope with the fact they'll never release an album again.

Eagle Minded
funnnnpng wrote:I don't actually know what it could be hinting towards, I just love meaningless BOC speculation. It's the only way I can cope with the fact they'll never release an album again.

A Moment of Clarity

funnnnpng wrote: It's the only way I can cope with the fact they'll never release an album again.
Spot the error in here. Hint: four letters and starts with f.

Friendly Stranger
Should never say never. But there i go saying it twice

Friendly Stranger
Even if another album isnt released its all right, obviously id prefer more but as it is the music they created helped me understand a different perspective on what music is can and should be.

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:
I don't actually know what it could be hinting towards, I just love meaningless BOC speculation. It's the only way I can cope with the fact they'll never release an album again.

Why so glum, chum? They're still here as of July 2021 and Warp have barely released anything big this year unless you're a Squid fan. I'd keep the faith a bit longer. :D

They ain't Daft Punk'd us yet!

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:

Why so glum, chum? They're still here as of July 2021 and Warp have barely released anything big this year unless you're a Squid fan. I'd keep the faith a bit longer. :D

Haha, I'm just joking kind of. But meaningless BoC speculation keeps us busy, wether it's stupid or not

Dayvan Cowboy
funnnnpng wrote:
Echelon wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:

Haha, I'm just joking kind of. But meaningless BoC speculation keeps us busy, wether it's stupid or not

I agree. a majority of my posts are that and I'll be the first to admit it :lol:

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Why so glum, chum? They're still here as of July 2021 and Warp have barely released anything big this year unless you're a Squid fan. I'd keep the faith a bit longer. :D

The Squid album is awesome!!

I used to be a rly big Doseone fan wayy back in the day, his first album Hemispheres was mind blowing to me. So to see that his projects went on to be remixed by BoC a handful of times is great. Had I been told that would've been a thing when I was a teenager and big into both artists, my stoned brain would've exploded.
phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
Yeah I’d love to see the lyrics. The song is “Treat em Right,” but I’m pretty sure they do no say those words during the song. It would be one thing if we heard them say “treat em right”—but I’m not sure why people are hearing “treat em” like a prostitute—there is no connection there. I am certain the refrain is “Dreamin like a prostitute.” Listen for the “dreaming”—there is no hard T sound in there.

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:Yeah I’d love to see the lyrics. The song is “Treat em Right,” but I’m pretty sure they do no say those words during the song. It would be one thing if we heard them say “treat em right”—but I’m not sure why people are hearing “treat em” like a prostitute—there is no connection there. I am certain the refrain is “Dreamin like a prostitute.” Listen for the “dreaming”—there is no hard T sound in there.

in the lyrics of the og song they literally say "Treat Me Right" so the word Treat is directly lifted from that. It's easy to let your ears hear a difference that isn't there. The first line in the song is "Treat em like a Prostitute." Just listen to the song lol

I also don't really get the complaints about disliking the vocals, Patton, Adebimpe and Doseone all are lyrical, vocal geniuses

Dayvan Cowboy
I think one thing that interests me, is why people (and I've been open to the idea) think that this remix is a statement on behalf of the band. I really doubt any of the other remixes were. The only other one I could see being a statement was Mr. Mistake, ironically enough, also from the Nevermen.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada