Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

BoC photography: AI colorization program results

Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:52 pm

Hello all, a couple of days ago I was recommended a type of AI software by kakanara (thanks! :D )
which takes black and white images and colorises them, I played around a bit (one of the results is my new avatar) and tried different images to test try.
Then I had an idea, what would the black and white photographs of the bros sandison look like if put through this software. After sourcing them from bocpages, I ran them through the website.
Some of the upcoming are quite striking, some are strange to look at considering the originals in comparison.
So here for your enjoyment are the results!

[url]Image[/url]

[url]Image[/url]

[url]Image[/url]

[url]Image[/url]

Thoughts? Love to hear some feedback!
link for the AI software I used https://deepai.org/machine-learning-model/colorizer

Re: BoC photography: AI colorization program results

Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:24 pm

As a photographer, I'm actually impressed with the finished product. Certainly a stepping stone that will aid a quicker editing process in Lightroom if needed. Thanks for sharing!

Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:20 pm

Impressive but, some of the coloring looks a bit off to me. It's like a mix between B&W and color, it's kind of uncanny.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:06 pm

funnnnpng wrote:Impressive but, some of the coloring looks a bit off to me. It's like a mix between B&W and color, it's kind of uncanny.

I’ll see if I can edit their tint to try and make them more naturalistic. I was quite surprised with how well the 1st and 3rd one came out, there’s other B&W photos of the boys so I’ll put some more through the website and get back with the results.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:19 pm

funnnnpng wrote:Impressive but, some of the coloring looks a bit off to me. It's like a mix between B&W and color, it's kind of uncanny.

I'm into this. The pictures resemble the bright, yet uncanny sound of BoC's music now.

Also, have you guys seen PIC's new stuff (http://peteriaincampbell.co.uk/wp/?skills=works-iv)? It's a lot like this. There's this thing about the old disposable cameras compared to new digital cameras that make them special.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:30 pm

That's neat! I took the liberty to put the original and edit side to side.

Can I share these to bocpages?

1)
2)
3)
4)

Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:57 pm

Fredd-E wrote:That's neat! I took the liberty to put the original and edit side to side.

Can I share these to bocpages?

Absolutely! :D
Post a reply