Place yer bets for 2023!

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm really feeling 2023 will be the year. MDG said "a new album is on the way" in July and clearly that indicates something coming relatively soon.

Now I'm going to place a bet here on the month it will show up. I'm thinking April 2023 because that's the 25th anniversary of Music Has the Right To Children. The Pioneer's Plaque features the faceless people and a turquoise hexagon, both hallmarks of that classic album.

I get the vibe we're standing on the edge of something. Only one and a half more months of 2022 and then only four til April. What do you think? :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I'm really feeling 2023 will be the year. MDG said "a new album is on the way" in July and clearly that indicates something coming relatively soon.

Now I'm going to place a bet here on the month it will show up. I'm thinking April 2023 because that's the 25th anniversary of Music Has the Right To Children. The Pioneer's Plaque features the faceless people and a turquoise hexagon, both hallmarks of that classic album.

I get the vibe we're standing on the edge of something. Only one and a half more months of 2022 and then only four til April. What do you think? :D

50th anniversary to Pioneer 11 launch is also on April 5th :shock: Or Around Xmas a glimpse :idea:

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:
Echelon wrote:I'm really feeling 2023 will be the year. MDG said "a new album is on the way" in July and clearly that indicates something coming relatively soon.

50th anniversary to Pioneer 11 launch is also on April 5th :shock: Or Around Xmas a glimpse :idea:

Ooh didn't even know the anniversary for Pioneer 11 was in April! As was the "I Feel Good!"

That's it, all chips on that month!

Sherbet Head
In 2023, BoC will probably eat many different foods and also sleep regularly. Try and come up with a more accurate prediction than that!
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:In 2023, BoC will probably eat many different foods and also sleep regularly. Try and come up with a more accurate prediction than that!

They'll breath. Topped it ;)

Eagle Minded
LP6.
preparation for a dive.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Jango9 wrote:In 2023, BoC will probably eat many different foods and also sleep regularly. Try and come up with a more accurate prediction than that!

Wild suggestion, but I think they will drink water.

Dayvan Cowboy
bungler666 wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Wild suggestion, but I think they will drink water.

You've got it all wrong, my wild stab in the dark suggests they’d live in some sort of house/accommodation in 2023. :D

Boqurant
my dad works at boards of canada and he says that the LP5 will release 23 april 2015

omg!!!!!!
"Boc is probably in the future thinking about the past" - Sean Booth 05/06/2022

https://maschtob.bandcamp.com/album/the-9th-sacred-camp

Friendly Stranger
Misinformation themed— but all the song titles are the same or blank.
Ooooo, it's pink!

Dayvan Cowboy
The music, the vault, every snippet was lost in a freak accident involving a mutant skunk and a quantum rip in the fabric of reality where it was spilled into the nonbeing between the multiverses.

Sorry to break it to you.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Sherbet Head
2/3/23

Cause why not

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
You've got it all wrong, my wild stab in the dark suggests they’d live in some sort of house/accommodation in 2023. :D

They've got their own compound by now ;)

Posts Quantity
I'll predict no new LP and no announcement.

outhudd wrote:I'll predict no new LP and no announcement.

How much money are you going to lose on this bet?

Eagle Minded
My current best guess is any time prior to (or near) the Tomorrow's Harvest 10th anniversary, which is June. Warp will want to use the "first boc album in ten years" thing in marketing.

hexagonFox wrote:
Echelon wrote:April 2023 because that's the 25th anniversary of Music Has the Right To Children.

50th anniversary to Pioneer 11 launch is also on April 5th

Both excellent points I hadn't realized before. April is shaping up to be a good month.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Biznasty wrote:My current best guess is any time prior to (or near) the Tomorrow's Harvest 10th anniversary, which is June. Warp will want to use the "first boc album in ten years" thing in marketing.

hexagonFox wrote:
Echelon wrote:April 2023 because that's the 25th anniversary of Music Has the Right To Children.

50th anniversary to Pioneer 11 launch is also on April 5th

Both excellent points I hadn't realized before. April is shaping up to be a good month.

Spring is also well post holiday season. People probably have money again and most likely the weather is getting sunnier again. Good vibes. Big sales.

Eagle Minded
Nothing says "BoC vibes" quite like maximizing quarterly sales figures.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Biznasty wrote:Nothing says "BoC vibes" quite like maximizing quarterly sales figures.

WARP: We Are Retail People

Sherbet Head
outhudd wrote:I'll predict no new LP and no announcement.

You might be onto something here...
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Next

Return to Boards of Canada