Geogaddi easter eggs

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I forgot about this thread. It is a bad thread.
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

Posts Quantity
But where else can one share these ideas, you guys are all I have as an outlet for my appreciation of BoC. I for one do not mind reading your ideas on what hidden symbolism In the Annexe may carry. What forum is this any way?
But yeah, if you are taking the opinions and idea you read here too seriously then, aww hell do what you want...
Its only cuz your not used to the dark thats all... :lol:
and oh yeah infinte_e, i drew a picture once that eerily resembles your melting man, I'll post it up sometime...
Silvania.

Dayvan Cowboy
infinite sevens wrote:infinte_e, i drew a picture once that eerily resembles your melting man, I'll post it up sometime...

cool, I'd like to see that.
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

Dayvan Cowboy
In class I learned that a "gaddi" is Indian for a "seat" as in the "seat" of an emperor. Geogaddi = seat of the earth?

Nova Scotia Robot
saturdayindex wrote:In class I learned that a "gaddi" is Indian for a "seat" as in the "seat" of an emperor. Geogaddi = seat of the earth?

hmmm. or throne of the earth. keep in mind the album length, the track The Devil is in the Details and other biblical reference in Geogaddi. 1st John 5:19 says: "...the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." In other words the devil is ruling the earth or you could say sitting in it's throne.

"We've been interested in these things for a while, but on this album, we thought it'd be fun to put it in as a theme. The golden mean is nothing new in architecture and music. All through history, there have been guys like Mozart who got into the Masonic knowledge and were fascinated by this stuff. On Geogaddi, there's a vague theme of math and geometry and how they relate to religious iconography."

geo, short for geometry. geometry's throne or seat.

It could mean all the things we have thought of. Cause look what BoC said:
"It can have several meanings. We have our own definite idea of it, a combination of words that describe an idea we had at the time of writing it, but we want listeners to make their own minds up."

Mike Sandison: "Usually, our titles are self-explanatory, but this record's title is a composite that has more than one meaning. We have a meaning we understand from it, but it's up to listeners to choose their own meaning. I suppose the nature thing has an indirect effect on us while we're writing, because we're out here in the country most of the time. We're both heavily interested in science, too, which crosses over into nature and probably comes through in the music."

Eagle Minded
This is fun. Let's overanalyze Britney Spears tracks next.
-Hunter

Posts Quantity
Sleep with her, she's not too young.

Dayvan Cowboy
I heard that Mike and Marcus view this forum everyday and have a good ol' chuckle to wind down after a day of playing and recording for their new r'n'b project

Posts Quantity
747Music wrote:
saturdayindex wrote:In class I learned that a "gaddi" is Indian for a "seat" as in the "seat" of an emperor. Geogaddi = seat of the earth?

hmmm. or throne of the earth. keep in mind the album length, the track The Devil is in the Details and other biblical reference in Geogaddi. 1st John 5:19 says: "...the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." In other words the devil is ruling the earth or you could say sitting in it's throne.
[/quote]

This is sounding very plausible!

Dayvan Cowboy
this makes sense, to me,
but what 747 said, hmm, i don't think so much. =P

Posts Quantity
Infinite E wrote:
infinite sevens wrote:infinte_e, i drew a picture once that eerily resembles your melting man, I'll post it up sometime...

cool, I'd like to see that.

You dont have the melting man up anymore, but here is my drawing, :D...
Silvania.

Boqurant
I did some maths as I was going to sleep last night listening to Geogaddi and I think I've got it figured out...

70 (smallest weird number duh) + 23 (illuminati duh) = 93

9+3 = 12

12/2 (Michael and Marcus) = 6 = HEXAGON

6x3 (number of full albums) = 18 = my age zOMG
OR
6 3 times = 666

!!!

But seriously. As cool as all these easter eggs are to find, if you strive to figure them out it takes away from the music. All you need to find out is already there in the sounds; I'm sure the album means something very different for all of us, which is all you can ask for with great music. But really cool work guys, makes for a very interesting read :)

Posts Quantity
I always thought 666 had something to do with the fact that 3 hexagons (6) will tile perfectly.

Still, the original number was 616, and what with the book of revelations being hundreds of years old, and the chinese whispers being used before it's official writing down (followed by the close upwards effect) the figure was inadvertedly changed.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada