sir prancelot brainfire

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
i find this one of boc's happiest songs.
do you agree?
what is one of boc's songs which inspires a sense happiness in you (not just because you are enjoying or relating to the music. i mean an unnatural happiness, one without dismal undertones)?

Dayvan Cowboy
Yes! I love this song, it always cheers me up..it's a good tune to listen to flying down the highway. It reminds me of 70s car chases in movies or something..I'm always whistling the main melody at work. At 2:18 the crazy melody that starts playing is awesome..so funked up.

8)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Sherbet Head
Although the song sixtyniner has a bit of a gloomy melody, at around 2:35 when the guy is talking about sex, that tune that begins to play really 'uplifts' me out of the sad feeling that the song carries... sounds like the music you hear in an old 70s video about butterfly metamorphosis, and the butterfly is just coming out of the pupa... but then the main melody continues and you're back to feeling gloomy. That short melody is probably the best BoC has ever written, or sampled... I wonder if Chris Horne had a play in this song?
MOST THINGS GO OUT OF STYLE, ' C E P T
F R I E N D S

Boqurant
Much to my friend's disagreement, I find most of BoC's to have a positive vibe. If I had to pick one, it would be Audiotrack 9b.

Eagle Minded
Twoism-ist wrote:Although the song sixtyniner has a bit of a gloomy melody, at around 2:35 when the guy is talking about sex, that tune that begins to play really 'uplifts' me out of the sad feeling that the song carries... sounds like the music you hear in an old 70s video about butterfly metamorphosis, and the butterfly is just coming out of the pupa... but then the main melody continues and you're back to feeling gloomy. That short melody is probably the best BoC has ever written, or sampled... I wonder if Chris Horne had a play in this song?

sir prancelot brainfire uses the exact same "guy talking about sex" voice sample.

maybe there's something in his voice or words that invokes happiness.

i don't think anybody knows the extent of which chris horne contributed to the album, besides of course those who worked on the album.
Last edited by Echo the Sun on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eagle Minded
volante wrote:Much to my friend's disagreement, I find most of BoC's to have a positive vibe. If I had to pick one, it would be Audiotrack 9b.

i find it hard to find old tunes vol. 1 stuff.
i only have about 15 tracks from it.

Dayvan Cowboy
volante wrote:Much to my friend's disagreement, I find most of BoC's to have a positive vibe. If I had to pick one, it would be Audiotrack 9b.

9B wooo
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Friendly Stranger
Last edited by Najm ad-Din Ayyub on Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
They didn't actually write this song, it's from some old British TV show. I read about it somewhere before, I think maybe there's a sample of the original somewhere on WATMM?

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:They didn't actually write this song, it's from some old British TV show. I read about it somewhere before, I think maybe there's a sample of the original somewhere on WATMM?

are you discussing sixtyniner or sir prancelot brainfire because Twoism-ist was wondering if chris horne helped write sixtyniner, not sir prancelot.

Posts Quantity
when i first heard brainfire, I felt like the song defined me, the happy tune with that sample, that sample isnt a happy one for me...
It is beautiful though, how they use it.
Silvania.

Dayvan Cowboy
almost all of brainfire wasn't even recorded by BoC. Only the little synth line on top of it is by BoC.
Black then White are all I see in my infancy...Red and Yellow then came to me, reachin' out to me, lets me see...

Boqurant
Vordhosbn wrote:almost all of brainfire wasn't even recorded by BoC. Only the little synth line on top of it is by BoC.

I heard this song today first time in a long time. Does anyone know if that entire song is one sample? It's very 70s'ish sounding but in a menacing sorta way that i dont equate with BoC.

Friendly Stranger
Sir Prancelot Brainfire is pretty happy, but in the ones that make me smile I would pick Roygbiv !

Friendly Stranger
The version used by BOC is available on a CD called "Those Pesky Kids" It is performed by The Piccadilly Players

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005IB6Q/ciaouk-music-mp-21/ref=nosim

Friendly Stranger
i've got a mp3 of it that i could upload to Rapidshare...
...but is that allowed?

Sherbet Head
i think every old tunes track i have is mislabled. i'm pretty sure of the song being discussed here, but i have it labled as "david came to mahana'im".

Dayvan Cowboy
sasquatch wrote:The version used by BOC is available on a CD called "Those Pesky Kids" It is performed by The Piccadilly Players

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005IB6Q/ciaouk-music-mp-21/ref=nosim

That CD looks like a good one to raise my kids on.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Boqurant
vonarx wrote:i think every old tunes track i have is mislabled. i'm pretty sure of the song being discussed here, but i have it labled as "david came to mahana'im".

i absolutely love 'david came to mahana'im ..no mistaking that for brainfire which doesn't evoke those happy feelings for me that y'all are talking about..BoC songs that do that for me are aquarius, roygbiv, skyliner, kaini industries, forest moon.. etc etc etc...

Boqurant
Echo the Sun wrote:i find this one of boc's happiest songs.
do you agree?
what is one of boc's songs which inspires a sense happiness in you (not just because you are enjoying or relating to the music. i mean an unnatural happiness, one without dismal undertones)?

And Peacock Tail must be total limerence. =)

Next

Return to Boards of Canada