Your Boards of Canada Collection

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
im wondering how he wouldve gotten the alpha quest mix tape, if there's only been 1 in existance ever

and the boc maxima art is the wrong art anyway, its the version of the pic w half of mike's head cropped off and that one's not it

Boqurant
jcotteri wrote:
Morris wrote:Image

Oof! Forgot to throw Trans Canada Highway in.

I can't believe you have an Omar Souleyman record.. That's so dope! Respect. :D

highway to hassake is my fav record.. Hah any other recs?

Highway to Hassake is great! That's the only Souleyman record I own. I really want to find his early tapes. I love Dabke and Middle Eastern music in general.

And I just felt like posting the TH inner sleeves:

http://www.expresoritmico.com Cuban album design of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

New Seed
I just purchased a sealed Twoism record and the center label sticker appears to be attached to the outer sleeve. Has anybody seen this before?

Sherbet Head
Morris wrote:
jcotteri wrote:
Morris wrote:Image

Oof! Forgot to throw Trans Canada Highway in.

I can't believe you have an Omar Souleyman record.. That's so dope! Respect. :D

highway to hassake is my fav record.. Hah any other recs?

Highway to Hassake is great! That's the only Souleyman record I own. I really want to find his early tapes. I love Dabke and Middle Eastern music in general.

And I just felt like posting the TH inner sleeves:

I love that Silver Apples record, I reckon it was a major influence on Portishead's Third.

Posts Quantity
sherbethead wrote:I just purchased a sealed Twoism record and the center label sticker appears to be attached to the outer sleeve. Has anybody seen this before?

I think you'll probably find its attached to the vinyl label but the corner isn't stuck down properly so its over lapped the sleeve as the vinyl was slipped in to the sleeve. you can see the corner on the other label isn't stuck down properly either and has folded over.

Dayvan Cowboy
kid wrote:
sherbethead wrote:I just purchased a sealed Twoism record and the center label sticker appears to be attached to the outer sleeve. Has anybody seen this before?

I think you'll probably find its attached to the vinyl label but the corner isn't stuck down properly so its over lapped the sleeve as the vinyl was slipped in to the sleeve. you can see the corner on the other label isn't stuck down properly either and has folded over.

That's so cool! Freaking shows how handmade the OG copies of Twoism are..want, by the way :wink:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Posts Quantity
harpoon dodger wrote:
kid wrote:

That's so cool! Freaking shows how handmade the OG copies of Twoism are..want, by the way :wink:

it's not hand made....that is the warp re-issue pictured. I would think they've been stuck on by machine as there were no doubt thousands of copies manufactured.

Dayvan Cowboy
^^Lol, I just realized my error now. That's what happens when you drunk-post, folks :roll:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Boqurant
kid wrote:I got mine all out today and took a pic:

Not going to bother listing it all, highlights include original BOARD1 copy of twoism, mask 100-500 (the ones in the plain black sleeves), aquarius 7", warp20 boxset and my tickets from lighthouse party and listening event.

Your collection is awesome! You even have the Kaleidoscope and the original BOARD1 copy.

Posts Quantity
Just the usual suspects

Dayvan Cowboy
kid wrote:I got mine all out today and took a pic:

Not going to bother listing it all, highlights include original BOARD1 copy of twoism, mask 100-500 (the ones in the plain black sleeves), aquarius 7", warp20 boxset and my tickets from lighthouse party and listening event.

dude i REALLY like yer MASK set! so sweet!

Posts Quantity
Popped in to a local record store today and I usually don't look at the electronic CD section, but today I actually found MHTRTC and The Campfire Headphase on CD, still sealed :D I pondered whether I would leave them unopened, but that didn't last long...
Don't be afraid to persist...
https://soundcloud.com/tiny-sparrow

Dayvan Cowboy
In two months, I'll have just about everything on vinyl.. ;)

(and CD..)

Sherbet Head
i've got all their records :lol:

Happy Cycler
Waterbagel wrote:In two months, I'll have just about everything on vinyl.. ;)

(and CD..)

OH SNAP :wink:
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
kid wrote:Image

beautiful and very complete collection, congratulations!

Dayvan Cowboy
[everything except for MASK 100 and MASK 200] posted before

Dayvan Cowboy

A good friend of mine is making this for me, a candleholder. It's not done yet, but it's gonna be awesome seeing those trees light up whenever I light my candles up!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Sherbet Head
portiss wrote:Image

A good friend of mine is making this for me, a candleholder. It's not done yet, but it's gonna be awesome seeing those trees light up whenever I light my candles up!

oh great, now i want one, too!

Dayvan Cowboy
And the end result (the trees and stuff are also black, just can't see it properly on the picture).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWsV4_VIMAAwYje.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWsWCbSIQAAzana.jpg:large
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada