Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Hello, I've been lurking for some time but now I've decided to register to view new posts more easily. I'll be happy to contribute, too. I've been listening to BoC for over a year and they have been a great inspiration for me. Thanks to them (and the Kraina Grzybów series) I got interested in the hauntology movement. Now I'm researching hauntology aesthetic and BoC's music greatly influences my understanding of it.

Friendly Stranger
Hello!

Come from a small town in the North Of England, and have always enjoyed the likes of BoC and Aphex et al. Like most on this forum im desperately praying for new BoC!

Where abouts in the north? I'm down south now, but original from the North-east.

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
Teesside! Or Middlesbrough to be more precise!

Ah! A smoggy!! Lol
Northumberland. Near Whitley Bay. Black and white ;-)

Pretty sure someone from Boro claimed to have bought one of the Tomorrow's Harvest record store Day 12"s.

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
That would be class if true, nice to see Boro get recognised for music, and not other things :/

New Seed
Hello. Guess I'm new here too eh? Nice to meet you all. I'm Komorebi, but call me Reb. I'm a guy from the UK who has been a fan of BoC I produce my own music as a hobby and I envy the type of gear they have so much! I'll have to stick to VSTs, sadly, as I'm quite poor. Decided to join as I'm wanting to find other musicians/producers to talk with and maybe learn a bit from. I'm terrible at intros so I'll keep this short, but you guys can ask me questions if you so desire :)
There was no reason for me to stay in the real world any longer. In the real world, it didn't matter if I was there or not. When I realized that, I was no longer afraid of losing my body.

New Seed
**who has been a fan of BoC for ages

Lord I need to proofread before I type

Also, cool there are others from the northeast here :) am from newcastle way
There was no reason for me to stay in the real world any longer. In the real world, it didn't matter if I was there or not. When I realized that, I was no longer afraid of losing my body.

Yeah, I'm from just north of Newcastle (although I live in Dorset now). ANorthernSoul is another Geordie, albeit he's up in Edinburgh.

Slow down...

New Seed
Greetings....only just discovered this...
Ob huge BOC fan...…

Many folks still using this forum??????

Sherbet Head
Hi people, i have not been to the forum for many years.. i am back!! :D

Nova Scotia Robot
coco1970 wrote:Greetings....only just discovered this...
Ob huge BOC fan...…

Many folks still using this forum??????

Welcome! Ya, we're still decently active here. Things really pick up when official announcements are made.

polarbear wrote:Hi people, i have not been to the forum for many years.. i am back!! :D

Welcome back!

If either of you use discord, twoism is here: https://discord.gg/cqjAAA4

Sherbet Head
polarbear wrote:Hi people, i have not been to the forum for many years.. i am back!! :D

Welcome back!

thanks u very much, brother!
but i really dont know that app called "discord".. what is it for? explain me, please! :D

Nova Scotia Robot
polarbear wrote:

Welcome back!

but i really dont know that app called "discord".. what is it for? explain me, please! :D

It's an instant chat app. Text chat, voice chat, etc. It was built for gamers, but is great for any thing a chat app might be great for. There's lots of folk on the twoism discord server that that link leads to. Lots of other servers about good music too.

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:
polarbear wrote:

Welcome back!

It's an instant chat app. Text chat, voice chat, etc. It was built for gamers, but is great for any thing a chat app might be great for. There's lots of folk on the twoism discord server that that link leads to. Lots of other servers about good music too.

oh great, right now I will download the app on my iphone!

Nova Scotia Robot
vhs midnight style wrote:Hey! I'm a music producer from Manchester, UK. I enjoy listening to Boards of Canada and uh, thats all there is to it. Hope I'm not a little late joining.

Welcome!
Is your first name Adrian by any chance?

Nova Scotia Robot
Flory wrote:Forgot to do this but hello I exist and so dose everything els. Except track 13 on TH which claims nothing is real. I wonder if real and exist mean the same thing

AFAIK, what is real doesn't need to be current. For something to exist, it must be current. For example: Dinosaurs are real, but they don't exist.

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:
Flory wrote:Forgot to do this but hello I exist and so dose everything els. Except track 13 on TH which claims nothing is real. I wonder if real and exist mean the same thing

AFAIK, what is real doesn't need to be current. For something to exist, it must be current. For example: Dinosaurs are real, but they don't exist.

lol made that month's ago.
But yeah.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

New Seed
Hi there!

Sherbet Head
ADayInTheLife wrote:Hi there!

welcome to the forum.. where are u from?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada