Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Hi all.

Have been reading the boards for years.

And have been listening to Boards for even longer.
1986 Summer Fire

Quadrivium wrote:Hi all.

Welcome our new overlord. Nice profile picture.

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:
Quadrivium wrote:Hi all.

Welcome our new overlord. Nice profile picture.

Thank you. Can I just say thanks for bocpages. Such an amazing resource for us fans.
1986 Summer Fire

Dayvan Cowboy
Evening you fine folks on the Internet, I’ve been a lurker for 1-2 years now. Was thinking what it would be like to join in the discussions And now I can!
Loved the sandisons music ever since I found my 2002 CD reissue of MHTRTC, can’t wait to interact with you all.

Lovely stuff - R.G (aka ‘orbited insanitarium’)

New Seed
Hello everyone! Long time lurker and even longer fan of BOC. Boards of Canada has touch my life in ways that I'll never be able to fully put into words. I'm so happy to join this community and meet you all!

Much love

Dayvan Cowboy
Good luck Tregs, from one new seed to another :D

Boqurant
Hey there :-)

I'm the Duke.

From Manchester UK
Friends, you owe it to yourself and your family to leave the congested city, and enjoy what nature intended you to enjoy.

Friendly Stranger
Hi.
40 years old living in the South West of France and addicted to BOC since the release of Geogaddi.
Collector of all I can find from BOC.
Many thanks

Posts Quantity
Hello. I'm Sandrail.
I make my own sorta dark ambient stuff, mostly for friends under the band name Sandrail.
My username is based off a cool, really obscure and possibly fake BoC song Sandrail which sounds a lot like the stuff I make.
I also own some rare BoC stuff like MASK 500, Unreleased Tracks, etc.
Fly!

New Seed
top-o'-the-whatever-time-of-day-it-is-for-you-to-you

i have been reading these "boards" since 2011. i am 24 now so i guess you could say i grew up with boc. i am living in los angeles now and it is interesting to relate their music to the buildings in downtown and the pace of the city.

i take pictures, for a time i shot film exclusively and currently have 216 unprocessed rolls going back to 2015. now (because of this) i am mostly working with early digital cameras (usually sub-4.mp). i post my photos here: tumblr

i also make music. for several years i was making lofi electronic stuff with a friend (using only busted casios and the like, recording to tape, you know...) and then we transitioned to making a kind of blissed out country-gaze music together, but 3 weeks ago we stopped talking so now i'm looking into the future alone. working on some new material with my newly acquired volca sample loaded with compurhythm/rhythmbox sounds .........

Eagle Minded
333 wrote:top-o'-the-whatever-time-of-day-it-is-for-you-to-you

i have been reading these "boards" since 2011. i am 24 now so i guess you could say i grew up with boc. i am living in los angeles now and it is interesting to relate their music to the buildings in downtown and the pace of the city.

i take pictures, for a time i shot film exclusively and currently have 216 unprocessed rolls going back to 2015. now (because of this) i am mostly working with early digital cameras (usually sub-4.mp). i post my photos here: tumblr

i also make music. for several years i was making lofi electronic stuff with a friend (using only busted casios and the like, recording to tape, you know...) and then we transitioned to making a kind of blissed out country-gaze music together, but 3 weeks ago we stopped talking so now i'm looking into the future alone. working on some new material with my newly acquired volca sample loaded with compurhythm/rhythmbox sounds .........

loved your pictures! added your tumblr to my blog bookmarks
i am not very familiar with american infrastructure/architecture, so your pictures are very interesting to me, noticing those small differences between buildings, signs, etc.
A particular difference i've noticed in your pictures is how flat and spaceous everything is. There seems to be so much empty space everywhere, which i guess makes sense since it's a desert environment. Over here anything that isn't occupied and mantained by humans is overgrown and taken over by nature. Not much empty space.

anywhere where i can listen to your stuff? i got a cheapo casio keyboard aswell and i have a real hard time making music with it.

Eagle Minded
sandrail wrote:Hello. I'm Sandrail.
I make my own sorta dark ambient stuff, mostly for friends under the band name Sandrail.
My username is based off a cool, really obscure and possibly fake BoC song Sandrail which sounds a lot like the stuff I make.

lucky bastard. where did you get mask 500 from?
anyhow, from another newcomer, welcome
yes, i would love to be free!

Posts Quantity
NorthSaturnian wrote:
sandrail wrote:Hello. I'm Sandrail.

lucky bastard. where did you get mask 500 from?
anyhow, from another newcomer, welcome

eBay, 2008. They did a repress in 2009, so I have one of the initial 500. It was for sale for something like $34.99, some guy had no idea how rare it would be.
Fly!

Friendly Stranger
Hi folks, I'm new here! Lurked for a while though.

I'm a grad student situated in sunny Rochester, New York. I research VR and why it's awful.

...would it come as any surprise if I mentioned my budding ambient music career? :roll:

Dayvan Cowboy
kube wrote:Hi folks, I'm new here! Lurked for a while though.

I'm a grad student situated in sunny Rochester, New York. I research VR and why it's awful.

...would it come as any surprise if I mentioned my budding ambient music career? :roll:

Welcome kube!
Loving the avatar BTW, fun stuff indeed.
glad to have you onboard. :D

Friendly Stranger
<3

Eagle Minded
I never introduced myself.

I've been a fan since right after Tomorrow's Harvest.
For years I had some of their tracks in my favorite mixtapes but I never realized who or what BOC was until later in life. Now I find myself checking for news multiple times daily.

I make music occasionally; I'm a carpenter; I raise goats.
I'm fascinated by the end of the world and nature.

Sometimes it gets a little weird on the forum but it's a great group of people. I never realized how many other people had similar interests.

Tarantula by Colourbox has a lyric that sums up the whole worldview of BOC for me, as of late. Something about black times I think.

Anyway, here's to a bunch of people with great taste in music and art.

Posts Quantity
Welcome!
Fly!

Friendly Stranger
Oh, apologies I joined during the week, nice to land here and see fellow lovers of eargasms. Happy Sunday to you

Dayvan Cowboy
Theboywhoreversedhimself wrote:Oh, apologies I joined during the week, nice to land here and see fellow lovers of eargasms. Happy Sunday to you

Dry your feet on that misspelled mat and get comfy!
Welcome theboywhoreversedhimself! :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada