Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Hey, what's up?

Sherbet Head
DocRobert wrote:Hey, what's up?

Hey dude, welcome - as far as whats up, i'm about to post something in the "what you're working on right now" thread =P
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Dayvan Cowboy
(enters thread drunk and obnoxious)...well isnt this fuckin cute. "hi how are you and your shoes?" god damn bunch a faggots!! gonna have a little sissy picnic soon too? and hug trees and kiss flowers while rubbing your little pussies to boards of canada? "hello im hills west, go fuck yourself." "hi. names hills, i make nice music but ill fuckin kill you" "hi im FUCK OFF COCKSUCKER!!". why dont we start a new genre and call it emo-tronica and we can whine and cry to each other about our lives and our stupid shit music projects that will lay under the skin of the earth with us when we die of cancer.

aaahh that felt good. r.i.p. george carlin.

p.s. im only kidding around. i didnt mean it. this is my favourite board. im not sorry piss off.

x's and fuckin o's you hippy little shits.. i fuckin love all a ya.

edit: friend walks over hears me readin this and says "hahaha youre a fuckin nut man. but youre a good guy, im just glad im on your side cuz youre a psycho." i didnt have a response for this. didnt know what to make of it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Falcon Christ wrote:'sup fools?

I listen to Boards of Canada quite a bit, especially when knocking boots. I've actually manipulated people with their music, Geogaddi makes panties drop son.

I'll be updating my profile and whatnot with links to my graffitti and sneaker collection.

Peace bitches!

sup fool. yeah, have to agree with you there... panties love to come off to dawn chorus.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Sherbet Head
There is a Paul incoming.

New Seed
Hi, my name is Paul. I like music, and I'm awful at introductions.

I'm good friends with 88marquis, and I make music with him quite often, as well as a little space ambient stuff I do alone on the side. I've been gandering this forum on-and-off for a little while [usually at mister marquis' place :B], and he told me a lot about it, so we decided it was time that I sign up.

I'm a 22 year old rural resident. I enjoy heaps of sonic equipment, typewriters, interesting films, BOC [Thanks again, 88marquis], and the NASA channel.

I'll probably be spending a lot of time on here. :3 Let's be friends.

-Px
SOMEONE PLEASE JUST
I'M SORRY I DON'T EVEN

Happy Cycler
look forward to hearing your music! and hi ^_^
"It's been a long time..."

Sherbet Head
firewalkwithme wrote:Hi, my name is Paul. I like music, and I'm awful at introductions.

I'm good friends with 88marquis, and I make music with him quite often, as well as a little space ambient stuff I do alone on the side. I've been gandering this forum on-and-off for a little while [usually at mister marquis' place :B], and he told me a lot about it, so we decided it was time that I sign up.

I'm a 22 year old rural resident. I enjoy heaps of sonic equipment, typewriters, interesting films, BOC [Thanks again, 88marquis], and the NASA channel.

-Px

Welcome guy! About time you registered =P

I think this makes us the first duo here on twoism, am i right? I hope we don't disappoint come decent weather - we make beautiful music out in the country at his place.

firewalkwithme wrote:Hi, my name is Paul. I like music, and I'm awful at introductions.

-Px

Welcome Paul! :D

Slow down...

New Seed
D'aww, thanks you guys. ^^

Let's all hang out, play Apple ][ games, and be interested in music together. :D

Speaking of, I'm currently listening to "Easy Listening For The Hard Of Hearing" by Boyd Rice & Frank Tovey, to give an idea of what I'm currently into.
SOMEONE PLEASE JUST
I'M SORRY I DON'T EVEN

Dayvan Cowboy

-Px

Welcome! Love the pic..I used to watch Ghostwriter a ton when I was a kid. And I assume you get your name from the Twin Peaks movie--also awesome.

Enjoy your stay!
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

New Seed
Thank you very much! I'm currently borrowing the Twin Peaks Gold Edition from my friend, it's stunning. :D
SOMEONE PLEASE JUST
I'M SORRY I DON'T EVEN

Dayvan Cowboy
firewalkwithme wrote:Thank you very much! I'm currently borrowing the Twin Peaks Gold Edition from my friend, it's stunning. :D

Nice! I've been meaning to drop a thick wad o' cash on that box set for a while now :wink:

Eagle Minded
¡Hola!

I am Jeske (gender = female :roll:), 24 years of age. I live in the Netherlands but i do not feel particularly Dutch 8). I lead an average life; I share a nice apartment with a good friend, i am a big fan of words and colours and like to let my imagination assume power every now and then. I work at a shop solely to earn my living, and i wrestle with writing music and proza as much as the rest of the time allows me. (I like to think of the latter as my real, but horribly underpaid, job).
My brother, known as Earthbound on myspace, lead me into the curious realm of BoC quite some years ago and i’m still getting more and more fascinated by their sound. In my vocabulary i even made their name a describing of a genre.
I am also a huge appreciator of the music of Bibio and Saturday Index.
I subscribed here mainly to discover likewise genius, but this forum also seems to be a nice gathering of non-superficiality and artiness (is that a word or have i just created another neologism?). Anyway, i have a premonition i am going to feel quite at home here. :)

Tschüss.
expect nothing and live frugally on surprise.

Site Admin
Hoi Jeske (and all other new members)

Yet another Dutch member :)

Don't know how many active Dutchmen there are on Twoism right now but I do know that except of the native English speakers we are starting to become the biggest posting nation here.
What is it with BoC and Dutchies? Lauphex seems another new Dutch member.

Anyway, enough of my waffling. Enjoy your stay!

Cheers on the artiness, nominated for best new English word.
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
TheSilenceEchoes wrote:¡Hola!

I am Jeske (gender = female :roll:), 24 years of age. I live in the Netherlands but i do not feel particularly Dutch 8). I lead an average life; I share a nice apartment with a good friend, i am a big fan of words and colours and like to let my imagination assume power every now and then. I work at a shop solely to earn my living, and i wrestle with writing music and proza as much as the rest of the time allows me. (I like to think of the latter as my real, but horribly underpaid, job).
My brother, known as Earthbound on myspace, lead me into the curious realm of BoC quite some years ago and i’m still getting more and more fascinated by their sound. In my vocabulary i even made their name a describing of a genre.
I subscribed here mainly to discover likewise genius, but this forum also seems to be a nice gathering of non-superficiality and artiness (is that a word or have i just created another neologism?). Anyway, i have a premonition i am going to feel quite at home here. :)

Tschüss.

Looks like you've found the place to be! You'll enjoy Twoism no doubt..welcome!

Dayvan Cowboy
i've never actually introduced myself to the boards, i often wonder how i've managed to post so much, yet very rarely get a response. here's a little information on me - my name is wyn, i'm 22 and work in a pharmacy. i have lived in the beautiful town of aberaeron all my life, the countryside is most definitely 'in a beautiful place out in the country' -

i write music under the names bleak black branches and aeron and play bass guitar for the band fenks. i also play live with the artists son capson. i'm pretty much your average BOC fan it seems...

Sherbet Head
TheSilenceEchoes wrote:¡Hola!

Tschüss.

It's so good to have you finally on board sis!
Like harpoon dodger said, you'll enjoy twoism for sure!

By the way, maybe you should open a topic to introduce / promote a bit of your music to our fellow twoism-ers?

Eagle Minded
Earthbound wrote:It's so good to have you finally on board sis!
Like harpoon dodger said, you'll enjoy twoism for sure!

By the way, maybe you should open a topic to introduce / promote a bit of your music to our fellow twoism-ers?

Thanks bro! Re the music promotion thing, i think i'd better wait till i get a bit more of my instrumental stuff done.. Waiting for my new studio and synth to rise from the ground (i've been sowing the beans yesterday) and then i'll get a-goin'!

Bleak, that is one amazing picture. Really stunning. You live there? I envy you..
expect nothing and live frugally on surprise.

Sherbet Head
Very happy to see more and more fellow dutch people on here 8)
HoodedFreak on Youtube
Interface on WATMM

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada