Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
i'll try to ease up on the my use of smileys, as it could become irkfull after a while...

Dayvan Cowboy
i'm zack
i <3 bagels
that's about it...

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm Liam. I live in Ottawa, going to college..I write and record my own music, check the myspace link if you haven't. I am a weird individual who enjoys music, films, theoretical physics, video games, drugs and alcohol..mhmh

8)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Sherbet Head
(After posting this in the Random Sound Forum, I moved it here. I feel silly.javascript:emoticon(':(') )( i keep coming back to edit this)

male/17/NORTHERN CALIFORNIA (FUCK YEAH, anyone else?)

I am ninetyoneplus and I have been putting off joining this forum for some reason. Now I realize how silly I have been, just looking around at some of the usernames. Phasen, Boreal Network, Saturday Index, Frequent C, Brand New Retro, Trills, etc. are all artists I listen to all the time, and I can't believe how central this forum seems to be to the ambient/psychadelic/downtempo community, which I am looking to get more involved in. and i am pretty sure i am friends with a lot of you guys (at least the ones on Twoism vol.2) on myspace. does GABRIEL hang out here? i love his stuff.

I also moderate over at IDMforums.com (alias: spaceman), so drop by there if you want any production help, etc. We just released a new ambient compilation that I must say is quite fantastic (http://label.idmforums.com/idmf002-concord.html).

I produce under the name 91plus (www.myspace.com/91plus). I am currently unsigned but putting together a demo for some netlabels, I am not gonna say which ones because I don't want my uncomplete being judged by the label heads that I know hang around here. Speaking of which, does anyone know when AH is opening up for demos again?

See y'all around.

- 91+

Happy Cycler
welcome 91+ good to have you aboard
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Happy Cycler
Totopatter wrote: You're all witty, geeky and funny (= sexy ;)).

Steady - you'll embarass us all...

Have I introduced myself properly, despite posting here for ages? Not sure I have.... I'm Ian, 29, live in Edinburgh, originally from Newcastle. Married to the very lovely Mrs A_Northern_Soul, obsessed with music of all kinds as well as loving messing about outdoors, Guinness and eating. Work in Higher Education and currently trying to climb the greasy management pole. Just finished a Surveying course (just found out I passed today!) which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot in the current economic climate. Ah well....

Dayvan Cowboy
Ah what the hell, I'll introduce myself to you lot:

My name is a pretty obvious one, Jake Stott, 18 years old (turn 19 in May) from a town called Bolton, which is near Manchester, but whenever anyone asks where I'm from, i just say Manchester, cos nobody knows about Bolton!

Currently doing a radio broadcasting course, but i should really get off my ass and find a job.

Got into music properly when i was about 15, grew up in a house that had Motown, Jazz stuff playing all the time. I have a pretty wide taste in music, like everything from Jazz, Funk, Hip Hop, Punk, Electronica, Folk, Techno, little bit of D&B and Dubstep. The Smiths, Stone Roses and Joy Division are my favourite bands. First heard Boards of Canada on a BBC radio show called The Blue Room, and was totally blown away by them (first tune i heard was 'Roygbiv').

And that's enough for now. Fuck me I'm tired.

Dayvan Cowboy
jakestott wrote:Ah what the hell, I'll introduce myself to you lot:

My name is a pretty obvious one, Jake Stott, 18 years old (turn 19 in May) from a town called Bolton, which is near Manchester, but whenever anyone asks where I'm from, i just say Manchester, cos nobody knows about Bolton!

Currently doing a radio broadcasting course, but i should really get off my ass and find a job.

Got into music properly when i was about 15, grew up in a house that had Motown, Jazz stuff playing all the time. I have a pretty wide taste in music, like everything from Jazz, Funk, Hip Hop, Punk, Electronica, Folk, Techno, little bit of D&B and Dubstep. The Smiths, Stone Roses and Joy Division are my favourite bands. First heard Boards of Canada on a BBC radio show called The Blue Room, and was totally blown away by them (first tune i heard was 'Roygbiv').

Interesting, I'm from Bolton too! Small world I tells ya.
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

Dayvan Cowboy
BrandNewRetro wrote:

Haha, indeed! Whereabouts do you live? I'm in Heaton, down the road from Bolton School.

Eagle Minded

I'm the one who looks like a crackolakin' crackhead

(my real name is Florence btw)
Last edited by Totopatter on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
hungry_manweaselbeast wrote:Sweden is great, never wanted to leave that place :cry:

What a shame your no longer with us to tell me more, Im currently planning a little 10 day escape on my own this summer to Sweden, minus Kitty as she is away with family. Anyone else have any ideas let me know.

Well me...Sallybear, actually Sarah 33 from near Liverpool, England. Mother of original Boc-Kiddy, Kitty (now 10) who has now been superseeded by the deliciously cute little Aesthetics, bow down to cuteness and tiny fingers!!

Been here for over 4 years but only managed just short of 500 posts, unlike some on here mentioning NO names hehehe!!

Sometimes hang around for ages then vanish into the real world for months at a time, so you either see me or you dont.

Player of many instruments and singer with Liverpool's Sense of Sound choir. Wannabe teacher, currently studying illustration start my teacher training later this year.

Keen photographer and creator of tiny handmade books, can be seen on Flickr somewhere.

Welcome to Twoism, pull up a seat, get comfy and enjoy the ride xxx

Dayvan Cowboy
jakestott wrote:
BrandNewRetro wrote:

Haha, indeed! Whereabouts do you live? I'm in Heaton, down the road from Bolton School.

I'm from that 'lovely' area known as Farnworth! Nice to see a Boards fan with a good musical taste, we must be in our minority!
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

Sherbet Head
Cupz wrote:I never really introduced myself :shock:

and I'm not going to 8)

You'll wish you had!

I will now introduce CUPZ, by way of A FACT SHEET.

SOME FACTS:
- Cupz is also Paracat and makes choonz.
- Cupz is a chav who shaves fish for a living. His favorite milk is beef flavour. (2%)
- Cupz ironically drinks his chosen fluids from plastic freezer bags, not cups, or even bottles or cardboard cartons. Sometimes on occasion he will drink liquer from a top hat or a recently used petrol jug.
- Cupz has a fake moustache made from his own real hair that he uses to gain entry to exclusive parties, or scare children. This can also double as a large unibrow, if you must.
- Cupz has never engaged in photosynthesis, but would like to try it.
- Cupz worships a cybernetic version of Baphomet, who is voiced by Zach Galifianakis.
- Cupz's five tenets are Serenity, Quixoticy, Cheese Omelettes, Sandisonistas, and Butanical Gardens (<- not a mis-spelling)
- Cupz is a body builder, but only in the Frankensteinian sense.

Now you know Cupz!
Cupz wrote:My name is Cupz, and I approve this message.
Viper.

Eagle Minded
CoBoC wrote:

and I'm not going to 8)

You'll wish you had!

SOME FACTS:
- Cupz is a chav who shaves fish for a living. His favorite milk is beef flavour. (2%)
- Cupz ironically drinks his chosen fluids from plastic freezer bags, not cups, or even bottles or cardboard cartons. Sometimes on occasion he will drink liquer from a top hat or a recently used petrol jug.
- Cupz has a fake moustache made from his own real hair that he uses to gain entry to exclusive parties, or scare children. This can also double as a large unibrow, if you must.
- Cupz worships a cybernetic version of Baphomet, who is voiced by Zach Galifianakis.
- Cupz's five tenets are Serenity, Quixoticy, Cheese Omelettes, Sandisonistas, and Butanical Gardens (<- not a mis-spelling)

Now you know Cupz!

Best introduction message ever! :lol:

Sherbet Head
I never actually introduced myself, just kind of jumped right in!

My name is pete - i'm 20 but don't feel 20 whatsoever, or look it for that matter.

I (try) to make music, i love doing it, it helps me relax and lets my mind stop racing for a while - i love listening to everyone else's approach to music as well, and i'm extremely open minded.

I live in wisconsin, town called river falls - about a half hours drive to minneapolis/st.paul.

Lets see uhh.. i'm going to school for programming because i don't know what else to do.

I've got long hair and i drive a plymouth breeze.
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Sherbet Head
*stands up*

My name is Richard and I am an Alcoholic...

Well, not really, but I am knocking back a rather nice bottle of wine at the MO. I'm 31, a graphic designer, live in Leeds at the minute but I'm moving to Manchester soon. my dad was a chef so I'm a decent cook, my housemate has gone for an interview in Italy, my favourite colour is green and I spent half an hour epic phail trying to chat a girl up in Lush the other day.

I have no idea what to put in these threads....

Telepath
CoBoC wrote:

and I'm not going to 8)

You'll wish you had!

SOME FACTS:

Now you know Cupz!

My name is Cupz ,and I aprove this message.

New Seed
'sup fools?

I listen to Boards of Canada quite a bit, especially when knocking boots. I've actually manipulated people with their music, Geogaddi makes panties drop son.

I'll be updating my profile and whatnot with links to my graffitti and sneaker collection.

Peace bitches!
spirituality is my bidness an bidness is good.

Dayvan Cowboy
Falcon Christ wrote:'sup fools?

I listen to Boards of Canada quite a bit, especially when knocking boots. I've actually manipulated people with their music, Geogaddi makes panties drop son.

I'll be updating my profile and whatnot with links to my graffitti and sneaker collection.

Peace bitches!

Welcome on board!

Dayvan Cowboy
Falcon Christ wrote:'sup fools?

Peace bitches!

Haha yesss. Note to self: next time I'm trying to seal the deal, bust out the Geogaddi. Welcome mayne. I'm Phasen and I make musics and own a record label and go to college at UF. That's about it.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada