Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Quadraticattica wrote:Hellooooooooooo
I found this website from a youtube video.
I love Boards of Canada a lot and figured I'd register.
Whats up!?

Welcome my friend. These are my people. Now they are your people too.

Friendly Stranger
Evening all

Thought I'd say hello, got a summons from Mexicola over on last.fm to get myself over here so... here I am :D

I'm a good friend of your very own Brand New Retro and also run the Retronym hub with him. It's all rather exciting :D

Looking forward to the initiation ritual for your wonderful community, whatever it might be :D

Telepath
Take 5 grams of dried shrooms and listen to geogaddi in reverse.
J/K

WELCOME!!

Dayvan Cowboy
untune wrote:Evening all

Thought I'd say hello, got a summons from Mexicola over on last.fm to get myself over here so... here I am :D

I'm a good friend of your very own Brand New Retro and also run the Retronym hub with him. It's all rather exciting :D

Looking forward to the initiation ritual for your wonderful community, whatever it might be :D

Hollaaaa yooooooo :D
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

Friendly Stranger
BrandNewRetro wrote:

Hollaaaa yooooooo :D

'Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup G! :P

Site Admin
Welcome untune, enjoy your stay! :)
Life is a Frequency

Welcome aboard fella :D

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
Mexicola wrote:

Welcome aboard fella :D

Cheers mate! Thanks for the invite :P haha

Friendly Stranger
Hello, i'm Dennis, 18 and live in Holland (near Sittard). I discovered BoC a half year ago or so, really loving all the stuff their doing. Saw that alot of Dutch people are on this forum and some people from Belgium, so I thought lets join this place! I love to collect cd's and vinyl, and I guess my rarest BoC item on the moment is the Geogaddi hardbook version :lol: And another reason i'm joining this place is because no one around me likes BoC :roll: So I guess I have to find them here :P

The one on twoism series you guys have done are amazing.. :shock: can't wait for vol. 3. Is there still a way to get physical releases of vol. 1 and 2? Would love to get them!

Anyway I need to learn for some tests at school..

Dayvan Cowboy
Welcome Dennis. I live in Geleen myself. What a coincedence :).
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Friendly Stranger
Wow what a coincidence:O:P I thought I was the only one in the westelijke mijnstreek who is listening to Boards of Canada haha:lol: I actually live in Grevenbicht which is close to Sittard and Geleen.

Eagle Minded
the dutchies keep a-coming!! :shock: welkom Dennis!!! :)
expect nothing and live frugally on surprise.

Site Admin
Welcome to the forum Dennis :)

Another one from (the south of) Holland. I think we've the largest amount of BoC fans on this board in proportion to the population of Holland.

They are up still for purchase: http://kunaki.com/msales.asp?PublisherId=113984 but you better wait till volume 3 is up so you can buy them all together. You can also visit each microsite by clicking the "One on Twoism" button on top of this forum.
Life is a Frequency

Friendly Stranger
Thanks for the info :) is it also possible to pay with paypal? Because I don't have a creditcard :( I really would love to get my hands on the 3 cd's!

Site Admin
I'm afraid not, Kunaki only accepts creditcards. :(
Life is a Frequency

Friendly Stranger
Hmm maybe I should ask some friends who have a creditcard.. :(

Eagle Minded
hate creditcards. must kill creditcards. :x
expect nothing and live frugally on surprise.

Sherbet Head
TheSilenceEchoes wrote:hate creditcards. must kill creditcards. :x

I love mine.. He's my best friend! 8)

Welcome Dennis! These are my people.. Now they are your people too. :wink:

Friendly Stranger
Hello, my name is Nestor, but I prefer to be called Neto, 30 years old now. I live very close to Mexico City, just 30 minutes or so away from it. Maybe some of you can recognize me from other similar forums.

The first time I listened to BOC was in the local radio in the nights, probably late 1999 or early 2000, it was Aquarius, that dj in that radio station had very nice taste, also from him I knew about Luke Vibert, Squarepusher, Plone, Susumu Yokota... many more, so I was hooked with decent electronic music.

I also like some metal, death and black mostly. Work in a metal club on weekends.

This saturday I'll do an exam to enter again to college and try to put on track some life goals, wish me good luck.

Oh and my pet is a 8 year old cat called Mancha, love her.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hey Neto, welcome!

It reminds me, the first time I heard BoC (MHTRTC) was also in 99/00. Someone spammed the link (in an IRC channel where Brothomstates also hung out sometimes) to a webradio which was playing that album integrally. Didn't like it at the time, I was into very different music back then.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada