Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
gretings inter-kids

what the hell, i'll do a proper intro

i am an average vegetable-brained kid from the suburbs of minneapolis

who read too much about zen and started thinkin he was special

i make music all up in your earholes

i'm a sniveling, traipsing idiot; to expect more from me is foolhardy

i'm just here because i have to be.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
Techboy wrote:im scottish so my accent owns your's
unless you're from further west in scotland than i am.

shut it bawjaws :P

I'm Ewan, I come from fife in the east of scotland and live in glasgow now. glasgow smells and i cant see the stars, but there are people here who mean a lot to me and on the whole i quite like living here. i think a better, fairer and more pleasant world is possible and we're fucked unless we run society in a more rational, collective & democratic way. i occasionally write overly wordy posts to that effect.

i find an unreasonable amount of things fascinating, I eat a lot but i'm still notoriously skinny and am generally quite a peaceful person. I've wasted a lot of my life thus far.

My avatar shows one of my heroes, ivor cutler, lookin' fly with a sunflower in his hat.

Have you guessed, i'm also a bit of a geek.

can't think of anything else relevant just now.
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

Infinite E wrote:
Techboy wrote:im scottish so my accent owns your's
unless you're from further west in scotland than i am.

shut it bawjaws :P

Scottish accent eh? Pah! I'm from Newcastle/Northumberland, so my accent owns BOTH of yours :wink:

I'm John, I'm thirtysomething, I'm chatty. Clue: I lied about one of the previous three things.

Slow down...

Boqurant
Hi

One thing is for sure - people love to talk about themselves. ;)

Happy Cycler
Magi wrote:Hi

One thing is for sure - people love to talk about themselves. ;)

Yep! talking about yourself is one of the greatest things in the world. It makes you feel important, and unique, and appreciated, even if you're not. You should try it!

Posts Quantity
Magi wrote:One thing is for sure - people love to talk about themselves. ;)

I would like to hear you talk about yourself a bit more since you have dumped the ZX Pilot persona. You appear to be a very fascinating person... a beautiful woman who fires guns, pilots airplanes and travels the world (London at least).

If we can believe the new Magi persona then I would be interested to hear about these things.

- Do you actually pilot a plane like the one in the pic that you posted, is it a "ZX"?

- Do you practice at the firing range for recreation or as part of your work due to some sort of danger?

- Are you actually as unhappy as you posted about finding like-minded people in your life? Is this more to do with the traveling life of a pilot rather than social compatibility?

- Given your lifestyle, my biggest question is why on earth you would join an electronic music forum focusing on a (relatively) obscure Scottish duo who haven't had a major release in years? (I get the impression that you are more interested in FSOL rather than BOC, for example.)

So, talk about yourself!

ArtOfTheGroove wrote:

I would like to hear you talk about yourself a bit more since you have dumped the ZX Pilot persona. You appear to be a very fascinating person... a beautiful woman who fires guns, pilots airplanes and travels the world (London at least).

If we can believe the new Magi persona then I would be interested to hear about these things.

- Do you actually pilot a plane like the one in the pic that you posted, is it a "ZX"?

- Do you practice at the firing range for recreation or as part of your work due to some sort of danger?

- Are you actually as unhappy as you posted about finding like-minded people in your life? Is this more to do with the traveling life of a pilot rather than social compatibility?

- Given your lifestyle, my biggest question is why on earth you would join an electronic music forum focusing on a (relatively) obscure Scottish duo who haven't had a major release in years? (I get the impression that you are more interested in FSOL rather than BOC, for example.)

So, talk about yourself!

Possibly the best post in the last 12 months. (HARD) FACT(S)! :D

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
fun fact: My name's jedidiah (Hebrew: ידידיה) but I'm mostly italian-german. i'd like to pick up Hebrew though i don't speak it yet.
fun other fact: i think the name saturday index is a little dumb. i probably wasn't sober when i came up with it.

though I've obsessed about Boards of Canada much in my life, i'm diverging away from this type of music being the center of my musical world. i'm a huge fan of foreign ethnic music, especially middle eastern, arabic, indian, south african rap, rai, and baile-funk (mostly from rio) like m.i.a.. anything with a funky, sexy beat is good in my book.

i'm a spanish major. I hope to rise above the typical American who doesn't know bat shit about English, let alone any other language. i think most people are ignorant, stupid, and lazy, and I highly value those who are not. That being said, I will admit that I have many problems myself. i'm a typically anti-democratic libertarian who believes that government is full of shit. despite the fact that i think most people are ignorant stupid and lazy, i accept them all as fellow humans and do my best to love everyone. i'm a very easy guy to get along with, but i choose my friends (and enemies) carefully.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Happy Cycler
how the internet works:

2 or more people organize and create a medium (forum, chat) for expressing their shared enjoyment of some THING

people join the discussion, irrespective of said THING, to express that they are in some way better than the other people there

repeat

Dayvan Cowboy
turquoise70 wrote:how the internet works:

2 or more people organize and create a medium (forum, chat) for expressing their shared enjoyment of some THING

people join the discussion, irrespective of said THING, to express that they are in some way better than the other people there

repeat

Yeah, this forum probably has more stuck-up people than any other.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Telepath
saturdayindex wrote:

repeat

*aghum* what about watmm?

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:
saturdayindex wrote:

repeat

*aghum* what about watmm?

Yeah, you have a point. Actually I think most forums are full of stuck up people, because I think most people are stuck up anyway. :)

I used to be on Spymac though, back when it was real chill, and they were an amazingly cool bunch.

Boqurant
ArtOfTheGroove wrote:

You sound sarcastic, but I don't mind. ZX-Pilot was fun and just random. And regarding the job, it is not that "wow" as it sounds. It's all about love. That job is hard, school and training are very expensive and beginning salary is very low, not to mention missing holidays with family. I worked few years for a major airline doing really boring and tiresome work, but I'm back and happy to work for regional carrier again simply because it is less stress but more need to be concentrated, to do fast decision making, and handle workload management which is hard but fun.

ArtOfTheGroove wrote:If we can believe the new Magi persona then I would be interested to hear about these things.

We? Are you a spokesman? :)

ArtOfTheGroove wrote:- Do you actually pilot a plane like the one in the pic that you posted, is it a "ZX"?

No, in some years - maybe, I would love to fly widebodies. For now - only A319/320, which is wonderful as well. If you happen to fly with me I would let you in and show you the view from "my office". :)

ArtOfTheGroove wrote:- Do you practice at the firing range for recreation or as part of your work due to some sort of danger?

Been there with a friend, just a pose.

ArtOfTheGroove wrote:- Are you actually as unhappy as you posted about finding like-minded people in your life? Is this more to do with the traveling life of a pilot rather than social compatibility?

No I am very happy, I just commented my life atm is hard on relationships, considering that I spend almost half of my month in a hotel.

ArtOfTheGroove wrote:- Given your lifestyle, my biggest question is why on earth you would join an electronic music forum focusing on a (relatively) obscure Scottish duo who haven't had a major release in years? (I get the impression that you are more interested in FSOL rather than BOC, for example.)

My brother is into this music and infected me with it. I had no choice. I like both FSOL and BOC and pink floyd and orbital and 70's disco and many more. What am I doing here - I always visit obscure and unusual places around.

ArtOfTheGroove wrote:So, talk about yourself!

I did. Hope that you are satisfied with answers.

Dayvan Cowboy
^^ The truth comes out!

Can you get me a ride to Sweden? If you did, I would dedicate my upcoming album to you.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sweden is great, never wanted to leave that place :cry:

Posts Quantity
Magi wrote:You sound sarcastic, but I don't mind.

No sarcasm intended at all - maybe just a little caution as you are capable of being quite clever!
:wink:

Magi wrote:We? Are you a spokesman? :)

No, I just meant myself and everyone else reading this thread.

Magi wrote:I did. Hope that you are satisfied with answers.

Yes, very interesting as I suspected...

Happy Cycler
I'm Nick, I'm 16 and I live in Australia.
I lead a very boring life in which I surf the web, watch the Simpsons and go out with my friends occasionally.

Telepath
I never really introduced myself :shock:

and I'm not going to 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:I never really introduced myself :shock:

and I'm not going to 8)

nor me...

i often feel like i post for no apparent reason.

Eagle Minded
Greetings everyone... Time for me to extend an official hello. Twas about time I found this board, got a real kick out of reading some of your posts so far. You're all witty, geeky and funny (= sexy ;)).

My name is Pat, I live in Quebec. Snowbanks, bears, whatever the NFB says, wildlife conservation vs. lumberjacks & poachers, blue collar power, lotsa beer, Celine Dion and crazy Montreal nightlife (which I do not take part in anymore). Been a BOC fan for a while now but am relatively "new" as far as their entire discography goes... their music will keep me warm this winter ♥ (hours and hours of pure fun while hibernating). My fascination has become an unhealthy fixation :oops: yes, I know, I should get a grip. Maybe one day it'll fizzle out (probably when summer comes along, I'll spend less time indoors and do other worldly things... :shock: ). But for now, this is where I'm at.

Nice to meet you :)

I also speak a few languages, sing, make music, push pencils for a living, I try not to take myself too seriously, my greek background makes me too dramatic and fatalistic sometimes *sigh*... and frankly, I find it unusual for someone like me to be a BOC (but that too could be very sexy :idea:)

Sippin a Labatt Blue Dry right now, flippin channels and so damn sick of seein CNN pimpin the Obama thing so much, sshhiiiiiiiiiii

Any (other) members of the female gender around?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada