Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
hello world

Kevin 26

I don't really know what to say. Music was always into my life, since very young.
I make music since few years (ambiant mainly), i have created my own micro label where i publish all my solo project (various styles). I'm from Rennes (France). And Boards Of Canada and me is a long story. First it was weird for me. I listen to ambiant music since a very long time (first with Sigur Ros and all their side project, they made me wants to start making music), then i discovered a bunch of other bands like Godspeed You! Black Emperor. All these bands, i didn't liked them at the first time. But i didn't knew why, i was so curious about it. Youtube was harrassing me with their songs, so i gave it a chance, many times. But, it's always ONE song. A different time for each of these bands, but is always one song.

Sometimes, you find a band interesting, but you still didn't found why. For Sigur Ros it was Untitled 8, for Godspeed it was Mladic/Storm and for Boards Of Canada, it was, without any surprise, the video of "Everything You Do Is a Balloon".
Then, starts long weeks, very looong weeks playing these tracks again and again, trying now to understand, why i was so obsessed with these songs. And after listen to them again and again, it's not enough anymore, i needed more songs like these, and then start a real love for these bands. And with this love come a inspiration.

end.

Sherbet Head
Hello to friends and strangers alike. If you happen to see me around, my name is Ve. :]

I found this forum thanks to Fredd-E (shoutout to you friend, keep doing what you're doing). I'm interested in forum boards of all kinds and was all the more pleased when there was a Twoism-themed board out there. I have been listening to these two d00ds for about 2 1/2 years now, but discovered them when I was waaaaaaay younger, watching Salad Fingers on YouTube (I know, dumb, but the times are a-changing). I shelved them for a bit (at the time Friendly Stranger was the only song I appreciated), but came back to them with open arms after discovering that their noise belongs with so many manga and other stories. It was history and curiosity from there.
Another shout-out to David Firth for putting Beware the Friendly Stranger in Salad Fingers. David, thank you so much for the rabbit hole you led me down! You'll never begin to realize the journey you've led me on :)

I am an avid collector of Holiday Barbies (no not christmas barbies or the holiday princess barbie series, just the annual holiday releases). I don't collect any other barbies except for the holiday renditions, however lovely they are. If you see or have one, PM me and we'll talk. I don't want it, I just want to see it.

Guns are cool. I'm sorry if you do not think so. I'd like a M9 of my own some day. For sport, of course. :D

I am a woman. One single woman.

That's it. :shock:

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:Hello to friends and strangers alike. If you happen to see me around, my name is Ve. :]

I found this forum thanks to Fredd-E (shoutout to you friend, keep doing what you're doing). I'm interested in forum boards of all kinds and was all the more pleased when there was a Twoism-themed board out there. I have been listening to these two d00ds for about 2 1/2 years now, but discovered them when I was waaaaaaay younger, watching Salad Fingers on YouTube (I know, dumb, but the times are a-changing). I shelved them for a bit (at the time Friendly Stranger was the only song I appreciated), but came back to them with open arms after discovering that their noise belongs with so many manga and other stories. It was history and curiosity from there.
Another shout-out to David Firth for putting Beware the Friendly Stranger in Salad Fingers. David, thank you so much for the rabbit hole you led me down! You'll never begin to realize the journey you've led me on :)

I am an avid collector of Holiday Barbies (no not christmas barbies or the holiday princess barbie series, just the annual holiday releases). I don't collect any other barbies except for the holiday renditions, however lovely they are. If you see or have one, PM me and we'll talk. I don't want it, I just want to see it.

Guns are cool. I'm sorry if you do not think so. I'd like a M9 of my own some day. For sport, of course. :D

I am a woman. One single woman.

That's it. :shock:

Ah good to see an introduction post from you!
I've enjoyed the things you've wrote so, very knowledgeable on your interests. Stick with us, here's to you Ve! :wink:

New Seed
Hello to the best contributors !

I'm new here, but listen to the brothers since a long time.

I'm writing a book in French on the mysterious brothers. Lot of informations in English, but nothing in my mother tongue. A little handbook to carry out on holiday at the sea during suntbathe.

Hope to finish next year, and to find an editor.

All the benefits will be donated to an association for children in need in Liège (Belgium). I don't know wich, but i will find.

Have a good day around the World !

Vincent

PS: apologize for my poor English !
"Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie."

Pascal, Pensées

Sherbet Head
Corse1993 wrote:Hello to the best contributors !

I'm new here, but listen to the brothers since a long time.

I'm writing a book in French on the mysterious brothers. Lot of informations in English, but nothing in my mother tongue. A little handbook to carry out on holiday at the sea during suntbathe.

Hope to finish next year, and to find an editor.

All the benefits will be donated to an association for children in need in Liège (Belgium). I don't know wich, but i will find.

Have a good day around the World !

Vincent

PS: apologize for my poor English !

Welcome friend! Best of luck making the brothers more universal than they already are. :wink:

Friendly Stranger
I've enjoyed listening to Boards of Canada for a few years now although I don't know much about this genre. My name is Adam and I'm from the North West of England.
Being a participant in the Covid-19 vaccination initiative gave renewed meaning to my life.

New Seed
Hi everyone! If ya spot me around, my name's Petra, and I'm from the city of Cancún, in México.

I'm really new on the forums, as I've just discovered it's existance recently, but I've been listening to BoC for little over 2 years now.

Ever since I was a dumb child, I got heavily into music, but not a long time ago, I discovered this niche duo called Boards of Canada, and since my first listen of Music Has the Right to Children, I got completely into them and the whole IDM genre.

Apart from all the music listening I do, I also produce music.

I hope to meet people, share music recommendations and just have a good time here, cheers!

New Seed
Hello, I discover BOC around two years ago (I think). I like to program and build websites, draw, read, and obviously listen to music.

I'm not much of a forum person, but you may see me every now and then. :]

Friendly Stranger
Long lost user returning.
Hey everyone! I used the forums from time to time in back around 2009-2011 and then life took those turns where you kind of lose yourself. My BoC obsession has returned in recent years and I wanted to come back on here and chat with like minded people again(and maybe score some more original pressings :P).

My name is Doug, I'm from the Chicago area, and work at a record/movie store after leaving a big corporate job that consumed too much of myself.

It feels go to be back. I missed this place.
Last edited by Liquidlitebrite on Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wouldn't you like to be free?

Dayvan Cowboy
3 welcomes for three new ones, and 1 welcome BACK! ...To Doug of Liquidlitebrite fame. Ey up! :wink:

New Seed
I love your signature !!
VA

Dayvan Cowboy
ValenceElectron wrote:I love your signature !!

Whom, me?? :D That's very nice of you if true.

New Seed
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

yes, you!! :D I didn't even realize that you could have image signatures haha
VA

Dayvan Cowboy
ValenceElectron wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

yes, you!! :D I didn't even realize that you could have image signatures haha

Yup, It can only be 100 pixels or below though and you have to embed it so a tad tricky, well ty for the compliment pal!

New Seed
I’m Nick - 52, UK - long time fan but seem to be about the only artist I listen to a lot. It’s nice to be here.

New Seed
Hi, I am Alex. I am an electronic musician from Canada (Ottawa to be exact). I do a lot of experimental music, using only hardware. I have been in to BOC for close to 25 years, and I would like to think that some of their atmosphere bleeds over into my releases. Its lovely being here, and I am looking forward to getting stuck in with you all, in regards to music, and music making on here. Cheers everyone!

New Seed
Hello, I became a Boards of Canada fan last month and have been hooked since. My favorite album is either Music Has The Right or Geogaddi and my favorite EP is In A Beautiful Place.

Friendly Stranger
Signing off.......Maybe at some point in their early careers, BOC were also stonewalled. It's possibly why they now ignore their fans. I knocked the door, and you pretended you weren't in. Thank you. This fuels me more than you could ever know.

New Seed
Hi peeps, I have been reading in this forum for quite a while but not yet introduced myself.
I am neither m or f, am enby (they/them), my user name might be a clue, and am here bc I love BoC.

I'm not a big writer and am busy with life = work. I have been listening to BoC since I was introduced to them by a friend in 2003. I cannot grok how life was possible before. I'm obsessed with their sound and I believe that they tap into something that is bordering spiritual realms. I am not a religious person at all, but aware that we whirl around in an incredible 'verse.

I have been into synths since the 80's, and play / explore tunes and bleeps for my own pleasure.
This also just deepens my apprecciation for BoC's music, listening to their tracks 1000 times over and still discovering new things within them!

Thank you for this place and the curious and intriguing finds of mystery tunes until we hopefully get some new material very soon...

New Seed
I'm Merkshine (not my real name). Calling me a fan of BoC is a ridiculous understatement. I eat, drink, breathe BoC. It's my full-time job.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada