'All Tomorrow's Parties' Film - BOC tune 'Echus'

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Moebius wrote:
iec wrote:if it is a soundboard recording... maybe recordings of these live tracks that we've got in decent-but-not-great quality might be appearing on the fabled box set?

if not, nix that :)

there's reason to believe it, there were reports that the second ATP track was played at one of the Warp club nights:

If anyone is interested, the first DJ on at Nesh last week played the real
version of the second ATP track by Boards.

You could spot the people who went, coz they recognised it right away.

wow, i thought this was new news, but that post dates back to: Apr 20, 2001.. hehe, you had me there moebius! :)

Sherbet Head
also interested if atp track 1 was soundboard. maybe atp movie sndtrk album.

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:
Moebius wrote:
iec wrote:if it is a soundboard recording... maybe recordings of these live tracks that we've got in decent-but-not-great quality might be appearing on the fabled box set?

if not, nix that :)

there's reason to believe it, there were reports that the second ATP track was played at one of the Warp club nights:

If anyone is interested, the first DJ on at Nesh last week played the real
version of the second ATP track by Boards.

You could spot the people who went, coz they recognised it right away.

wow, i thought this was new news, but that post dates back to: Apr 20, 2001.. hehe, you had me there moebius! :)

Lots of fun stuff in the IDM mailing list archives, if you dig for it.

Posts Quantity
Moebius wrote:A bit disappointing, but it's good to have a name for at least one of the unreleased tracks. Maybe someone could fill us in on the rest, certainly there's no harm in us knowing the proper titles...

EDIT: To be absolutely clear, you're saying Echus is the first track on [wiki]Live @ ATP[/wiki] (6:23)? Was it a soundboard recording or was there crowd noise on it?

Of what I remember, there were no crowd noises that I could hear(there may have been audio from the scenes being shown whilst the tune was playing over it). But there are a few moments in the audience recording of the ATP gig were there are very little(if none at all) crowd noises. But I'm assuming they used a sound board recording for the sequence in the film. It was only on for about 20 to 30 seconds. Sorry I can't be more specific on this.

EDIT: And yes, to answer your query, the track that was played in the film is the first track on Live At ATP, and the only BOC tune I could see in the credits was 'Echus'.

Boqurant
I saw the DVD a few days ago. I too am wondering if a soundboard version of Echus was used (no crowd noises from the familiar bootlegged recording). About 90 seconds is used in the soundtrack.

Sherbet Head
So did anyone snag the DVD for this? Is there a multichannel mix? Might be possible to rip a clean copy of Echus if so.

Sherbet Head
Also noticed this note from the film website:

the DVD is also a key that can be used to unlock exclusive bonus content online, including Vincent Moon’s footage from ATP New York, interviews, more full length performances and lots more in the near future.

Now it's a long shot that they'd put the BoC performance up there but worth checking :)

Dayvan Cowboy
So simple, yet an extremely powerful piece of music. I try and limit myself to how many times i listen to this song, as i want to keep it special! Really do hope it gets a proper release one day, although i'm not holding my breath.

Eagle Minded
Ran across a full rip of the film on YouTube... The Echus clip is at about 1:14:00. Adding it to this ancient thread for posterity.

phpBB [media]
preparation for a dive.

Boqurant
Spoiler: show

"Published by EMI Music Publishing".

Where? OMG Boc/Warp make this public please.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada