Old Casettes

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
dave_from_2001 wrote:who is responsible? and how should they be punished?

it was some guy called 'prince murat'
i think he is dead now.

Sherbet Head
Moebius wrote:I imagine they just originally had the one cassette called "A Few Old Tunes", and retroactively renamed it later on when they decided to make a second cassette, but never bothered to change the art.

I'm with you! Good thinking! 8)

Sherbet Head
audiotrack wrote:

i think he is dead now.

as i remember the watmm user named "prince murat" was only trying to sell stolen copies of the tapes on ebay for a very high amount. the tapes were leaked a good year or so before that incident, how was it confirmed that "prince murat" was responsible for the leakage?

Sherbet Head
novayshun wrote:
audiotrack wrote:

i think he is dead now.

as i remember the watmm user named "prince murat" was only trying to sell stolen copies of the tapes on ebay for a very high amount. the tapes were leaked a good year or so before that incident, how was it confirmed that "prince murat" was responsible for the leakage?

supposedly there were small differences in each copy that enabled them to tell exactly which one was leaked.

also, he only had AFOT and OTV2, he never claimed to have the 35 track unlabeled tape.

Posts Quantity
rdy2bz wrote:
dealer wrote:so after doing so I checked out the 'As Yet Untitled' track and was amazed to hear an unfinished version of Kid For Today, which is one of my very very favorite tracks.

I always thought that the whole IABPAITC was done in the Geogaddi-era, but as it turns out, this one song is indeed years older.

Sounds like Kid For Today was in development for a long time. Part of its melody is the whistling noise in Orange Romeda.

Sherbet Head
Chuck Beckles wrote:
rdy2bz wrote:
dealer wrote:so after doing so I checked out the 'As Yet Untitled' track and was amazed to hear an unfinished version of Kid For Today, which is one of my very very favorite tracks.

I always thought that the whole IABPAITC was done in the Geogaddi-era, but as it turns out, this one song is indeed years older.

Sounds like Kid For Today was in development for a long time. Part of its melody is the whistling noise in Orange Romeda.

Kid for Today was a 30-about second clip on the old website whence appeared the mysterious Duffy, Circle and Wouldn't You Like to be a Ham Sandwich snippets. This was in 1998 as I recall, and it was eventually released.

Prince Murat sounds like Fence My Hat kind of. Is the T silent?

Sherbet Head
Earthbound wrote:
Moebius wrote:I imagine they just originally had the one cassette called "A Few Old Tunes", and retroactively renamed it later on when they decided to make a second cassette, but never bothered to change the art.

Nice to see you read my last post. :?

The best evidence we have is the cat numbers

AFOT = 1
OTV2 = 3

OTV1 = ???

Happy Cycler
Any way we can hear this unfinished version of Kid For Today? Or can you upload the tape you have? Or are you going to be a dork and not share?

Happy Cycler
Hold up. Dealer? Don't you think they might check this forum out for shit and giggles ( I mean it's on warps site) and see that you have this tape and that you received it from the little girl in the Geogaddi art? Do you think then they would get pissed off at the fact they gave it to her and then she just gave it to you? I mean it has unreleased non finished songs.

I wanna hear that kid for today track. Hearing is believing!

Also, I think it would be nice to have some high res shots of the case, tape and cover art!!!!

Dayvan Cowboy
polar sky wrote:I wanna hear that kid for today track. Hearing is believing!

Also, I think it would be nice to have some high res shots of the case, tape and cover art!!!!

i think that probably speaks for a lot of us.

Eagle Minded
BunnyRabbit wrote:
Earthbound wrote:

AFOT = 1
OTV2 = 3

OTV1 = ???

I dont think Moebius meant what you are saying. I think he meant that AFOT came to be known as OTV1 after OTV2 was created.

Posts Quantity
polar sky wrote:Any way we can hear this unfinished version of Kid For Today? Or can you upload the tape you have? Or are you going to be a dork and not share?

Yeah, I hate to be the greedy internet type, but what's the point if we don't get to hear anything?
Let's Face It Pal, You Didn't Need That Eye Surgery.

Sherbet Head
Moebius wrote:
novayshun wrote:
audiotrack wrote:

i think he is dead now.

supposedly there were small differences in each copy that enabled them to tell exactly which one was leaked.

also, he only had AFOT and OTV2, he never claimed to have the 35 track unlabeled tape.

Even though that copy can be traced because of the "differences" the copy that Prince Murat had in his possession was not given to him. The tapes he tried to sell had passed through two other people to get to him. The tapes were originally given to Brian Flanagan (who was then skam's designer as Studio Moo, also 1/2 of Datathief) who then loaned it to his then girlfriend (ex-WATMM moderator) Octave Kitten and then was subsequently stolen by Prince Murat (her then current BF).

Even if that version of the tape can be traced as the leak, there are at least three possible suspects.

Sherbet Head
audiotrack wrote:
BunnyRabbit wrote:
Earthbound wrote:

AFOT = 1
OTV2 = 3

OTV1 = ???

I dont think Moebius meant what you are saying. I think he meant that AFOT came to be known as OTV1 after OTV2 was created.

Thank you 8)

Sherbet Head
But why is the labeling on the cover 'A Few Old Tunes' and the casette 'Old Tunes Vol. 1'

Maybe we are jumping to conclusions.

Posts Quantity
yes, but who is the girl?

Dayvan Cowboy
isnt it possible that there is just "a few old tunes (AKA old tunes vol 1)" and "old tunes vol 2"

i think what is known as "old tunes vol 1" is actually something else.

i guess it doesnt really matter. but i always thought that a few old tunes, and old tunes vol 2 seemed to be siblings. while what we know as "old tunes vol. 1" has a different feel to it.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Dayvan Cowboy
am I the only one here who doesn't care?? don't get me wrong I like the music on a few old tunes, but damn...

Sherbet Head
sevenELIXIR wrote:am I the only one here who doesn't care?? don't get me wrong I like the music on a few old tunes, but damn...

Happy Cycler
sevenELIXIR wrote:am I the only one here who doesn't care?? don't get me wrong I like the music on a few old tunes, but damn...

nope don't worry
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada