Red Moon Party?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Maybe they was at the wrong place and BOC showed up at redpoint.

Boqurant
I assume we've all seen this from WATMM:
PLEASE READ!

I’ve been a lurker on here for the past couple of months but I’ve signed up because I’m sure some of you will want to here what I found so here goes.
Okay, where do I start this story???
Well, like a lot of you nutters I had been following the red moon, cryptic code madness for several weeks and reading the various posts that popped up on the WATMM and TWOISM forums.
Right from the start I was a sceptical as hell about the theories that people where coming up with – there going to play live, give away free stuff, sacrifice some poor soul etc….Crazy. But then again what if? What if?
Now, I live in Achnasheen which is about 30 miles from Redpoint and as soon as Redpoint started to be mentioned in posts my ears pricked up.
I thought just forget about, it’s rubbish and I forgot about the whole thing for a while. Right, now, skip forward to the 10th June and I’m watching both forums to see if anything has happened and up pops Family_Photo_Album with a post which says-

In A Moment Of Clarity, As The Tides Turned, All Questions Where Answered Pointedly.

Answered Pointedly. Answe…..red Point….edly. Redpoint again.

Interesting but I wasn’t convinced.

Anyway I woke up at 5AM today and my curiosity got the better of me. I went down to Redpoint! See if anything happened.
So I take the car down the A832, only stopping late in the journey to ask a woman who owns a nearby B+B if anything happened down on the beach last night. “not that I know of” she says. I was disappointed but not surprised.
So anyway I was tired and pissed off at having made the journey so I parked the car and headed out onto the beach for a speculative stroll. I headed right across for about 400 metres or so, past the stones and then things got interesting!

In the sand at the top of the beach, near the grass was…….. a sand castle!!! Yeah so what you say. Well, next to that sand castle was a pile of burnt wood and grey ash about 2 metres across!! I walked up to it and examined. Near the wood, sticking out of the sand are two badly burnt cassettes one completely black the other half melted and misshapen!!! Now as you can imagine I’m starting to freak out!! Obviously I took them with me. I looked around for a good 10 minutes or so but there was nothing else, not even rubbish. Whoever was there was super tidy.

I headed further up the beach before driving home, buzzing at this stage having found the cassettes. So I get back home and put the burnt cassette into an old walkman, almost bursting with the excitement at what could be on it….. Nothing. Just hiss and white noise on both sides. The other cassette is unplayable. Dam and bollocks. I really thought I had something special. Why couldnt it of been early, unreleased tracks?
I phoned a friend once I had calmed down and we’re going to head back out there again soon. He doesn’t believe me about the sandcastle, git.

Anyway sorry about the length of this post.
It has to be BOC doesn’t it??

Once I get hold of my friends digital camera I’ll post picks of the burnt cassettes if your interested. We’re going to head back to the beach (again) and take some picks aswell. Cheers guys.

I think it was quoted in another topic on here, so sorry if it was...

New Seed
Those who made it made it well...

Happy Cycler
Well and Water wrote:Those who made it made it well...

And yet another cryptic dick.

Hey, but can i just say, even if Lincolnshire didn't see BoC or anything, that that pic he posted is rad anyway?

I mean, I don't personally, in real life, know anyone who likes BoC even a 1/4 as much as I do. I would love, BoC or not, to go to an event like that.

It would make my year. :D

Boqurant
As someone at WATMM pointed out, someone posted this on Shithouse Gravysmokers' myspace:

Posts Quantity
I really would of thought I would of knew what the code and this whole big thing is about by now, but no :/

Posts Quantity
uh, wait some devlopment with that tape that guy found...

Yay! Got the tape going! Blank on side B but on side A after 20 seconds or so there's the sound of FIREWORKS going off! There's also this one phrase that a child keeps saying now and again. Can't make it out. Quite odd really, not really a song but interesting. Now, how the hell do I get this onto the computer?

Happy Cycler
1969 wrote:uh, wait some devlopment with that tape that guy found...

Yay! Got the tape going! Blank on side B but on side A after 20 seconds or so there's the sound of FIREWORKS going off! There's also this one phrase that a child keeps saying now and again. Can't make it out. Quite odd really, not really a song but interesting. Now, how the hell do I get this onto the computer?

Crazy. I hope this is real. I want proof. Pics too.

Eagle Minded
--
Last edited by kem1kal on Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
damn it guys look! :D

Sherbet Head
Hmmm. Interesting. I'm a bit suspicious though. Was the mp3 posted by the same guy who says he found the tape?

Nice track though.

Posts Quantity
beautiful song :D

how do i save this to my comp?

Friendly Stranger
please! People, use your common sense.

One guy *accidently* finds two tapes on a beach, they were supposed to be burnt but there is still music on them. If you burn a tape it will immediately melt together so bad that you won`t be able to hear anything).

Oh, and more mysterical: one complete song survives on this *burnt* tape. And surprise: with a children voice on it (proof! there we have the BOC connection).

I understand that people are waiting for *something* special, I also sat in front of my PC yesterday for hours ready to record a live stream in case that any would be there.

But this story stinks! I have to say that it has a certain charme but this shabby little song has *fake!!!!* pissed all over it :wink: :wink:

Sherbet Head
arnold113 wrote:please! People, use your common sense.

But this story stinks! I have to say that it has a certain charme but this shabby little song has *fake!!!!* pissed all over it :wink: :wink:

Yeah i know. That's why i'm suspicious. It's all a bit too perfect. The romantic in me wants to believe it but until i see some evidence this guy has even been to redpoint beach my inner sceptic will keep telling me to wise up.

Friendly Stranger
15 minutes of fame :wink:
Last edited by arnold113 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Happy Cycler
1969 wrote:beautiful song :D

If you're using a PC:

Right-click on the link and select 'save as'.

If you're using a Mac:

I have no idea. I assume it's the same.

Posts Quantity
thanks man, im using firefox, i tried it in IE and its all good, thanks 8)

Posts Quantity
Sorry for all these double posts guy ill try cut it...

Family_Photo_Album has posted another topic...

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=9491

Dayvan Cowboy
1969 wrote:beautiful song :D

Yes how?

New Seed
I'm really confused, as I bet alot of other people are too.

Licolnshire Poacher, did you see Boc? did anyone see BoC?

man i hate all the unnecessary obscurism and secrecy up in this place. PEOPLE ON HERE WANT ANSWERS AND A LOT THEM ARE ENTITLED TO THEM AFTER LAST NIGHT.

some of you seem to have forgotten that the aim of a forum is to share information and discuss, not just shit out a load of equivocation or deliberately pass off conjecture as if it were fact.

you'll not see me round here much if at all after this post. accordingly, please feel free to slag me off as much as you like if this is considered contrary to the ethos of this site. prior to last week i'd never even been on here (i love boc, but i don't really have the time or inclination to get into it all that deep- something about that level of devotion leaves a bit of a bad taste to be honest- i've got all their records so i'm happy, you know?).

like a lot of others i suspect though, news of the redmoon party got me interested and motivated enough to organise, make the effort and go up there. so i'm going to tell you what i know, and fuck anyone who thinks i'm spoiling some sort of secret/in-joke/mystery.

myself and a few friends got in a car and went up to where we figured the party would be (knowing full well there was a chance it would not be happening/we would not find it).

along the way we ran into some other folks (some of whom post on here), all of whom were investing considerable time/money/effort in trying to track down the party according to grid references (borne of the now infamous code) and other information that we shared between us all. NONE OF US MANAGED TO FIND ANYTHING inspite of scouring the area in the radius of the points which were suggested by the codebreak.

the folks who showed the initiative, committment and passion to get involved in this wild goose chase ended up at the location photographed by lincolnshire poacher. its in the grounds of an observatory in the pentland hills just outside the small settlements of lamancha/penicuik/leadburn just off the A701. its a beautiful spot if you're ever in the area, as indeed is most of the surrounding countryside.

the photo that the user named lincolnshire poacher posted up on this thread about two or three pages back is essentially what happened for everyone who i met who was in that area looking for the boc party that night: a bunch of 20 or so lovely people who were dissapointed but ultimately made the best of things and sat around a campfire of their own making cooking food, smoking spliffs, listening to music and drinking beers in the beautiful pentland hills underneath a red moon (and please don't start trying to read anything into that last detail. the moon looked red is all).

no we didn't get to witness anything beyond that, and the fact that nobody has yet posted up anything to say that the party went on there or anywhere else leads me to believe that it didn't happen at all in this or any other location.

not sure if this has any bearing or not, but i happen to know FOR A FACT that some very senior staff from warp elected not to make the journey up for the event and when pressed for details were actually none the wiser as to the location than any of the people dedicated enough to be there last night.

hope this helps dispel some of the bullshit that's being chucked around in significant quantities. for all those who are itching to know what you missed, just console yourselves with the fact that as things stand it appears that you didn't miss out on anything.

peace to all those we met who were romantic/naive/optimistic/silly enough to make the trip out anyway, but until i'm provided with evidence to the contrary my verdict is IT JUST DIDN'T HAPPEN.[/quote]
Last edited by twofingersism on Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada