Red Moon Party?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
I think that BoC did it just to get everyone at the forum together.
hello.

Boqurant
six-five-two wrote:I think that BoC did it just to get everyone at the forum together.

I think it's more likely they don't really care that much about us. As would be natural.

Eagle Minded
Lucky guys, I hope you all had fun!

Happy Cycler
silentmorning42 wrote:An annual Twoism/Red Moon Party? Sounds hot. Count me in! Make sure to bring a plethora of instruments and potent psychedelics...

You read my mind!

Posts Quantity
Perfect! Just at the beginning of the holiday rates! How about December 9th... ;-)
Welcome home faithful one. We forgive you.

Happy Cycler
Might be a smidge on the cold side... hehe.

Sherbet Head
silentmorning42 wrote:There are few words that describe this whole ordeal better thant the follwing: utterly bizzare.

I would agree with the assertions that--be it a joke or not--no harm has come from it. Those that traveled did so of their own accord, and no one seems to have any regrets in doing so. Had I done as I was considering, and flown half way around the world on this notion, I honestly would not have been really bummed in not finding BoC. I mean, shit, it's an adventure! And that's the thing about adventures; you just never know what you will find, particularly when you don't know what you are looking for.

It is honestly kind of surprising that more folks did not go; if I lived anywhere on the European continent I would have been there in a heartbeat.

We will probably get more pieces to the puzzle as time goes on, though there are a lot of people that would probably rather it all just fade away into the annals of BoC mythology. However, I don't think anyone--even the worst of cynics--believes that whatever the impetus for this whole fiasco, that it was done hapazardly. BoC does everything for a purpose, what it is and when we find out is anyone's guess.

Though, maybe that is the purpose. The dreamers can dream, the cynics can be cynics. Was this a cryptic message announcing the coming of very special things to come for the few of us here that are lucky enough to be tuned in? Or is it a cruel joke to expose the dark side of the internet, played at the expense of the ubiquitous internet fanboyists it inherently creates. Where you stand is your decision.

For me, I see a world of cynics, where almost nothing is sacred. We attack like vultures at the first chance to debunk, disparage and generally lampoon even the smallest shred of mystery or idea that is not based in our perfect little world of logical, rational thought and behavior. In a time when we wish to explain away the miracle of the human mind and spirit as a simple mix of electro-chemical impulses, and where even the most noble and beloved amongst us--celebrities--can, at the slightest mistep, fall from grace and be crucified on the cross of public opinion, televised for all the world to see.

At the same time, the dreamers are growing in number. While it may seem that they are all disconnected and fragmented, wandering like bug-eyed tourists on the Veags strip through all degrees of religious renaissance and nuvo-spirituality, from Buddhism and Kabbalahism to Scientology and the DaVinci Code, eager to be embraced by the warm arms of belief.

While BoC may not equate to any kind of eternal salvation or planetary escape, they are of the last remaining enigmas--perhaps the only living ones. What they do offer is a chance of temporary escape to a world that is not dominated by the imminent dangers posed by widespread social unrest, potential nuclear war, economic collapse and environmental degradation. The chance that maybe, just maybe, there is truly still some genuine magic--not two bit parlor tricks or smoke and mirrors--left in the world.

I agree, its so true everything you wrote.

Eagle Minded
ha ha. Just wanted to have the pleasure of taking the posts from this thread OFF 666. :D
rED ORAnge YELLow grEEn blUe inDIGo violEt
ricHArd OF yorK GAvE baTTle in vAIn
ROYGBIV
Released! Oh Yes! Gonna Buy It Vinyl!
B&Q

Posts Quantity
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48021629@N ... 163363007/

More to be added shortly. Sorry for the delay, but I am traveling through Europe and am using wifi hotspots to drop in some info for the forum. Other attendees will explain more that happened. Also, i will add more pics to this Flickr site soon.

It wasn't what we expected, but it was better than what we expected.
"Redmoon Collective"

Eagle Minded
Hi LP - cool pics (nice one B (oops T). We look soooo RnR :lol: :lol: :wink: Hope you caught some ZZZZZ'd on your travels.
Last edited by celadon on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rED ORAnge YELLow grEEn blUe inDIGo violEt
ricHArd OF yorK GAvE baTTle in vAIn
ROYGBIV
Released! Oh Yes! Gonna Buy It Vinyl!
B&Q

Sherbet Head
Licolnshire Poacher wrote:It wasn't what we expected, but it was better than what we expected.

I can only infer from that comment that you weren't expecting to find BOC's event. Because to my mind that would have been the best thing you could have expected.

Dayvan Cowboy
Linconshire; those pics are fucking awesome man! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy just looking at them. :P I wish I could've been there now...but I'm soooo down for a gathering next year.

Sherbet Head
LOL Alzado wrote:this might not be fake. consider this:

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=9513

Exactly, the co-ordinates posted match precisly the code in reverse

6814732O14800065 4084932044800065 4474832018021065

56 01.20810'N, 2 38.4744'W
56 00.08440'N, 2 39.4804'W
56 00.08410'N, 2 37.4186'W

So they are far more likely to be correct than the ones Linc' et al were looking at.

I feel pretty silly looking at them now as it's so simple. :oops:

Also, I don't see why Xerox's story is so fake and laughable. He got the co-ords right and the details are believeable. Why couldn't he meet Mike? I would have said this is highly likely given the nature of the event.

It's a shame BOC didn't appear to play live themselves but it would be nice to find out who the guys who did play were.

Xerox, did you talk about anything other than old films?

Posts Quantity
BunnyRabbit wrote:
Licolnshire Poacher wrote:It wasn't what we expected, but it was better than what we expected.

I can only infer from that comment that you weren't expecting to find BOC's event. Because to my mind that would have been the best thing you could have expected.

You can, of course, infer whatever you like...

However, what is assumed to be "the best thing posssible" isn't always so. Sometimes, the unpredictable and spontaneous yields a more enjoyable and rewarding outcome. The thing is... it wasn't "what you thought you wanted," and yet, it was something better.

In other words, just because you wanted to see BOC, and didn't doesn't mean that the event sucked. It meant that the event was something you weren't expecting. And that something was even more rewarding
than 'getting what you thought you want!"

Sorry, maybe you had to be there to really understand.
"Redmoon Collective"

Happy Cycler
six-five-two wrote:I knew that there wasnt going to be anything on June 10th...

I mean, they would have clearly told us instead of giving us some stupid code.

Thats why they took it down. They might have found out that people were getting a little too into this whole thing. Sounds cool to hang out in Scotland with people though. I dont know.

Posts Quantity
six-five-two wrote:
tvsr wrote:why have so many new users come in the last two days telling us how we should think... ?

Even worst, they are from WATMM. I hate most people on WATMM...

I am new to both frums ( due to all this about a possible secret event ) I can see the difference between WATMM and here, WATMM seems to be full of the typical internet lame/troll kids, not what I'd expect on a BoC forum.

But here seems to be uch more mature, I'll be staying away from WATMM personally. So, twoism and WATTM rival each other?

New Seed
what we did have was an amazing time - if that's what BoC wanted, to bring together fans on a hill to get to know eachother slightly and to have a trip we wont forget, then they did it...if that's not what they meant then that's what we all got from it. I feel priviledged to have been there...

Sherbet Head
Licolnshire Poacher wrote:
BunnyRabbit wrote:

You can, of course, infer whatever you like...

However, what is assumed to be "the best thing posssible" isn't always so. Sometimes, the unpredictable and spontaneous yields a more enjoyable and rewarding outcome. The thing is... it wasn't "what you thought you wanted," and yet, it was something better.

In other words, just because you wanted to see BOC, and didn't doesn't mean that the event sucked. It meant that the event was something you weren't expecting. And that something was even more rewarding
than 'getting what you thought you want!"

Sorry, maybe you had to be there to really understand.

Sure, but as you didn't find the BOC event you can't say for sure which would have been the greater experience. And given the choice I'm guessing you'd have gone to the BOC event.
You're obviously not upset about not getting to the/a real event and that's admirable and shows character - I'm not sure I'd be philosophical - but I just find this comment about expectation being surpassed odd when you'd expected to see BOC and didn't. Whatever. You know what you mean.

Posts Quantity
BunnyRabbit wrote:
LOL Alzado wrote:this might not be fake. consider this:

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=9513

Exactly, the co-ordinates posted match precisly the code in reverse

6814732O14800065 4084932044800065 4474832018021065

56 01.20810'N, 2 38.4744'W
56 00.08440'N, 2 39.4804'W
56 00.08410'N, 2 37.4186'W

So they are far more likely to be correct than the ones Linc' et al were looking at.

I feel pretty silly looking at them now as it's so simple. :oops:

Also, I don't see why Xerox's story is so fake and laughable. He got the co-ords right and the details are believeable. Why couldn't he meet Mike? I would have said this is highly likely given the nature of the event.

It's a shame BOC didn't appear to play live themselves but it would be nice to find out who the guys who did play were.

Xerox, did you talk about anything other than old films?

Hind sight is always 20/20. Too bad Xerox and you didn't figure it out earlier and share it on the wiki site or here. Basically, our logic was the same, we were quite close, if this was infact true. I find the story a bit hard to beleive, but it is possible still. Let's see what is revealed more in the future. Otherwise, we were close, but no cigar. At least we had fun working on it and got together anyways. You should have stopped by...
Last edited by Licolnshire Poacher on Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Redmoon Collective"

Sherbet Head
THIS is CLASSIC!!!! and very sad at the same time!!! you guys missed the real red moon event by inches!!!! :(

DAM! it seems like there was actually a Red moon party at those cordinates...its in the woods as Xerox says!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada