Red Moon Party?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
If I was going to make up a story, I would've jazzed it up a bit. Shit, as long as you're lying, why not make it interesting as opposed to 'believeable.'

Here's mine: "Boy, you should've seen it! Everyone was there: me, Derail, Aesthetics, Nlogax, thedisavowed, boardsofdublin, Ross Adey, Goiter Sanchez, D4VERD4NN and ExitEuxa! Whoosh! There was prolly more but I was so fucked up, you know how that goes, I could barely see straight. Meeting these guys in person was awesome enough, but when we got to meet BOC I literally shat myself. And you know what, Mike and Marcus were so cool they didn't even care!" :roll: :roll: :twisted: :lol: :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
zander two wrote:If I was going to make up a story, I would've jazzed it up a bit. Shit, as long as you're lying, why not make it interesting as opposed to 'believeable.'

Here's mine: "Boy, you should've seen it! Everyone was there: me, Derail, Aesthetics, Nlogax, thedisavowed, boardsofdublin, Ross Adey, Goiter Sanchez, D4VERD4NN and ExitEuxa! Whoosh! There was prolly more but I was so fucked up, you know how that goes, I could barely see straight. Meeting these guys in person was awesome enough, but when we got to meet BOC I literally shat myself. And you know what, Mike and Marcus were so cool they didn't even care!" :roll: :roll: :twisted: :lol: :wink:

Haha, you left out the part where they gave us all copies of the back catalog. :lol:

Boqurant
Hmm...Well, I just don't know what to think about all of this.
:)

Sherbet Head
Derail wrote:
zander two wrote:If I was going to make up a story, I would've jazzed it up a bit. Shit, as long as you're lying, why not make it interesting as opposed to 'believeable.'

Haha, you left out the part where they gave us all copies of the back catalog. :lol:

Oh yeah! Duuude, I told you I was shitfaced, and then shitpantsed! :lol:

Posts Quantity
Haha, you left out the part where they gave us all copies of the back catalog.

yeah, but on 8 track.

Posts Quantity
there are a lot of people who are peaved at BOC because they feel like they were led on a bit. i would submit that the true reason they're angry is because they had their hopes up like the rest of us, even if they don't wish to admit it. with that in my mind, i propse that we all consider the following:

1. BOC never said there was going to be a party/gig/record release last night. we all saw the redmoon picture, saw the code and began making assumptions. sure, we were all hopeful. but only they know what that code meant. it may have had nothing to do with a party or gig at all.

AND

2. the only people who are truly angry are the ones who were combing the messageboards last night. the people who actually attempted to find this "gathering" seemed to have a great time regardless of the fact that they didn't find BOC
Last edited by LOL Alzado on Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
why have so many new users come in the last two days telling us how we should think... ?

Sherbet Head
tvsr wrote:why have so many new users come in the last two days telling us how we should think... ?

Even worst, they are from WATMM. I hate most people on WATMM...
hello.

Posts Quantity
Think what you want, all i know is i'm glad i didn't spend the money to go to scotland to look for a gig that didn't happen. Really though, concert or not, going through Scotland with my new-found friends and fellow BOC comrades sounds like one hell of a time, but right now i couldn't have afforded to spend the money.
you can say the sun is shining if you really want to
i can see the moon and it seems so clear

Sherbet Head
I knew that there wasnt going to be anything on June 10th...

I mean, they would have clearly told us instead of giving us some stupid code.
hello.

Happy Cycler

Hell yes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Friendly Stranger
There are few words that describe this whole ordeal better thant the follwing: utterly bizzare.

I would agree with the assertions that--be it a joke or not--no harm has come from it. Those that traveled did so of their own accord, and no one seems to have any regrets in doing so. Had I done as I was considering, and flown half way around the world on this notion, I honestly would not have been really bummed in not finding BoC. I mean, shit, it's an adventure! And that's the thing about adventures; you just never know what you will find, particularly when you don't know what you are looking for.

It is honestly kind of surprising that more folks did not go; if I lived anywhere on the European continent I would have been there in a heartbeat.

We will probably get more pieces to the puzzle as time goes on, though there are a lot of people that would probably rather it all just fade away into the annals of BoC mythology. However, I don't think anyone--even the worst of cynics--believes that whatever the impetus for this whole fiasco, that it was done hapazardly. BoC does everything for a purpose, what it is and when we find out is anyone's guess.

Though, maybe that is the purpose. The dreamers can dream, the cynics can be cynics. Was this a cryptic message announcing the coming of very special things to come for the few of us here that are lucky enough to be tuned in? Or is it a cruel joke to expose the dark side of the internet, played at the expense of the ubiquitous internet fanboyists it inherently creates. Where you stand is your decision.

For me, I see a world of cynics, where almost nothing is sacred. We attack like vultures at the first chance to debunk, disparage and generally lampoon even the smallest shred of mystery or idea that is not based in our perfect little world of logical, rational thought and behavior. In a time when we wish to explain away the miracle of the human mind and spirit as a simple mix of electro-chemical impulses, and where even the most noble and beloved amongst us--celebrities--can, at the slightest mistep, fall from grace and be crucified on the cross of public opinion, televised for all the world to see.

At the same time, the dreamers are growing in number. While it may seem that they are all disconnected and fragmented, wandering like bug-eyed tourists on the Veags strip through all degrees of religious renaissance and nuvo-spirituality, from Buddhism and Kabbalahism to Scientology and the DaVinci Code, eager to be embraced by the warm arms of belief.

While BoC may not equate to any kind of eternal salvation or planetary escape, they are of the last remaining enigmas--perhaps the only living ones. What they do offer is a chance of temporary escape to a world that is not dominated by the imminent dangers posed by widespread social unrest, potential nuclear war, economic collapse and environmental degradation. The chance that maybe, just maybe, there is truly still some genuine magic--not two bit parlor tricks or smoke and mirrors--left in the world.
Last edited by silentmorning42 on Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

Posts Quantity
Xerox wrote:as promised here's my report: the three of us came through from glasgow at 8-ish, stopped at edinburgh for food, and then on out the A1. (for anyone who was struggling with the code thing, there was a triangle on the map if you put the backwards coordinates into google earth, you got a centre point over a forest beside a place called Whitekirk). we'd already been told anyway this is where to go so we thought the party was happening here, but when we got there we were wandering around, no sign of anyone, getting a bit fed up for a few minutes. then we were sneaked up on by a skinny bloke and a girl with a walkie talkie who gave us directions to a beach you can park by. we parked up the road and wandered up a lane through soem trees - this is where it got cool - the talking trees! there was gibberish coming from the trees, they'd rigged up a few of them with a little speaker so as you passed it you could hear a voice blethering, like re-arranged words. it was simple but funny. by tthe time we got there it was closing on 10.30 but still pretty light (but no red moon unfortunately). then past the trees we could hear where we were going, two bonfires up in front of us in a sort of basin off the beach in between the trees. the first thing we saw was a pair of projection screens lit up from behind. i completely understand how this was done so hush-hush because there is no way there was permission for it. it was small. i was kind of expecting a few hundred people but it was way less, likely about 60 people if that. but nonetheless it was a cool party - mostly just sitting about getting stoned or talking. there was a regular dj playing jerky instrumental stuff when we arrived. there was a fucking brilliant guy with an affro who did an amazing set on just a guitar with backing. he was playing tapes of backwards music (and i swear one of the backwards songs was 'Baker Street' :/ but he was soloing over it, jazz-style, and keeping it all together with the backwards version. does anyone know who that is?) i could swear i saw the guitarist from franz ferdinand, and another little group -who looked like a band, were keeping mostly to themselves on the beach. so we just hung about and smoked and spoke to whoever was about. i think a lot of the crowd seemed to know each other but it was really friendly (apart from one small group of ned-alikes or at least dodgy looking, who, fuck knows what they were doing there but probably just looking for something they could steal - thats my only complaint of the night because otherwise it was all nice people) further out at the screen that was furthest away from the crowd there was string music, sort of mellow film music, and the screen had looped bits of film just repeating, like criss-cross diagonal patterns animated with pictures of random stuff inbetween for a second, i remember a negative of a can of coke reversed to say 'ekoc', a smiling blond with a red tooth like mick hucknall's, a dildo, some indian-looking buildings, woodlice, random numbers, random stuff like that. i got to speak to mike from boc, he was totally down-to-earth sort of bloke and we spent a while talking about trashy eighties sci-fi films like Robot Jox! they didn't play but i spotted them all night just sitting about speaking to people. there was no live band but for a half hour or so a guy did a synthy set on what appeared to be a teak drinks cabinet, it was more like one long song just really spaced-out drones and swoops, so we wandered up the beach a bit, had a drink, listened to the spacey sounds over the waves. it was a very lush moment because the moon was up and okay it wasnt red but it was very yellow. i'm forgetting half of what was going on but it was a very nice night, and we topped it off by putting geogaddi on in the drive home.

this might not be fake. consider this:

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=9513

Dayvan Cowboy
zander two: hilarious

Exit: hopeless..:lol:

LOL and Silentmorning: very well put.

what pissed me off the most is that, again, someone took advantage of the faith that people have in finding the BoC holy grail; first it was just fake tunes, now it's a wild goose chase...and again, not even a peep from BoC.

i'm glad those who met up enjoyed themselves; who knows, maybe we can turn it into a yearly boc fan gathering.

Sherbet Head
LOL Alzado wrote:
Xerox wrote:as promised ......: the three of us came through from glasgow at 8-ish, ...on but .....it off by putting ....in the drive home.

this might not be fake. consider this:

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=9513

That backwards tape jazz solo sounds insane, if that's true then these guys have some interesting ideas for music. And I like it.

Posts Quantity
aye, i should mention that Greenbank is a good guy who's been around a while. he's signed to Benbecula and probably wouldn't risk his reputation to perpetuate some tired hoax.

Boqurant
That was a great post silentmorning42. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Posts Quantity
boc are gonna lose half their fans, and all is well in the world once miore.

Happy Cycler
From now on, my friends, I propose that from this day forward, June 9th AND 10th shall forever be important days amongst the Twoism camp!

I think next year, we should ALL try our best to gather up at that observatory, whether anything BOC related happens or not, and make our own damned Red Moon Party! With planning nearly a year in advance, we can make it the best damn tradition there ever was or ever will be.

We should start doing it every year! Starting parties up there so kick ass that it would but any "BOC red moon party" to shame!

Friendly Stranger
An annual Twoism/Red Moon Party? Sounds hot. Count me in! Make sure to bring a plethora of instruments and potent psychedelics...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada