Red Moon Party?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Archrival wrote:THIS is CLASSIC!!!! and very sad at the same time!!! you guys missed the real red moon event by inches!!!! :(

DAM! it seems like there was actually a Red moon party at those cordinates...its in the woods as Xerox says!

Perhaps. And the coordinates are also within the "NT" square of the OS grid key. I'm wondering though, why if this was known earlier, it wasn't shared, since it was so inline with the logic we were working in. I believed before going to the event that we were 80% accurate, which was a good enough lead to make me jump out there. Unfortunately, the energies of the group swithced to organizing a group and transportation; travel logistics. If we had a litle more time, I beleive we would have had it 100% correct.

As stated earlier though, it doesn't really matter, especially now. People wondering whether or not we were upset shouldn't. What they should be wondering about is, why they didn't show up at the observatory to hang all hang out together.
"Redmoon Collective"

Posts Quantity
I'm ready to do a wikipedia article on all this. Anyone interested in contributing?

How about "The Red Moon Code Collective"? (RMCC) 8)
"Redmoon Collective"

Sherbet Head
Thats the spirit Licolnshire Poacher, no regrets, whats been dones been done, you cant turn back the hands of time...dont look back in anger, look forward and enjoy everything because afterall you had a great time with fellow BOC fans..those pics you took looks really nice too! Yall must have had a great time :D

Sherbet Head
Until Xerox posts some pics of a member of Boc or these screens or 60 people, one with an afro, im reserving judgement. Weve had too many stories and the only thing to come out true is me and my fellow mates having a wicked time at the observatory!!

New Seed
polar sky wrote:Sounds cool to hang out in Scotland with people though.

Haha, yeah hanging out with people in Scotland is cool. They got big lakes but they call them locks man.

Sherbet Head
Licolnshire Poacher wrote:

Hind sight is always 20/20. Too bad Xerox and you didn't figure it out earlier and share it on the wiki site or here. Basically, our logic was the same, we were quite close, if this was infact true. I find the story a bit hard to beleive, but it is possible still. Let's see what is revealed more in the future. Otherwise, we were close, but no cigar. At least we had fun working on it and got together anyways. You should have stopped by...

Too bad says it all, but I'd given up trying as I knew I wasn't going. My mates were running a micro-festival so I had to make a decision and this was before the extra code was added. I did forward the numbers on to a guy who works on CAD using maps etc but he obviously wasn't arsed enough to figure it. There was the co-incidence with the first code though. Just really bad luck, as it led you astray. I'm truely gutted on your behalf but you've got the right attitude. Actually if I'd been there I'd probabaly have annoyed you with my bad mood because of missing BOC :cry: :lol:

Let's hope we get some corroboration of Xerox's story otherwise we'll never hear the end of the "did it happen?" debate.

Happy Cycler
Lets hope he does posts some pics. From reading his post, it doesn't seem like he took any pics, cause that would have been the first thing I would have done, post pics that is. WHO MEETS BoC and doesn't take pictures! Come on. I think this story seems better than that "I found burnt tapes in a bond fire" story. Hahaha.

Sherbet Head
"Actually if I'd been there I'd probabaly have annoyed you with my bad mood because of missing BOC" yeah, me too, and I would be even more angry if I heard that they actually had a big Red moon event with live music and two huge bonfires, weed, two film projectors and Boards OF canada so close to us!!!! DAM that would have pissed me off!! loool :D

Happy Cycler
I think everyone here should start saving up for next years Redmoon party! We could all go together! It would be a huge event if we could all go! The more people that go, the easier it is to find it! More people looking all over, once one finds it, they can make the call for everyone to come. I don't know, maybe thats dumb, but if everyone starts saving now, there would be no excuse about not having money for next year. Let me know. Peace.

Sherbet Head
I was also thinking. Why would BoC throw one of their own Red Moon parties and have people from all over come together and not play themselves? Just sit around chatting and smoking? Just a thought. Seems daft to me.

Friendly Stranger
Not to piss on anyone's parade, but I was at Tyninghame beach bodyboarding near the possible 'real' site, and when we left there at 5pm, there was a thick fog rolling in, so watching the moon would have been impossible, unless it cleared by nightfall... :twisted:

Sherbet Head
I think that maybe it is on on October 6th, 2006... 100606..
hello.

Sherbet Head
dj_todos wrote:I was also thinking. Why would BoC throw one of their own Red Moon parties and have people from all over come together and not play themselves? Just sit around chatting and smoking? Just a thought. Seems daft to me.

They never claimed anything other than Red Moon, 100606, the cordinates, and some other shit we haven't decoded.

Not playing was always a probability given that Red Moon parties were supposed to be "50 people round a campfire with a ghettoblaster".

Happy Cycler
BunnyRabbit wrote:
dj_todos wrote:I was also thinking. Why would BoC throw one of their own Red Moon parties and have people from all over come together and not play themselves? Just sit around chatting and smoking? Just a thought. Seems daft to me.

They never claimed anything other than Red Moon, 100606, the cordinates, and some other shit we haven't decoded.

Not playing was always a probability given that Red Moon parties were supposed to be "50 people round a campfire with a ghettoblaster".

Agreed. They never said once in any interview or in the past that they have ever played at a Red Moon event. I think the code and all that was for the Red Moon only.

Dayvan Cowboy
polar sky wrote:
Agreed. They never said once in any interview or in the past that they have ever played at a Red Moon event. I think the code and all that was for the Red Moon only.

your prob right. was nothing but the red moon on that night.

New Seed
mechanismj wrote:From now on, my friends, I propose that from this day forward, June 9th AND 10th shall forever be important days amongst the Twoism camp!

I think next year, we should ALL try our best to gather up at that observatory, whether anything BOC related happens or not, and make our own damned Red Moon Party! With planning nearly a year in advance, we can make it the best damn tradition there ever was or ever will be.

We should start doing it every year! Starting parties up there so kick ass that it would but any "BOC red moon party" to shame!

btw at least watmm doesn't have stuff like this, i don't see why so many people are hating on watmm. why? i don't know.
Last edited by challenger on Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
Finaly able to post new pics on the Flickr stream. Check out the good time we all shared:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48021629@N ... 163363007/
"Redmoon Collective"

New Seed
1969 wrote:
six-five-two wrote:
tvsr wrote:why have so many new users come in the last two days telling us how we should think... ?

Even worst, they are from WATMM. I hate most people on WATMM...

I am new to both frums ( due to all this about a possible secret event ) I can see the difference between WATMM and here, WATMM seems to be full of the typical internet lame/troll kids, not what I'd expect on a BoC forum.

But here seems to be uch more mature, I'll be staying away from WATMM personally. So, twoism and WATTM rival each other?

hating people you'd never met in person is, on the other hand, very adultly and mature, you're definitely hitting that nail on the head, man.

watmm isn't a boc congregation, so there's no unifying theme in the posts and the forum, and it's more of a regular internet forum with a bit of concentration on electronic music. they're just different forums, that's all. we're less fanboyish, you're less trollish, amends can be made though.

Happy Cycler
i had such a good time at the IOW festival, i almost forgot about BoC playing. in a way im kind of glad i stayed away from the internet this weekend, ive come back on here to find more than i can handle. just a word to all those who went from here, i hope you guys had a wicked time, and respect for going up there.
"It's been a long time..."

Sherbet Head
I agree with the comments about them not particularly playing. Fair point, however, I hate to say again. Were no closer.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada