United States BoC fans

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
aquanet wrote:
Seeya_Later wrote:
Ender wrote:
Seeya_Later wrote:I'm from Mass as well. I live on the west end, in the berkshires. But on weekends I can sometimes be found in Danvers, Melrose, Boston etc. My dad lives in umm... I forget the name of the town, but it's near newburyport.

Oh cool :D I live in northeastern Mass (Stoneham/Reading/Wakefield/Woburn area) not too far from Boston. I went to school in western Mass though, in Springfield.

Cool! I used to live in Billerica.

Lol Massholes represent!
I grew up/have lived in Wakefield/ Salem/Slummerville haha and I'm now up in Billerica where I hate it.
It's such a weird town. Way too townie for me.
I miss the Northshore/Boston.

Billerica WAS weird. The only cool thing was living close to the burlington mall. They also don't have any Newbury Comics where I am now. HAHA I JUST picked up a copy of A Beautiful Place in the Country at the Burlington Newbury Comics a few weeks ago. I was only out there for the weekend.

Nova Scotia Robot
ArbitersGround wrote:My first post here.

I'm from Houston, Texas. It's rare to meet people who have heard of Boards Of Canada here. If they have actually heard of them or their music, they've usually heard no more than "Dayvan Cowboy." My brother and I are both those BoC kind of fans that have heard everything from "Dayvan Cowboy" to "The Story Of Xentrix." Haven't met anyone else that knows BoC beyond MHTRTC.

Welcome! Yeah, BoC fans are hard to come by around where I am too. I would say most people here can relate to that. But I do have this forum, which is fantastic. Finally people I can talk to about BoC!

Eagle Minded
boston represent! :)
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Dayvan Cowboy
physically? southern california. mentally? somewhere in oregon - perhaps portland :)
Valotonin wrote:Celebrate collapse because it will be beautiful x

Boqurant
StL MO

Friendly Stranger
Any other Seattle fans around?
Forests and Fish Forever

Sherbet Head
Seattle, here.

Dayvan Cowboy
Pretty convinced that I'm the only Floridian BoC fan.

Sherbet Head
as long as you're a devoted Branch Floridian.

I'm from the great frozen north aka wisconsin.
Lens Larque wrote:For a while I was wondering what happened to the Depression thread and I was not sure if that was good or bad news.

Dayvan Cowboy

I'm from Houston, Texas. It's rare to meet people who have heard of Boards Of Canada here. If they have actually heard of them or their music, they've usually heard no more than "Dayvan Cowboy." My brother and I are both those BoC kind of fans that have heard everything from "Dayvan Cowboy" to "The Story Of Xentrix." Haven't met anyone else that knows BoC beyond MHTRTC.

Oh man, how did I not even notice this?!

I frequent Houston about once a year or two. Family used to live there when I was younger, but we moved to Florida about 11 years ago. Sister moved back and teaches there, so we swing by every once in a while.

Hmm...!

Friendly Stranger
krs wrote:Seattle, here.

Nice!
Forests and Fish Forever

Posts Quantity
olympia here, lots of musicians that i play with here are into boc as well.

Sherbet Head
Waterbagel wrote:

Oh man, how did I not even notice this?!

I frequent Houston about once a year or two. Family used to live there when I was younger, but we moved to Florida about 11 years ago. Sister moved back and teaches there, so we swing by every once in a while.

Hmm...!

Houston here also!

New Seed
Long time lurker, but I am from Batavia, Illinois, just 40 minutes west from Chicago.

Boqurant
I live in Venice Beach, CA--originally from Toledo, OH. A few months ago I'd just gotten home from a night of drinking, and was about to ice the mental cake with some luscious Cali greenery, when I heard someone cruising down the Speedway (the last little alley before the Pacific) BLARING "Alpha & Omega." I rushed outside to scream my impassioned approval, but there's no way in hell they heard me... BoC was literally reverberating for miles! It was way cool.
Cerebro See Through Red Eye

www.soundcloud.com/miiiimuzik

Boqurant
ibosak wrote:Long time lurker, but I am from Batavia, Illinois, just 40 minutes west from Chicago.

Welcome ibosak!... From one Midwestern newbie to another! You've decided to take the plunge at a critical juncture--only months from now we'll have a bunch of new BoC tunes to enjoy and discuss!
Cerebro See Through Red Eye

www.soundcloud.com/miiiimuzik

Friendly Stranger
los angeles
funfunfun

Eagle Minded
Georgia. :C
Nyetscape.bandcamp.com
Nyetscape.tumblr.com

Eagle Minded
mississippi woopty woop wut.

Happy Cycler
It honestly sometimes seems like this forum has more active members from the US than the UK. Odd being it's about UK band, but then again BoC has such an apparent and admittedly North American culture influence to their music that maybe it isn't so unexpected.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada