United States BoC fans

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
el Cerebro wrote:
ibosak wrote:Long time lurker, but I am from Batavia, Illinois, just 40 minutes west from Chicago.

Welcome ibosak!... From one Midwestern newbie to another! You've decided to take the plunge at a critical juncture--only months from now we'll have a bunch of new BoC tunes to enjoy and discuss!

Hey thanks, I've actually been listening to BoC for years, just stumbled upon twoism a few months back, decided it was worth the stay, just haven't posted!

How about this drought? All our trees are shedding their leaves, it's like fall in my neighborhood.

Sherbet Head
ibosak wrote:
el Cerebro wrote:
ibosak wrote:Long time lurker, but I am from Batavia, Illinois, just 40 minutes west from Chicago.

Welcome ibosak!... From one Midwestern newbie to another! You've decided to take the plunge at a critical juncture--only months from now we'll have a bunch of new BoC tunes to enjoy and discuss!

Hey thanks, I've actually been listening to BoC for years, just stumbled upon twoism a few months back, decided it was worth the stay, just haven't posted!

How about this drought? All our trees are shedding their leaves, it's like fall in my neighborhood.

PFFt, what drought? Down here in Texas last year we had almost an entire year of no rain. This year is the total and complete other side, it's been raining nonstop for the past 8-13 days and will continue for the next week. Sorry to keep HARPING on it....! :idea:

Posts Quantity
Torn n Frayed wrote:
ibosak wrote:
el Cerebro wrote:

PFFt, what drought? Down here in Texas last year we had almost an entire year of no rain. This year is the total and complete other side, it's been raining nonstop for the past 8-13 days and will continue for the next week. Sorry to keep HARPING on it....! :idea:

Maybe it was super wet for you all last summer, but down here in Corpus Christi we had yet another extremely dry year last year...and the trend continues.

Related: any other SOUTH Texans on this board?

Eagle Minded
I live within the "borders" of Canada. :3
you don't care to hear until you listen

Eagle Minded
Southeastern Pennsylvania is where I was born / live with my parents during the summers. It's where I've lived my whole life.
During the school year I'm in Mid-Western Vermont.

Dayvan Cowboy
Southern California over here... :)

Sherbet Head
I live in southwestern connecticut.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Dayvan Cowboy
There aren't too many massholes around here... I'm one of them!

more like central mass though.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Posts Quantity
TaoTapeTao wrote:There aren't too many massholes around here... I'm one of them!

more like central mass though.

Whoa, there's actually quite a few of us from Massachusetts here, maybe 1/2 dozen? Haven't seen Joebot Kill post in this thread but I think he's still around here - I sold him all my Boc vinyl ~5 years ago.

Boqurant
I live in that north western city where [size=0]it rains all the time.[/size] it's actually pretty damn warm.

Eagle Minded
Washington, DC over here.

Dayvan Cowboy
San Francisco

Friendly Stranger
Just outside of Jacksonville, Florida, here. Other than a close friend of mine, I've never met anyone who likes BOC (and I regularly sport a BOC t-shirt!). I would love to talk with someone face-to-face about their music.

Eagle Minded
are me and that beaver dude on here the only two Canadians?

it is cool to live in Canada, I have to say, driving on the Trans Canada Highway while listening to the EP, feels pretty right. :p

Though, I don't have much near anything else as far as "Canadian Pride" goes.
you don't care to hear until you listen

Sherbet Head
There are quite a few Canadians I believe
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Friendly Stranger
I live in New Jersey, and work in NYC. BOC is the perfect soundtrack to the long commute on the bus, through the surreal swamps of the Meadowlands...

Sherbet Head
Syracuse, NY. Ind@how$$$eee.
ImageImage

Sherbet Head
SneakyTT wrote:I live in New Jersey, and work in NYC. BOC is the perfect soundtrack to the long commute on the bus, through the surreal swamps of the Meadowlands...

my ex lived in nutley and I used to take the bus out there all the time. Parts of NJ are pretty surreal. Like an ugly/beautiful industrial wasteland.

Posts Quantity
Here in Arizona, a lot of the landscape looks like the cover of that latest BOC video.
bhn

New Seed
Miami!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada