United States BoC fans

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
krs wrote:
zeoevil wrote:
krs wrote:
zeoevil wrote:
krs wrote:Washington here! Seattle!

Neurotangent wrote:Tacoma

I've already posted in this thread but I'm in Bonney Lake, Washington. South of Seattle and west of Tacoma. Also, is that John Keister or Hunter Thompson?

Holy shit dude, I thought the closest person to me on here was in Vancouver! Nice, so all the King County members should meet soon! What's up, friends?!

Also: Neither. I am a HUGE Thompson fan, but that is John Dunsworth, who plays Mr. Lahey on the hilarious show Trailer Park Boys. Anyone who hasn't see it should definitely check it out.

I'm like 50 miles south of you at least. In Pierce County near Puyallup.

Do you ever come to Seattle at all?

Occasionally. I like to go to the Market several times a year or to shows when they interest me enough to deal with I-5. Do you ever come down around this way for anything besides the Fair?

Eagle Minded
Oh wow, never noticed this topic before! I'm from Massachusetts, as you can see from my location. Looks like I'm not very close to anyone else here :?

Edit: Oh, except for Tim in RI and iec in PA/Boston now that I read the thread more thoroughly :lol:

Sherbet Head
I'm from Mass as well. I live on the west end, in the berkshires. But on weekends I can sometimes be found in Danvers, Melrose, Boston etc. My dad lives in umm... I forget the name of the town, but it's near newburyport.

Eagle Minded
Seeya_Later wrote:I'm from Mass as well. I live on the west end, in the berkshires. But on weekends I can sometimes be found in Danvers, Melrose, Boston etc. My dad lives in umm... I forget the name of the town, but it's near newburyport.

Oh cool :D I live in northeastern Mass (Stoneham/Reading/Wakefield/Woburn area) not too far from Boston. I went to school in western Mass though, in Springfield.

Friendly Stranger
Northern New Hampshire here, isolated in the mountains 8)

Sherbet Head
Ender wrote:
Seeya_Later wrote:I'm from Mass as well. I live on the west end, in the berkshires. But on weekends I can sometimes be found in Danvers, Melrose, Boston etc. My dad lives in umm... I forget the name of the town, but it's near newburyport.

Oh cool :D I live in northeastern Mass (Stoneham/Reading/Wakefield/Woburn area) not too far from Boston. I went to school in western Mass though, in Springfield.

Cool! I used to live in Billerica.

Eagle Minded
...small valley/town in the northern california green triangle

Friendly Stranger
turquoise70 wrote:i rode a train through cleveland once. it was a little depressing.

I've lived in Cleveland (& Akron) my whole life...... :? :|

Makes for good musical inspiration tho :wink:

Sherbet Head
soniktexture wrote:
turquoise70 wrote:i rode a train through cleveland once. it was a little depressing.

I've lived in Cleveland (& Akron) my whole life...... :? :|

Makes for good musical inspiration tho :wink:

I was born in Conneaut but have live most of my life here in Washington. I've only been back twice. I went back once when I was seven for the summer and again in Sept 2008 to visit my Gran who was dying of Leukemia. A beautiful place but the humidity is just balls. Don't know how you put up with it (says the guy who lives with perpetual rain).

Sherbet Head
zeoevil wrote:
krs wrote:
zeoevil wrote:
krs wrote:
zeoevil wrote:
krs wrote:Washington here! Seattle!

Neurotangent wrote:Tacoma

I've already posted in this thread but I'm in Bonney Lake, Washington. South of Seattle and west of Tacoma. Also, is that John Keister or Hunter Thompson?

Holy shit dude, I thought the closest person to me on here was in Vancouver! Nice, so all the King County members should meet soon! What's up, friends?!

Also: Neither. I am a HUGE Thompson fan, but that is John Dunsworth, who plays Mr. Lahey on the hilarious show Trailer Park Boys. Anyone who hasn't see it should definitely check it out.

I'm like 50 miles south of you at least. In Pierce County near Puyallup.

Do you ever come to Seattle at all?

Occasionally. I like to go to the Market several times a year or to shows when they interest me enough to deal with I-5. Do you ever come down around this way for anything besides the Fair?

Nah, I never really venture out that way. If I ever do I'll let you know, and you should do the same.

Posts Quantity
Looks like we have a few people from Washington here. I'm high atop the hill in Queen Anne currently. Born and raised in this dreary wet city. :roll:

Friendly Stranger
Soulthriller wrote:in the valley right outside New York City

Where in the valley?

Eagle Minded
tallahassee flo-rida

not too far from dah beach
-Hunter

Sherbet Head
I'm a Boards of Canadian :( so far away :roll:

Sherbet Head
krs wrote:Nah, I never really venture out that way. If I ever do I'll let you know, and you should do the same.

I'll send you a PM if I do.

Nova Scotia Robot
Spenner wrote:I'm a Boards of Canadian :( so far away :roll:

Nuthin' wrong wit dat. :wink:

Boqurant
Seeya_Later wrote:
Ender wrote:

Cool! I used to live in Billerica.

Lol Massholes represent!
I grew up/have lived in Wakefield/ Salem/Slummerville haha and I'm now up in Billerica where I hate it.
It's such a weird town. Way too townie for me.
I miss the Northshore/Boston.

Sherbet Head
Reppin the PA

*flashes east-side hand symbol all gangster like*
Scott

Eagle Minded
My first post here.

I'm from Houston, Texas. It's rare to meet people who have heard of Boards Of Canada here. If they have actually heard of them or their music, they've usually heard no more than "Dayvan Cowboy." My brother and I are both those BoC kind of fans that have heard everything from "Dayvan Cowboy" to "The Story Of Xentrix." Haven't met anyone else that knows BoC beyond MHTRTC.

Posts Quantity
Everyone in this thread should join Meetup.com and add BoC as a topic. 11 people worldwide have joined so far. With this we can better organize regional events like campouts or parties.
http://boards-of-canada.meetup.com/

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada