GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
"In an official interview, they said they don't really want to make beat-oriented music for dancing right now, but their cold and isolated feelings can be connected to the sense of blockage that covers the world today."

Autechre today sound like BOC in 2013
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
sillik7 wrote:Beatink updated their page and yes, the mystery record is PLUS.
https://www.beatink.com/user_data/warp2020.php

Well there we have it! It was a bit of a tease for them to wait a day after PLUS came out to update this. Doesn’t mean BOC won’t come out—just not as soon as we hoped.

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:
sillik7 wrote:Beatink updated their page and yes, the mystery record is PLUS.
https://www.beatink.com/user_data/warp2020.php

Well there we have it! It was a bit of a tease for them to wait a day after PLUS came out to update this. Doesn’t mean BOC won’t come out—just not as soon as we hoped.

I think most of us saw it happening this way the last couple days, but it's funny they had the wrong amount of ?'s to spell out Autechre. That said, we still have the banner and Adult Swim.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
Autechre today sound like BOC in 2013

How exaclt?
:?

Posts Quantity
Davism wrote:That said, we still have the banner and Adult Swim.

It seems I missed something, what happened with Adult Swim?

Eagle Minded
They posted a video with a nice little tune, it’s a smiley face with asterisks for eyes, captioned “turn that smile upside down”

When you turn it upside down it looks like an eclipse with snow. Also fits quite align with the Look Sad Reel. There’s an eclipse in December visible in the UK I thinks as well.

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:They posted a video with a nice little tune, it’s a smiley face with asterisks for eyes, captioned “turn that smile upside down”

When you turn it upside down it looks like an eclipse with snow. Also fits quite align with the Look Sad Reel. There’s an eclipse in December visible in the UK I thinks as well.

The eclipse is on Dec 14, ten days after the Aphex Twin reissue on Dec 4th. There's nothing planned after that from Warp so maybe an announcement on Dec 14 and a release on Jan 22nd?

We've had so many red herrings though so I'm not banking on it

New Seed
What is the Jan 22 significance? I missed that.

Eagle Minded
MrDimus wrote:What is the Jan 22 significance? I missed that.

Jan 22 was the last day the satellite carrying the Pioneer Plaque sent a transmission, and it just so happens to be the same amount of time between albums as Campfire Headphase/Tomorrows Harvest had. It also falls under Aquarius, an the 747 entered service in 1970 on the same date.

Eagle Minded
If we wanna get real crazy, 22=11+11. 11 11 has some fun with numbers significance as well. It represents a coming awaking of ones self, and that things are starting to align.

Eagle Minded
November 13th is a Friday too, and don’t forgot, the end of Mars’ retrograde (they had posted an IG video on sept 9th, the day it went into retrograde). None of this probably means anything, but self serving puzzles can be a blast

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote: That said, we still have the banner and Adult Swim.

I really don’t think the Adult Swim stuff has anything to do with BoC... they’ve posted the quote “Turn that smile upside down” before and while the tune does sound eerily like BoC, it really wouldn’t make any sense for it to be.
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm kind of bummed that none of these leads are BOC-related, but I am getting used to it by now.

Soon I'll be as jaded as the 2013ers :lol: Though even better, I'm just learning to enjoy the rest of Warp's awesome catalog and the other geniuses on it

Eagle Minded
next page...

Eagle Minded

Dayvan Cowboy
Insert link to BOC's new album that automatically dropped when Twoism hit 666 pages

Eagle Minded
A god with hooves

Posts Quantity
Been following this thread for months now, out of everything that happened I think the only thing worthy of note is the banner on the Youtube channel, since its an official account, the image has never been seen before to my knowledge and I do find it quite odd that they would decide to update that channel for no reason, so they might be getting it ready to use it in the near future uploading some kind of teaser or promo, it makes me feel positive that in either 2021 or 2022 we'll get something new.

If there ever will be a new clue or ARG its going to happen in these official accounts that we do know belongs to them (hellinterface, AtalantaFugiens, @boctransmission) or from Warp Records, other than that I wouldn't seriously expect anything from reddit or a random account anywhere else and I can't believe some did back then...
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Sherbet Head

Does the YouTube banner really qualify as a new image? I'm not sure.

Sherbet Head
i was here!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada