GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
i like that solange tune 'slow this bird'...i heard boc backed her up on that one...

Dayvan Cowboy
One tidbit that I find rather depressing, how many boccers have we lost that hoped and hoped for a release but for whatever reason death caught up with before finally hearing anything concrete.

Admittedly, it might have been low on their radar, but still the thought of it just gnaws at me.

Boqurant
Magrathea wrote:still the thought of it just gnaws at me.

death?

Friendly Stranger
I sincerely hope my life is fulfilling enough to not have my dying thoughts be "where the fuck was that boards of canada album"

Eagle Minded
People question why BoCers are so adamant, pessimistic, or plain old psycho about BoC and a possible new album.

I just realized part of the reason why I care so much. Having my ears bleed by hearing new "TNGHT" singles.

New Seed
What if the next album isn't really good? I mean, I know that music is subjective but what if it's really not that good? BoC has never disappointed but... I wonder

Eagle Minded
lyst wrote:I just realized part of the reason why I care so much. Having my ears bleed by hearing new "TNGHT" singles.

I never really liked TNGHT from the beginning but holy shit the track he just put out is horrible.

KunFuzi wrote:What if the next album isn't really good? I mean, I know that music is subjective but what if it's really not that good? BoC has never disappointed but... I wonder

"What if..."
I've never heard a BoC track that you can classify as 'not good' (unless some of their tracks that are kinda repetitive count). I'm sure, after seven years, the brothers will not disappoint.

New Seed

Sherbet Head
KunFuzi wrote:Image

well if that was the burzum cover i'd pull the trigger.

you left out the e in quatzalcoatl

tut tut

Dayvan Cowboy
I think a bicycle day announcement is a feasible thing - its 1 day short of the MHTRTC 15th anniversary

Sherbet Head
how many release dates actually coincide with any particular special occasion or date? from memory........about 0
*farts*

idk

Eagle Minded
seanandcandy wrote:how many release dates actually coincide with any particular special occasion or date? from memory........about 0

TCH was supposed to be released on 6/6/06

Sherbet Head
so joyrex has made a couple less mysterious statements recently.

Joyrex:

"Or, I dunno, perhaps plans changed? Nah, couldn't be that - when somebody says something, it MUST happen.

Do you bother thinking before you type? I mean, really - did it not ever occur to you that perhaps why the album has been delayed several times there were valid reasons behind it? And the fact that someone "in the know" says "I've heard the album is coming soon" meant at the time they repeated this for everyone else's' benefit, it in fact was "the plan" and was going to happen?

Don't get me wrong - until there is an "official" announcement, I'm not holding my breath either, but from what I've heard... it might actually finally, happen!"

Joyrex:

"I don't read every thread, nor do I respond to every thread - who has that kind of time?

Apparently you didn't read what I replied to DogBoy - plans change. Nobody has any right to be upset unless there was an official announcement the album was coming out, and it did not. The fact that plans have been scuppered several times due to circumstances is disappointing, yes, but no reason to act like there's some conspiracy or dirty dealing going on.

Would you prefer if I and others "in the know" just kept our mouths shut all the time? Of course not. Just take it all with a grain of salt, and what comes to bear, enjoy the fact you knew early on."
Last edited by MindElevation on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boqurant
Vostok wrote:
seanandcandy wrote:how many release dates actually coincide with any particular special occasion or date? from memory........about 0

LOL no dude, TCH came out in 2005. The EP came out in late May 2006.
it was never "supposed" to come out on 6/6/06 lol! sheesh people

Eagle Minded
sexagon hun wrote:
Vostok wrote:

LOL no dude, TCH came out in 2005. The EP came out in late May 2006.

Trans Canada Highway

"According to Boards of Canada's official site, the EP was originally scheduled for release on 6 June 2006."

Eagle Minded
sexagon hun wrote:LOL no dude, TCH came out in 2005. The EP came out in late May 2006.

It helps to speak out of your mouth rather than your ass - http://bocpages.org/wiki/Trans_Canada_Highway

Friendly Stranger
I have had an image of myself listening to the new album and there was an outstanding track titled
Chiropterotriton

Dayvan Cowboy
Priegaroz Jos wrote:I have had an image of myself listening to the new album and there was an outstanding track titled
Chiropterotriton

The Campfire Newt Phase

Dayvan Cowboy
Newt Clear Dawn

Edit: Gekkogaddi
Last edited by Negamuse on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada