GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
it's just a very small hexagon that looks like a dot
yes, i would love to be free!

Friendly Stranger
TheStatPow wrote:I thought we went over this. The blue dots mean nothing! :cry:
If the blue dots theoretically actually meant something and weren't just a visual glitch, what could be happening to explain it popping up so often?

Eagle Minded
pilot12 wrote:
If the blue dots theoretically actually meant something and weren't just a visual glitch, what could be happening to explain it popping up so often?

There was a suggestion that the blue dot goes on whenever content is loaded to a channel (true), but goes away if it's been delisted or made private (jury is still out).

Honestly, it's the most solid of the theories left these days, and with BoC's penchant for YouTube trickery...it's also easy to believe.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
that owl featured on the newcleardawn website has been used in some Bohemian Club images. anyone here who happens to be into conspiracies might now about that and the Cremation of Care. I thought it was quite interesting to see that exact owl, it’s probably where BoC got it.

also, YouTubes notification system sucks. as someone who’s been in the youtube community for a long while, trust me when I say that system is bugged beyond belief. people have been complaining about it for years. That dot most likely means they have uploaded private content to the channel, but when that dot disappears it doesn’t mean that content was removed.
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
pilot12 wrote:

sorry to double post, but it showing up over and over again is probably a bug. they probably uploaded a private video, and the dot is just bugging. it could also be minor edits, like descriptions or tags.
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
I feel the blue dot is similar to the likes on twitter. It shows up when things quiet down a bit and then pops up to keep everyone talking.

Before I was kind of annoyed that this was the only activity we got, but Drifter convinced me that it's better they're trying to keep the hype alive, even as the boys work at a pace slower than snails, paint drying, and grass growing combined. The fact though that they've got someone still trying to generate interest though means that it's coming at least. :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I still think they're working up to a big surprise, it wouldn't be good optics or logistics otherwise to just engage with stuff that was irrelevant and didn't help them in some way in terms of promotion

Dayvan Cowboy
Roswell wrote:that owl featured on the newcleardawn website has been used in some Bohemian Club images. anyone here who happens to be into conspiracies might now about that and the Cremation of Care. I thought it was quite interesting to see that exact owl, it’s probably where BoC got it.

also, YouTubes notification system sucks. as someone who’s been in the youtube community for a long while, trust me when I say that system is bugged beyond belief. people have been complaining about it for years. That dot most likely means they have uploaded private content to the channel, but when that dot disappears it doesn’t mean that content was removed.

Considering, that probably at least 70 proc. of human population believe in a fake popa, generated by fake news media, things like cremation of care sound no longer like a conspiracy.
Unless you just mentally handicapped. Which I believe most of the western world are.

Eagle Minded
i miss my popa...

Happy Cycler
Popa don't preach.

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:I still think they're working up to a big surprise, it wouldn't be good optics or logistics otherwise to just engage with stuff that was irrelevant and didn't help them in some way in terms of promotion

I think for this reason and PIC's sit tight message we actually have a reason to anticipate something. What's masterful is we still have no idea what it is because no info has leaked either.

Besides, if a new BOC album/project leaked, I'm sure there'd be tons of debate whether it's real or not, a la TCH.

Dayvan Cowboy
Double post, but as per the request of a good friend of mine, here are some inspirational things I said to him concerning Warp and BOC:

From 2018 to now, every main warp artist has released an album except BOC.

Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Autechre, (two releases) OPN, Flylo, (two releases) Bibio, (two releases) and Plaid all have something out.

The only things left that haven't been released recently are a BOC album/EP and an Aphex Twin full album, and judging by what Richard said in November, he hasn't really been at the circuit board. BOC on the other hand, are constantly reminding us on social media of their presence as if to tell us, "Give it a bit longer."

So by process of elimination, BOC may very well be the blockbuster album this fall. Warp are on break in July (at least that's what they seem to do for the last two years) but perhaps we can expect an announcement in August or September (Hell, that's when the Pioneer's Plaque was posted last year.)

So either BOC this fall, or Richard D James drops a feature length album composed entirely of synth farts. ;)

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:From 2018 to now, every main warp artist has released an album except BOC.
you gotta be a real optimist to see this as something inspirational haha

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:
Echelon wrote:From 2018 to now, every main warp artist has released an album except BOC.
you gotta be a real optimist to see this as something inspirational haha

That at least means those artists are less likely to spring an album on us right now. Takes a bit longer nowadays for artists to make albums since the idea well is a lot more exhausted than it was in the sixties.

But yep, that's me, eternal optimist pollyanna for no reason.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I think for this reason and PIC's sit tight message we actually have a reason to anticipate something.

What is this "sit tight message" you speak of?

Dayvan Cowboy
Wildfire wrote:
Echelon wrote:I think for this reason and PIC's sit tight message we actually have a reason to anticipate something.

Make of it what you will. It was post Societas in 2019

https://imgur.com/a/VBqVkgo

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Wildfire wrote:

Make of it what you will. It was post Societas in 2019

https://imgur.com/a/VBqVkgo

Thanks for posting, I never actually saw the picture of that message. I have no reason to believe PIC was blowing smoke. I'm on team Echelon.

Eagle Minded
Team E for life

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks guys. This all bodes well for the future, it's only a matter of when :)

Posts Quantity
oh boy, this is good!
"R-Worded"

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada