GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
The bros just posted another video on their Insta.

Eagle Minded
It's Transmisiones Ferox. Wasn't someone theorizing that the 5th video should be a song from Trans Canada Highway?

Posts Quantity
New video the day before thanksgiving in the USA - and it’s a track from tomorrow harvest. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
Oh man, I didn't put that together. Pretty clever.

Dayvan Cowboy
Glad they posted this one. There's now been official recognition of my two favorite fan videos from TH - the Jacquard Causeway used in Tomorrow's Harvest: The Movie, and now the best Transmissions Ferox video.

Boqurant
That ending melody on ferox is one of my favorite melodies the brothers did

Eagle Minded
Tomorrow we harvest our Thanksgiving bounty only to reap an aggressive transmission of coronavirus cases. They were spot on with this one

Dayvan Cowboy
belchmaster wrote:That ending melody on ferox is one of my favorite melodies the brothers did

Agreed! It's so beautiful and fleeting, gone almost before you realize it's there.

I think that's one thing that sets BoC apart from other groups. A lot of bands, when they find a pretty melody or intriguing chord progression, milk it for all it's worth. BoC are willing to just drop it once, in the background, and leave you wanting more.

Dayvan Cowboy
They liked my friends comment "The devil's in the details" haha
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
I thought the exact same thing the other day. The outro on the remix of Last Walk around Mirror Lake is a stand out for me.

SamuraiDrifter wrote:
belchmaster wrote:That ending melody on ferox is one of my favorite melodies the brothers did

Agreed! It's so beautiful and fleeting, gone almost before you realize it's there.

I think that's one thing that sets BoC apart from other groups. A lot of bands, when they find a pretty melody or intriguing chord progression, milk it for all it's worth. BoC are willing to just drop it once, in the background, and leave you wanting more.

Eagle Minded
they replied to the creator with the clap emoji again!
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
36 days till the end of the year too. Plenty of fun stuff to do with that number.

Dayvan Cowboy
Surprised they haven't announced any new albums yet. Warp that is. Perhaps we'll soon be in the clear?

Edit: Well other than a single for one of their newer artists on the 24th.

Dayvan Cowboy
I know what I'm thankful for: Actual hints at the future of this band :D

BOC fans are in a difficult position, but we are fortunately not in the place of My Bloody Valentine fans. Celebrate that and these holidays :]

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:I know what I'm thankful for: Actual hints at the future of this band :D

BOC fans are in a difficult position, but we are fortunately not in the place of My Bloody Valentine fans. Celebrate that and these holidays :]

I'm also thankful for Societas x Tape, something they released to the world only last year. I know it's not their music but I rank it up there with their albums, the track selection and the mixing is so very BoC that it's something that has done well to tie me over for their next release.

Anyone who thinks BoC are done releasing albums, there's just no way. It will happen, could be next year, could be 2026, but it will happen.

I'm enjoying the ride, the waiting isn't painful.

Posts Quantity
demo wrote:
Echelon wrote:I know what I'm thankful for: Actual hints at the future of this band :D

I'm also thankful for Societas x Tape, something they released to the world only last year. I know it's not their music but I rank it up there with their albums, the track selection and the mixing is so very BoC that it's something that has done well to tie me over for their next release.

Me too, I'm trying to... :]

New Seed
Can any astrology heads confirm the theory that the age of Aquarius begins on the 21st of December? Astrology/numerology have certainly never been a strong suit of mine lol

Sorry if it’s been asked recently, I haven’t seen that date get thrown around yet

Dayvan Cowboy
HexagonPaws wrote:Can any astrology heads confirm the theory that the age of Aquarius begins on the 21st of December? Astrology/numerology have certainly never been a strong suit of mine lol

Sorry if it’s been asked recently, I haven’t seen that date get thrown around yet

I've heard that mentioned before, but it's worth noting again. Especially since the 20th anniversary of IABPOITC was a bust.

This December/Jan era seems to have a lot going for it. There's the Aquarius thing, an eclipse in Dec (which may or may not be predicted by the Adult Swim vid) the Jan 22nd final Pioneer Transmission which also coincides with the same amount of time between TCH and TH. Also I think the American presidential inauguration is around Jan 22nd too.

An optimist like me hopes any of this might actually indicate something, but a realist could easily point out that all of this is just cool theories. We'll see. In the mean time, I'm enjoying everyone else on Warp. :)

Eagle Minded
The great conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn on the 21st of December is what “kicks off” the age of Aquarius.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hey attention all BOC fans, Mike and Marcus are in great danger! The great conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn is almost there...All you need to do is send your credit card number, the expiration date and the three digits number on the back. But you got to move quick, cause that Japaneese bonus track not going to be done by it self.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada