GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Astrologically we are heading into a “great conjunction” between Saturn and Jupiter, all starting on Dec 21st. I’m not real into the stuff, but it’s pretty fascinating to read about. Almost where science meets human mystification (Geogaddi). It is sliding into the Aquarius sign as well, and a change from earth to air elements apparently.
The change to air is curious, and drones/birds/sky are subjects within their work.

Eagle Minded
Also, plugged it in, and it’s 70 days from Nov 13th (end of Mars retrograde, it’s start coinciding with an IG post) till January 22.

Posts Quantity
The only astronomical event
that has anything to do with the release
of The Bros' new album (or long-awated mixtape) is
Halley's Comet.

Eagle Minded
The Spaniard wrote:The only astronomical event
Halley's Comet.

see you in 2061 8)

also 3 new likes on the bird
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
The Spaniard wrote:The only astronomical event
Halley's Comet.

I really don't think they're that bad. I think Avalanches, Daft Punk and My Bloody Valentine are just as bad if not worse. Or even though he's not indie and an older gentlemen, Peter Gabriel hasn't released an album since 2002 despite I/O being in the works since then.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
The Avalanches have just released their 3rd album. Comes out in December.
The whole astrological thing - I though NASA had come out to say that the star signs have all shifted across, so Aquarius for example is now in February!?!
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day

Eagle Minded
I can not believe we are now literally looking to the stars for answers

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:
arvy wrote:All the twitter speculation is an instant red flag for me, that nothing is going to happen. The J2021-01-22 is an interesting day. Tho, reading the old speculation topic, you can see how some folks failed. For example: 2011-11-11. That is a fantastic date, but not for a BOC realease. The album actually launched on 2013-06-09. Correct me if I;m wrong

I remembered it being released June 11th... at least in the U.S.

Right, it was a summer realease album. it would be intersting for them to announce/release next album in winter.

Eagle Minded
Moloch wrote:Sometimes I think about the fact that they acknowledged they're sitting on literally dozens of hours of material and I'm sad.

Then I think of RDJ who released a shitton of pretty meh tracks on bloody soundcloud and I'm happy with BOC not releasing much if anything at all.

You're kidding, right?

Sure, there was plenty of filler (particularly the modular noodlings), but there were literally hours of material that could easily go toe-to-toe with the stuff he ended up putting on his official releases. The unreleased ICBYD-era tracks, for instance, would've made a better album than ICBYD in my opinion, and that is often regarded as one of his best works.

I'm sure if BoC ever unleashed their archives, it'd likely be a curated project presented with more structure. They seem to be a lot better at quality control than Richard.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:I can not believe we are now literally looking to the stars for answers

I don't know if anyone remembers this, but BOC once liked a tweet where someone had a program that somehow generated music based on vibes generated from stars/outer space. They said "it sounds like BOC."

It's kind of ironic nowadays, especially with all our theories about outer space.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
is the general consensus that the next album will be space themed? the theory does make logical sense, given the pioneer plaque that was posted on the hell interface youtube banner. but also, the space theme works with regards to the progression of BoC's albums - Tomorrow's Harvest soundtracks the decay of civilization on earth, so it only makes sense we would see space as the next topic regarding albums.

Boqurant
just adding more here, it would be odd to see the next album from BoC completely ignore the context and story of the last. it would be going back a step.

Posts Quantity
AMKS Halloween special poster with half a hexagon!

Eagle Minded
Invert the colors of it :)

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
demo wrote:I can not believe we are now literally looking to the stars for answers

I don't know if anyone remembers this, but BOC once liked a tweet where someone had a program that somehow generated music based on vibes generated from stars/outer space. They said "it sounds like BOC."

What? Really? Can someone find a source for this?

debugDolores wrote:the space theme works with regards to the progression of BoC's albums - Tomorrow's Harvest soundtracks the decay of civilization on earth, so it only makes sense we would see space as the next topic regarding albums.

This was exactly my train of thought when I said "It feels like a perfect continuation" and "makes sense thematically in their discography"

Posts Quantity
Navaru wrote:Invert the colors of it :)
Share it! Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded

Posts Quantity
The top of a hexagon - rising above the horizon line.

Invert the image - you get a turquoise hexagon sun [rising or setting]???

Happy Cycler
PerniciousKnid wrote:The top of a hexagon - rising above the horizon line.

Invert the image - you get a turquoise hexagon sun [rising or setting]???

Nooo. That is too good to be true. Isn't it?

Eagle Minded
I’ve watched the last few all the way to the end, there’s usually a weird song, references to space, and even little video clips (one had windtowers viewed through a kaleidoscope it seemed).

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada