GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Harvest is a good album. Leave Rodheh alone. The remix album was a long time ago. We've all grown as people.

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:Hah! Glad you like it!

Whoever blotted out the face did an excellent job. Truly trippy in the vein of the MHTRTC cover
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Happy Cycler
Echelon wrote:

Whoever blotted out the face did an excellent job. Truly trippy in the vein of the MHTRTC cover

That would be me! I thought it looked terrible, but in a good way! Hah!

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:
Echelon wrote:

That would be me! I thought it looked terrible, but in a good way! Hah!

The texture reminds me a lot of the actual Music cover. Like skin without the features edited out artificially. Compare that to my five second Hooper Bay pisstake.

The first two BOC album covers are a work of genius and I hope that BOC do a face editing out contest for their next album XD

Eagle Minded
[/quote]

The texture reminds me a lot of the actual Music cover. Like skin without the features edited out artificially. Compare that to my five second Hooper Bay pisstake.

The first two BOC album covers are a work of genius and I hope that BOC do a face editing out contest for their next album XD[/quote]

What a great idea that would be if their new album cover was a unedited photo of MHTRTC, that revealed expression on their faces. Tomorrow's Harvest completed the hexagon. But that design would complete a circle.

We all long for a new album from Boards of Canada. I've been quite pessimistic whether there would be a new one and I hope I am wrong. I think I am wrong. I'm sure they've still got a lot more to say, maybe more so right now. I think it's coming.

Eagle Minded
Keep it coming love

Posts Quantity
2,931 days later ... :cry:

Eagle Minded
Bit-o twatter action this morning from the Boards of Canada

Posts Quantity
FNORDs of Canada
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
Navaru wrote:Bit-o twatter action this morning from the Boards of Canada

more likes on requests for a new album. I remain vaguely optimistic

Dayvan Cowboy
mthrndr wrote:
Navaru wrote:Bit-o twatter action this morning from the Boards of Canada

more likes on requests for a new album. I remain vaguely optimistic

Give it 10 days from now and we'll see where we're at. Probably another Darkstar or Hudson Mohawk remix EP, but who knows. :lol: This year at Warp's been pretty disappointing. Especially compared to the two Autechre albums, one OPN and the best Squarepusher since Hard Normal Daddy last year.

Boqurant
And record store day was a bust, as expected.
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Dayvan Cowboy
Warp intern: Another new week. Time to placate those pesky BOC fans. *opens twitter*

I wonder if there's a schedule for the twitter likes. Like they go out at the beginning of every two weeks. That way it can give us a tiny sliver of hope, even if they're not even close to their end goal.

Someone should send a tweet to the Twitter that says, "Like if something is coming SOON." Be more specific :lol:

Eagle Minded
i used to be believe that the twitter account was almost certainly ran by the brothers or someone within hexagon sun. but after seeing the fabled 70th tweet be nothing more than a restock, i’m definitely not so sure.
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
I think their social media pages are run by BOC directly because it's ridiculous to think a band as careful as them would entrust their sole method of communication to a label representative, and the fact they didn't reference "70" does not change that in any way. People really put way too much emphasis on numerology, especially when they really never reference it outside the context of their albums.

The idea of Warp interns running their Twitter is based on the misconception that they're mysterious hermits who live in the woods and can't be bothered with such Earthly concerns as "the internet." They've gone to great lengths to shoot down this kind of mythologizing in interviews over the years and yet it continues.

Dayvan Cowboy
^Brilliant post

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I think their social media pages are run by BOC directly because it's ridiculous to think a band as careful as them would entrust their sole method of communication to a label representative, and the fact they didn't reference "70" does not change that in any way. People really put way too much emphasis on numerology, especially when they really never reference it outside the context of their albums.

The idea of Warp interns running their Twitter is based on the misconception that they're mysterious hermits who live in the woods and can't be bothered with such Earthly concerns as "the internet." They've gone to great lengths to shoot down this kind of mythologizing in interviews over the years and yet it continues.

100%

also,

i'm pretty sure basically the only musicians who "label representatives" or whatever (lol) would run their online presences are either artists who are too old for social media, or ultra ultra famous mainstream sellout types / music industry monster/creations.

for the most part, nowadays artists run their own shit. the latter is kind of dying out
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I think their social media pages are run by BOC directly because it's ridiculous to think a band as careful as them would entrust their sole method of communication to a label representative, and the fact they didn't reference "70" does not change that in any way. People really put way too much emphasis on numerology, especially when they really never reference it outside the context of their albums.

Another point is that people put so much significance and hope into things like June 9th, 70 for the Smallest Weird Number and Music70, 747 et al. These are all songs from at least 19 years ago if not much, much further back. 19 years ago I was 18 years old and a completely different person into loads of shit that I'm no longer interested in. Why would BoC do anything related to these dates and numbers, it was a generation ago, they've moved on.

Boqurant
Their seemingly legit twitter accounts would indicate they have some level of interface at least.

The other day I noticed the saxophone solo in "Dance with Us Lord" starts at 1:17 which is the exact same length as the smallest weird number. Probably a coincidence, I just thought it was interesting.

Happy Cycler
reflex17 wrote:Their seemingly legit twitter accounts would indicate they have some level of interface at least.

The other day I noticed the saxophone solo in "Dance with Us Lord" starts at 1:17 which is the exact same length as the smallest weird number. Probably a coincidence, I just thought it was interesting.

Hmm. Perhaps a... hell... interface of sorts...

I'll see myself out.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada