GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I don't think anybody besides a select number of people close to BoC and WARP would happen know that. That being said, they're probably at their own pace and WARP knows they are a special case. I think you'll see another 2 or 3 studio albums in our lifetime, but I think they are going to take their time and make sure they are perfect.

Dayvan Cowboy
Mozart wrote:I don't think anybody besides a select number of people close to BoC and WARP would happen know that. That being said, they're probably at their own pace and WARP knows they are a special case. I think you'll see another 2 or 3 studio albums in our lifetime, but I think they are going to take their time and make sure they are perfect.

I would die of laughter if Warp one day just snapped and imposed the same contract they had in the 90s and 2000s, forcing them to churn out EPs and albums every few years.

Of course, BOC would just leave and never come back if that happened. When you're an artist on their level, you definitely get the royal treatment.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I predict the brothers will have a midlife crisis that will spark a new period of being prolific, new collaborations, etc..
preparation for a dive.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hope they are going to release Tomorrow's Harvest part. With more tracks like Gemini, Telepath, Collapse, Semena Mertvykh. But more psychedelic, drony, dark. That people would literally be mindfucked by this album.

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:Hope they are going to release Tomorrow's Harvest part. With more tracks like Gemini, Telepath, Collapse, Semena Mertvykh. But more psychedelic, drony, dark. That people would literally be mindfucked by this album.

This!! ^^^
I would also take a more shoegazey and traditional psychedelic style album maybe in the vein of Slowdive or MBV!...

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:Hope they are going to release Tomorrow's Harvest part. With more tracks like Gemini, Telepath, Collapse, Semena Mertvykh. But more psychedelic, drony, dark. That people would literally be mindfucked by this album.

Mindfucked? there are thousands of artists doing minimal ambient, why not go check some of those out?
If BoC did an album full of that stuff it would be weak as hell, I mean, It would be nice etc but all this time for an ambient album? They and most people could knock something like that up in weeks or even days.
Their effort shows in the thickness of their big tracks, that's why we have to wait so long.

Of course, an ambient album from them would be cool but it better be doubled by another album with monstrous beats.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
What if Tomorrow's Harvest was designed to be the soundtrack for the desolation of BOC's fandom for the next 6 years? If you think of the dearth of what's happened, it's kind of fitting :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:

Mindfucked? there are thousands of artists doing minimal ambient, why not go check some of those out?
If BoC did an album full of that stuff it would be weak as hell, I mean, It would be nice etc but all this time for an ambient album? They and most people could knock something like that up in weeks or even days.
Their effort shows in the thickness of their big tracks, that's why we have to wait so long.

Of course, an ambient album from them would be cool but it better be doubled by another album with monstrous beats.

This meme is not my own opinion but really the more I think about it.... : )

I would be immensely disappointed in an ambient only BOC album and honestly I don't think they'll ever do one. When they're only releasing an LP every 7 years or so and they're already in their late 40's I just don't see it happening. IF they ever did it'd be under a different moniker.

Posts Quantity
ryetronics wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:

This meme is not my own opinion but really the more I think about it.... : )

I would be immensely disappointed in an ambient only BOC album and honestly I don't think they'll ever do one. When they're only releasing an LP every 7 years or so and they're already in their late 40's I just don't see it happening. IF they ever did it'd be under a different moniker.

I've been making electronic music for years, and in my experience it's a lot harder to make good ambient music than it is to make a track with 'monstrous beats'.

Sherbet Head
Nah I don't think most people would hold that veiw.
It would take me maybe 1-2 months to make an ambient album I would be happy with but it woud take me a year to do a complete album of the stuff I want to put out, which like BoC, it would be big full tracks and many interlude tracks.

That's not blowing my trumpet or self depricating, it's an honest, conservative estimate based on previous music I have made.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
The whole idea is to continue there Tomorrows Harvest left. A strong (probably tthe strongest ambient track they ever put in) , Semena of the Dead.

Posts Quantity
I have to say that if their next album was entirely ambient, most fans would be cheesed a.k.a. 'not happy' with that outcome. I would probably still listen to it dozens of times because the brothers' output is always great, but I also would feel somewhat disappointed that we waited 6+ years for an entire album of ambient tunes.

I also have to agree with Deadfly that GOOD ambient music isn't easy to produce. There's a lot of variation in quality out there.

New Seed
I can imagine them doing something out of left field, a bold move. It would probably be in the style of the tape. More poppy songs with maybe a couple tracks of added singing. Will probably be a more open/personal album.

Eagle Minded
So, kinda weird....

I was watching the fan made Buckie High video tonight and saw a weird looking bit of info in the artist line for the copyright claim...it's not claimed by Boards themselves...but by "Alexander Lynch Totheark". I went to his YouTube channel, there's not a lot there (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCylX3FVvv0nAd_PcL-Fj3TQ/featured.

The Song's info
Song: Boards of Canada: Buckie High (Alexander Lynch Totheark Remix)
Artist: Alexander Lynch Totheark
Licensed to YouTube by: ONErpm

I checked on Google Play Music, and sure enough, the guy has the song "officially" released.

What could claims like that be used for in terms of monetization? I don't think that video gets heavy traffic, but still...

Looking through the releases on Google Play, looks like he's really a bit fan of BoC...
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
https://www.amazon.com/Boards-of-Canada ... B07BMHVD9F

Seems like he covered it on one of his own releases and now the automatic copyright claim system has pinned it as his. Since there was never an official stream available for Buckie High before it probably just assumes it's his song. I kinda doubt he intended for that to happen, just YouTube's auto claims being shit again

Eagle Minded
Nottoolate wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Boards-of-Canada-Buckie-High/dp/B07BMHVD9F

Seems like he covered it on one of his own releases and now the automatic copyright claim system has pinned it as his. Since there was never an official stream available for Buckie High before it probably just assumes it's his song. I kinda doubt he intended for that to happen, just YouTube's auto claims being shit again

That's what I assumed happened when I saw there was an actual album for sale from this guy.

I figure if he's not part of the collective in some capacity (and I'm going out on a limb here and call it: he isn't) this could be a shitty way to monetize someone else's work.

Intentional or not, mind you - it's still shitty it could happen so easily.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
The response concerning that WxAxRxP Bleep Store that's been up. I asked if there would be any future goods available on it and what it's purpose was for. I got a cryptic response but definitely one that indicates there will be something coming up in the future.

https://imgur.com/a/NDGV0wD

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:The response concerning that WxAxRxP Bleep Store that's been up. I asked if there would be any future goods available on it and what it's purpose was for. I got a cryptic response but definitely one that indicates there will be something coming up in the future.

Intriguing...

Nice one, Echelon!

Dayvan Cowboy
Sherbet Head wrote:
Echelon wrote:The response concerning that WxAxRxP Bleep Store that's been up. I asked if there would be any future goods available on it and what it's purpose was for. I got a cryptic response but definitely one that indicates there will be something coming up in the future.

Intriguing...

Nice one, Echelon!

Aw thanks :D I also asked a follow up question and was informed that the current site is just a placeholder for another site and "there is more to come and will be announced soon."

Once again, this could have to do with BOC or it could not. But regardless, it's official that Warp has something else planned and the 30th anniversary celebration is not over. Let's hope our boys choose to partake in it, and this time, they bring some homemade goodies. Hexagon shaped cookies anyone? :P

Eagle Minded
Oh man, this is getting juicy.

I'd be interested in buying a few of the things that aired on the Warp30 weekend, so I'm still holding out for a store of some sort.

Even more new content would be great though!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada