Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Post all your questions, theories, remarks or basically anything about a possible new release in this topic. Keep it formal. This topic is not to diverge into one big joke. All non related posts will be deleted.

This topic should also be an informative one, especially for our new members who undoubtfully have a lot of questions regarding the forthcoming release(s).

-- All the other related 'new album' threads will be deleted as of now --
Last edited by Aesthetics on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks Ae. :D

Oh, and...... it'll be ready when it's ready. lol

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:02 am

Mexicola wrote:Thanks Ae. :D

How can it not be 'ready'? Didn't MDG say in the past they're almost always in the studio everyday? How can you not complete a 20 something track album in 5 years? That just amazes me. I'm not mad, though.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:34 pm

Stry Craty Bya wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Thanks Ae. :D

How can it not be 'ready'? Didn't MDG say in the past they're almost always in the studio everyday? How can you not complete a 20 something track album in 5 years? That just amazes me. I'm not mad, though.

Because they aren't happy with it? It's all about the quality control..

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:59 pm

1) All possible speculations about the new album have been made and if there still are speculations to be made they are likely to be too far-fetched to be plausible. 2) Once you profess skepticism towards MDG's authenticity you are unlikely to be convinced otherwise since most skeptics on here are quite dogmatic 3) Expressing anger and frustration at MDG, BoC or any other key figure is unlikely to achieve any desired success 4) As long as no new information appears, speculations are likely to keep returning in the same form and content and the discussion will become an endless feedback loop without any definite conclusion.

But hey, I don't wanna spoil the fun for you guys.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:02 pm

So, what direction do you guys think their sound will go in this time around?

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Guido wrote:As long as no new information appears, speculations are likely to keep returning in the same form and content and the discussion will become an endless feedback loop without any definite conclusion.

True. Nature abhors a vacuum.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Every other day at work I here people say: "hey nice shirt man, they're cool" and than I wonder If those people also come up here every week to check if the new one's announced yet...

I remember a guy in our street when I was small. At night he was always calling for his dog who ran away in the cornfield. He was partially disabled after suffering a stroke. I can steel hear him call "Laika... Laikaaa!" Shouting out for signs of life on here probably looks a bit the same. Only the guy was lucky, his dog came home every night.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:52 pm

The title of this thread is very misleading :?

Ahh well at least there's a lot of Aphex news at WATMM. :D

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:11 pm

Rincon wrote:I saw this and thought "OH YES! THERE'S A NEW RELEASE COMING AND A THREAD DEDICATED TO IT!"
Milky wrote:The title of this thread is very misleading

I just changed the topic title to GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm not sure how consistent Warp is with breaking news about upcoming releases, but just today they announced the new Seefeel album, which will drop in Feb 2011. It could be evidence that BoC's new album definitely isn't coming in 2010, FWIW.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:25 am

mdg, wherever you are, is it really going to come out this year?

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:24 am

Jakerpoo wrote:mdg, wherever you are, is it really going to come out this year?

This tactic doesn't seem to work, so i wouldn't bother if i where you :P

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Maybe its because hes busy taking pictures of the brothers (it is fall....) and hasn't been here to reassure us.

Its like the kid who cries and cries when their parents leave.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Jakerpoo wrote:mdg, wherever you are

<center>
</center>

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:15 pm

lol, nice one cupz. :lol:

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Jakerpoo wrote:mdg, wherever you are, is it really going to come out this year?

I would say its pretty much 100% not possible now. Its november. Glad to see him posting again, but at this point we prob have to wait on Warp to release info sometime in 2011. :sigh:

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:58 am

dr.frot wrote:What happened to the Chameleon debunking thread then?

I moved it to another subforum as it's not really boards of canada related anymore so to speak: http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7420

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:11 pm

i bet the new album will come out 1 jan 2011

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:20 am

mondo swooper70 wrote:i bet the new album will come out 1 jan 2011

I remember hearing all this stuff last year at this time...
Post a reply