GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
they liked two new tweets on Twitter. we got activity!

Eagle Minded
*turns hopium dial to maximum*

They logged back into twitter to prepare announcement tweets and while they were there they liked a few tweets in their notifications!!111

okay, I'm turning it back down to a nominal level...

What's interesting is that they've been completely silent about new music since mdg's dm to babylulu, which was 2022-06-29. They were active for the MHTRTC 25th, but they pretty much had to do that and it had nothing to do with new music anyways so it doesn't count (unless you count bleep's cheeky mention in the newsletter :shock:). This is them actually referencing new music again, as we close in on one year since mdg's message! A little bit of a shame, though, that it's only twitter likes again. Seems like a step backwards... Hopefully they keep some momentum this time!
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm so thankful for this. It's been such a dry spell lately. I will enjoy our gift and hope there's plenty more to come.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
skepticism is slowly fading away as June 9th and 10th come our way.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Posts Quantity
Warp has a huge gap between Squid and their next release after that (Squid releases June 08, Kwes releases Nov 02)

just saying, ample opportunity for an announcement

babylulu wrote:Warp has a huge gap between Squid and their next release after that (Squid releases June 08, Kwes releases Nov 02)

just saying, ample opportunity for an announcement

Squid is due out June 9th, just saying. That's a Sunday. Weird timing, right? As if Warp couldn't help but claim BoC's song title. :)

Friendly Stranger
The 9th is a friday this year. Would be nice to have something for that day, but Warp probably wont because of Squid's album release that day.

ihmeauto wrote:The 9th is a friday this year. Would be nice to have something for that day, but Warp probably wont because of Squid's album release that day.

Oh yes, Friday of course. Oops.

The thing is they announced it on 2023-02-08 already. And still, they had to choose June 9th. I reckon if you announce something that long in advance you could've chosen another week perhaps?

Warp doesn't care about gimmicks (anymore).

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu usually posting interesting in this thread. tho, there's should some real activity on the boc side. until then, I don't see anything happening.

example 2013 1st april fool joke, almost 20 days later ARG rolling in.

there's smoke, there's fire

Happy Cycler
That MDG response to babylulu was almost a year ago already?!

Damn.

Sherbet Head
I think they're gonna drop it and dip. Don't know when, but something is telling me that they're done playing games.

Eagle Minded
I think the over/under for an announcement is July.

Eagle Minded
preparation for a dive.

Eagle Minded
ihmeauto wrote:The 9th is a friday this year. Would be nice to have something for that day, but Warp probably wont because of Squid's album release that day.

Warp (and basically every other label) typically don't make major announcements on Friday. Although hints and murmurs may occur on a weekend (BoC RSD, Aphex blimp, etc.) the big news and reveals will only ever happen from Mondays to Thursdays.

In other news, I noticed yesterday that OPN re-confirmed 2023 as the release date for his new LP, so this may also be dropping between Squid and Kwes.

Dayvan Cowboy
tonx wrote:Image

That gif is astounding, a quick info stamp of just a few facets of life on Earth. Chaleur humaine.

Eagle Minded
What tweets did they like?

Dayvan Cowboy
Sherbet Head wrote:

Warp (and basically every other label) typically don't make major announcements on Friday. Although hints and murmurs may occur on a weekend (BoC RSD, Aphex blimp, etc.) the big news and reveals will only ever happen from Mondays to Thursdays.

In other news, I noticed yesterday that OPN re-confirmed 2023 as the release date for his new LP, so this may also be dropping between Squid and Kwes.

I hope this is a repeat of 2013 when BOC and OPN dropped albums very close to each other. Both were big staples in their catalog too.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
tonx wrote:Image

Aliens vibin

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Sherbet Head wrote:

I hope this is a repeat of 2013 when BOC and OPN dropped albums very close to each other. Both were big staples in their catalog too.

Fingers are crossed!

Crazy to think that Dan has put out 6 albums (if you include the Safdie Bros soundtracks) since the last BoC release, and he's not even someone I'd particularly consider to be prolific. Our Scotsmen be slacking :D

Helios wrote:What tweets did they like?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada