GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
^^^^ this would be optimal after the months of finding meaning in nothing lol. The hunts been fun, but wholly self serving

Dayvan Cowboy
Not only that. I remember he album felt somehow sad almost tragic at the time it was released. But somehow also comforting. It is also felt honest. So everything that went in to that release campaign felt natural and not forced. First april arg. The official announcemt. Then release. And then their represses. For the first time listeners, like my self, this was a perfect storm to be introduced in to their music and e-community.

Dayvan Cowboy
PerniciousKnid wrote:The top of a hexagon - rising above the horizon line.

Invert the image - you get a turquoise hexagon sun [rising or setting]???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be cool if this was either symbolic of BOC rising out of the darkness or finally setting on the cold earth for the last time.

I'm down either way. Just as long as I can finally be around to see my favorite band in action :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
I thought the TH campaign was more down to the label and marketing company, not something BoC themselves had planned out,they just gave the OK for it to marketed this way.

Eg that video aired on adult swim isn't a Hexagon Sun production or anything.

New Seed
A couple of peeps have mentioned a possible live return for the boys - unlikely, but you never know.

It would be really unlucky for them to finally plan to return to a stage somewhere this year, after such a gap. To work up a cool show, light display and imagery - and then when they were on the point of announcing it, they got caught out by Covid like the rest of the planet.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
I will say this, BOC kind of dug themselves in a hole with their great Tomorrow's Harvest campaign. Because now I feel there's a lot of obligation for them to do some amazing, cryptic campaign again. I think they've crossed the "event horizon" of releasing things and can't go back lol

This isn't the first time they've felt dug in either. Reading this, I was reminded of an interview they did around the release of the Campfire Headphase.

Marcus: We realized that there are some people who would listen to our records but instead of listening to the music they would start looking for some hidden things immediately.

Mike: People will look for secret things now in this record even if there aren't any.

https://bocpages.org/wiki/The_Downtempo_Duo

Might as well apply this to their release campaigns.

Speculation + time = endless rumination

Dayvan Cowboy
outhudd wrote:I thought the TH campaign was more down to the label and marketing company, not something BoC themselves had planned out,they just gave the OK for it to marketed this way.

Eg that video aired on adult swim isn't a Hexagon Sun production or anything.

They absolutely had a major hand in developing the Tomorrow's Harvest ARG. They talked in interviews about how they were inspired to do it by wanting to recreate the excitement of discovering new music, and discussed how they had friends helping them out with it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hi Twoism. It's been a while since I last posted (though I have been lurking a lot more since Societas!)

Am I reading too much into this tweet, do you think?

https://twitter.com/Marcissist/status/1 ... 9449551880

Eagle Minded
Would they give a promo box set to someone from pitchfork ahead of time?

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:Would they give a promo box set to someone from pitchfork ahead of time?

As it happens, it definitely isn't BoC and I was just silly and overexcited :oops:

Hope you're all well at Twoism, either way!

Posts Quantity
Treefingers wrote:
Davism wrote:Would they give a promo box set to someone from pitchfork ahead of time?

As it happens, it definitely isn't BoC and I was just silly and overexcited :oops:

Hope you're all well at Twoism, either way!
Who is it then?

These are the only two box sets coming out I remember reading about.

“Elton John is reaching deep into the vault with Jewel Box, a new, super-sized collection of rare and unreleased material November 13”.

“The 10-CD Neil Young Archives, Volume 2: 1972-1976 box set will be released on November 20”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherbet Head
"Part of why this tweet is too cryptic now is I thought the name of this box was just BOX. But it is actually "(BAND NAME) BOX." So maybe that makes it easier to figure out. Or maybe I should just say it's by Pylon."

he added this a little bit ago as a reply

Dayvan Cowboy
In for a penny in for a pound though, I might look around for any evidence that Pylon is actually a FRONT for BoC. I mean, look at their name, for starters.

Boqurant
Treefingers wrote:In for a penny in for a pound though, I might look around for any evidence that Pylon is actually a FRONT for BoC. I mean, look at their name, for starters.

As a resident of Athens, GA, where Pylon is from...no.

Posts Quantity
northernlite wrote:"Part of why this tweet is too cryptic now is I thought the name of this box was just BOX. But it is actually "(BAND NAME) BOX." So maybe that makes it easier to figure out. Or maybe I should just say it's by Pylon."

he added this a little bit ago as a reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlXVfNRVLEM
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
Don't get your hopes up for the SKAM set this Saturday. They replied to a question on that Instagram post asking if this had anything to do with BoC.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGsNLXPgvpy/

Sherbet Head
Really respectful reply. They could have left it silent or been coy about it giving the illusion that there might be and gaining listeners.
Respect to Skam. I wouldn't have tuned in this week anyway as i'm out but The others I did listen to were rad regardless.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Yeah, I was surprised (and impressed) about how forthcoming and gracious they were.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hmm, so the mystery release? What does everyone think that is?

A friend of mine said that BOC have only done standalone releases (they tend to be distant from the Warp crowd) so it probably isn't the mystery release on Beatink.

I can see that. I hope it's not the case, but it's definitely a realistic and thoughtful way to look at it. Especially since a BOC release is going to be a HUGE event, (at least for the fans.)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
The longer the ?????? is up, the more I think it's them. That said, I can picture them just waiting it out until next year to try to separate themselves like you said.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada