GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I'm just wondering if they are removing channels/comments for a clean slate or to see if we notice. I can't get over how banal and strange this activity feels.

Sherbet Head
Davism wrote:I'm just wondering if they are removing channels/comments for a clean slate or to see if we notice. I can't get over how banal and strange this activity feels.

Spoiler: show
phpBB [media]

Skip to about 2:10 if the timecode doesn't work lmao
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Lol

Boqurant
The link from BoC YouTube channel to their Bleep page is no longer working.

Eagle Minded
Strange. Their page is still up on bleep though.

Dayvan Cowboy
Honey, I shrunk the activity. Which therein created more activity.

Boards, you just cannae win. :lol:

Friendly Stranger
Fredd-E wrote:
shayjakespeare wrote:I visited the featured channels page on 21st Nov and I can confirm the channels were still there.

This is interesting news. Are you absolutely certain? Browser history check?

Yup. 22:29 to be exact.

Dayvan Cowboy
This subforum sometimes:

phpBB [media]
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Love the confirmation bias going on here sometimes lol

Please elaborate.

Just referring to like.. Boards post a new YouTube comment = must mean album is coming

Boards delete a YouTube comment = must mean album is coming lol

That's all

Sherbet Head
Was just reading their interview 'nice melodies from nice people'

They say "we have an agreement (with warp) that we can continue to release material on other labels, but not under that name (Boards of Canada)"

So I'm wondering if maybe there has been a contractual issue with warp regarding the promotion of Hell Interface via the BoC moniker?

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:Was just reading their interview 'nice melodies from nice people'

They say "we have an agreement (with warp) that we can continue to release material on other labels, but not under that name (Boards of Canada)"

So I'm wondering if maybe there has been a contractual issue with warp regarding the promotion of Hell Interface via the BoC moniker?

The scary part is that they might already be releasing music under names and we don't know about it.

Sherbet Head
demo wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Was just reading their interview 'nice melodies from nice people'

The scary part is that they might already be releasing music under names and we don't know about it.

Yeah, they said in an interview circa '98 that they had upcoming music on a skam compilation but we wouldn't know it was them because they' d be using another alias, this has probably been happening for years yet I don't think we are any wiser as to what they're other alias could be besides hell interface!

Sherbet Head
With all the copyright information available online it might be quite easy these days to cross check artist names on skam compilations

Sherbet Head
Forgive me, Just realised it was Hell Interface they were referring to but they may have other aliases.. who knows

This might explain why the BoC YouTube channel removed HI as a featured channel. It however does not explain why the HI YouTube channel still features the BoC channel. This could of course imply they (whoever manages all the web accounts) simply forgot to adjust the HI YouTube account.

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:With all the copyright information available online it might be quite easy these days to cross check artist names on skam compilations

Yes, although it's possible to get music copywrited to an alias. Pain in the arse if you get into legal disputes with it but people do it

Friendly Stranger
Fredd-E wrote:

This might explain why the BoC YouTube channel removed HI as a featured channel. It however does not explain why the HI YouTube channel still features the BoC channel. This could of course imply they (whoever manages all the web accounts) simply forgot to adjust the HI YouTube account.

If warp didn't want HI involved with BOC, then why would they use the youtube account for the tomorrow's harvest campaign?

Sherbet Head
Ah interesting must have slipped by me. What channel did they use and for what?

Friendly Stranger
luminousdusk wrote:Ah interesting must have slipped by me. What channel did they use and for what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY3ByVGxmQk

Sherbet Head
Ah of course.. Good point..

I'll shall be back with a new theory soonish..

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada