GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I think that one is still up in the air

Dayvan Cowboy
I think as of now, the only thing I'm interested in are the Skam Broadcasts since BOC are actually on that label. They're probably nothing too, but eh, the space stuff at the end made me want to tune in next week and see what's up.

Looking forward to that and if it is nothing, I'm going to enjoy hours of great music. Win/Win situation! :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Still up in the air. Nobody has taken credit for Prohibited Broadcasting. No comments, replies or anything.

Prohibited Broadcasting is different in the weird metadata in the source info for each video - such as pictured below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts Quantity
Anybody with more technology knowledge know why Boards of Canada Oirectine from twoism would appear in the metadata of Prohibited Broadcasting YouTube video?

Eagle Minded
dp wrote:Don't give Geogandhi any ideas

Feckin cool avatar mate.

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:Anybody with more technology knowledge know why Boards of Canada Oirectine from twoism would appear in the metadata of Prohibited Broadcasting YouTube video?

I know you can set tags for videos on YouTube. This is likely a fake, using BoC keywords to expand the reach.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
drixlin wrote:
PerniciousKnid wrote:Anybody with more technology knowledge know why Boards of Canada Oirectine from twoism would appear in the metadata of Prohibited Broadcasting YouTube video?

I know you can set tags for videos on YouTube. This is likely a fake, using BoC keywords to expand the reach.
I thought these were the search tags?Image

Eagle Minded
What's after the "13 hours ago 5 minutes, " in the meta data screenshot? (Likely on the next line)
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Friendly Stranger
PerniciousKnid wrote:
drixlin wrote:

I thought these were the search tags?Image

It seems that the tags have been changed now:

Eagle Minded
There’s an interesting comment on the video tying it into space and a turquoise RBG color as well.

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:I think as of now, the only thing I'm interested in are the Skam Broadcasts since BOC are actually on that label.

They are not. They were, but now they are under contract with Warp. Labels don’t like to share.

Dayvan Cowboy
KoA wrote:
Echelon wrote:I think as of now, the only thing I'm interested in are the Skam Broadcasts since BOC are actually on that label.

They are not. They were, but now they are under contract with Warp. Labels don’t like to share.

Would them being under contract with Warp prohibit them from releasing something under the Hell Interface moniker on SKAM?

Eagle Minded
dp wrote:
KoA wrote:

Would them being under contract with Warp prohibit them from releasing something under the Hell Interface moniker on SKAM?

Unless the contract stated that very specific detail, no I don't believe so. A Hell Interface release on another label like Skam seems possible.

Friendly Stranger
HI could theoretically happen, but since the bros have no current relationship with SKAM that we know of, it seems unlikely to me idk

Eagle Minded
KoA wrote:HI could theoretically happen, but since the bros have no current relationship with SKAM that we know of, it seems unlikely to me idk

They still to this day have a fairly close relationship with autechre (Skam's owners), as far as I can tell, just based on how Sean still talks about them and respects them.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:
KoA wrote:HI could theoretically happen, but since the bros have no current relationship with SKAM that we know of, it seems unlikely to me idk

They still to this day have a fairly close relationship with autechre (Skam's owners), as far as I can tell, just based on how Sean still talks about them and respects them.

I had no idea that Autechre owned Skam, but honestly now I really could see the radio show featuring some second party teases for BOC while Autechre and OPN are released this month on Warp. Or maybe if we're lucky, a live set. (Which they've supposedly been planning for "special circumstances" for years.) They're actually friends so this kind of stuff wouldn't actually be stepping on Autechre's toes I'm pretty sure.

Then again, this is me being overly hopeful. And If I've learned anything about BOC and leads/hunches over the last four years is that 98% of them are false.

Nice avatar btw! The final image gives me hope about the future! :)

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:

I don't think Autechre own SKAM...

Eagle Minded
There was a new like on Twitter about new music.

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:There was a new like on Twitter about new music.

"pls interact if we can expect new music in the future..." :mrgreen:
sooner than later hopefully.
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm textbook definition crazy fan so this statement means nothing, but I always get a little happy when they do that. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada