GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
mechanismj wrote:UNFOUNDED SPECULATION INCOMING!!!

When this thread hits 666 pages we will know more about BoC's next release.

Also, does anyone have a direct link to that page with the ????? on it? I can't seem to find it.

http://beatink.com/user_data/warp2020.php

Happy Cycler
Qaptain wrote:
mechanismj wrote:UNFOUNDED SPECULATION INCOMING!!!

When this thread hits 666 pages we will know more about BoC's next release.

Also, does anyone have a direct link to that page with the ????? on it? I can't seem to find it.

http://beatink.com/user_data/warp2020.php

Ohhh. It would help if I scroll down :roll:

Thanks!

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
demo wrote:
Safe bet, I really hope it's in line with something like the Cheetah ep

Wow, if I actually bet on this outcome, I would have lost money. But I'm happy since that actually leaves some possibility open for something BOC related.

The chances of it being BOC related went up from 0.1% to 0.2% :lol:

Yeah I was wrong, I'm still happy with the anouncement, I like the Bass Station ii and plan to get this AFX version when it becomes re-stocked,

With that said it could still happen, I'm now hoping that maybe we get something on October 30th when the product launches

Posts Quantity
Davism wrote:It's kinda like when Ralphie from the Christmas Story decodes the message and it says drink your Olvaltine.

Dude, yes!! Hahaha

There are also some fans who have that “you’ll shoot your eye out” vibe, too.

Eagle Minded
“According to my math (someone please correct me if I’m wrong) it was 7 years, 231 days between the release of The Campfire Headphase and Tomorrow’s Harvest. It has now been 7 years, 137 days since Tomorrow’s Harvest. Meaning we have 94 days until it is exceeded the last wait. Weirdly enough, 94 days from now is January 22nd, 2021. Which has been floating around as a potential release date, as it was the date of the last known transmission of the satellite carrying the Pioneer Plaque. BoC recently changed the banner for their Hell Interface (their alias before BoC) to the Plaque. Holy shit this is getting weird.”

Someone posted this on Reddit, kinda cool math stuffs

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:“According to my math (someone please correct me if I’m wrong) it was 7 years, 231 days between the release of The Campfire Headphase and Tomorrow’s Harvest. It has now been 7 years, 137 days since Tomorrow’s Harvest. Meaning we have 94 days until it is exceeded the last wait. Weirdly enough, 94 days from now is January 22nd, 2021. Which has been floating around as a potential release date, as it was the date of the last known transmission of the satellite carrying the Pioneer Plaque. BoC recently changed the banner for their Hell Interface (their alias before BoC) to the Plaque. Holy shit this is getting weird.”

Okay yeah, that is kinda freaky...

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:
Davism wrote:It's kinda like when Ralphie from the Christmas Story decodes the message and it says drink your Olvaltine.

Dude, yes!! Hahaha

There are also some fans who have that “you’ll shoot your eye out” vibe, too.

Oh man, that is so true.... we gotta keep going with this. Maybe the flagpole was when we all got "Rick Rolled" over the summer?

Friendly Stranger
As my birthday is the end of January and I've typically seen releases come out around then, I'll be happy with this.
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day

Dayvan Cowboy
I think it's funny how they'd actually wait the same amount of time to release something if this proves true.

Might actually be the most BOC thing BOC ever did if we take into account their obsession with numbers
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:“According to my math (someone please correct me if I’m wrong) it was 7 years, 231 days between the release of The Campfire Headphase and Tomorrow’s Harvest. It has now been 7 years, 137 days since Tomorrow’s Harvest. Meaning we have 94 days until it is exceeded the last wait. Weirdly enough, 94 days from now is January 22nd, 2021. Which has been floating around as a potential release date, as it was the date of the last known transmission of the satellite carrying the Pioneer Plaque. BoC recently changed the banner for their Hell Interface (their alias before BoC) to the Plaque. Holy shit this is getting weird.”

Finally, some numerology that makes some sort of sense!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
Definitely interesting! They chose the Pioneer Plaque for a reason right!?

Was it just to say hi? Which seems a bit thin... Perhaps there is something more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Cycler
Echelon wrote:I think it's funny how they'd actually wait the same amount of time to release something if this proves true.

Might actually be the most BOC thing BOC ever did if we take into account their obsession with numbers

It will be the day before that. That way they can say the wait was officially shorter as they claimed it would be!

Eagle Minded
Also of note: January 22nd is a Friday.

That's new-release day in North America, at least.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Sherbet Head
There are still loads of possible theories floating about, we're finding weight in every single one because we want to find it so bad. Which one though, if any? I like it, just the "oh well" feeling when a dates pass by is harder in the winter months when SAD is rife.

On another note, I am nearly finished with my MHTRTC out take track. few days on fine tuning and we'll see.
I'll make a new thread when it's done.
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:
Echelon wrote:I think it's funny how they'd actually wait the same amount of time to release something if this proves true.

It will be the day before that. That way they can say the wait was officially shorter as they claimed it would be!

Yes. They did say they wouldn’t take as long!

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:

By the way I also just saw the adult swim event on November 13–notice the owl standing on geometric shapes on the top left. I don’t watch adult swim, but maybe someone here does—does this relate to any of their shows? Someone should watch this event for the chance of a new ad for BOC.

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGh_F67J-Ho ... z855dwftjk

Sherbet Head
quick google shows that adult swim are all over owls.
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:I like when you do posts like this Hope Keeper! Just really fun to read :D

There was a quote that I read recently while perusing those interviews that really stood out to me concerning their process:

"As they're at pains to point out, the long gaps between releases aren't because they're lazy or aloof, it's because of the perfectionism of their craft. Six months of 2005 alone were spent on post-producing the album to get idea-germs into a state they call finished."

I almost want to think that this banner was a sign that they're starting this "post-producing" process or even nearing the end of it. That's why we've been seeing more likes, the banner, mysterious ????? releases and even weird BOC like phenomena in AMKS and Adult Swim.

Thanx, I hope so man... :}

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote:
mechanismj wrote:

By the way I also just saw the adult swim event on November 13–notice the owl standing on geometric shapes on the top left. I don’t watch adult swim, but maybe someone here does—does this relate to any of their shows? Someone should watch this event for the chance of a new ad for BOC.

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGh_F67J-Ho ... z855dwftjk

November 13 is the release date for ABPOITC on the promo postcard: https://bocpages.org/wiki/File:Boards-o ... c-back.jpg

I've always been curious whether the 13th, the 17th or the 27th is considered the official release date for this album.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Just to put it out there, Nov 13th is the last day Mars is in retrograde. I believe they had posted a video on Instagram in September, the day it went into retrograde.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada