GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Unreleased 1999 - 2006 please. Releasing 3 seconds of Spiro was just an obnoxious thing to do. Old Tunes are interesting but really junky experiments (((IMO))). No thanks. Acid Memories is a good record title though.

To no one : please, do not implore "think of the fans that die waiting" guilt trip stuff here -- not really said yet but veering in that direction -- that's totally wack and it occurs with every album. Thank you.

Dayvan Cowboy
Glen_Glog wrote:

To no one : please, do not implore "think of the fans that die waiting" guilt trip stuff here -- not really said yet but veering in that direction -- that's totally wack and it occurs with every album. Thank you.

My apologies if it sounded like it was heading in that direction. Wasn't a guilt trip I promise. More I just wanted to share some positivity in these dire circumstances

BOC can finish whenever they want, friend, but it would be preferable if they do it soon :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Not at all -- I was just expecting it to happen soon !!

I would also like to be subverted with new material for that is where the magic happens -- like Jacquard Causeway which I was not expecting at all and am still trying to wrap my head around.

Dayvan Cowboy
Glen_Glog wrote:Not at all -- I was just expecting it to happen soon !!

No problem. TBH, I've probably said some excitable things on here over the past two weeks but I tried to relate it to the boys' art rather than just express pure angst.

You're totally right about Spiro. I heard from a friend that BOC have a very sarcastic sense of humor (no idea if it's true or not) but Spiro totally fits in. I'm just going to pretend it was a teaser for that eventually boxset.

Sherbet Head
Glen_Glog wrote:Old Tunes are interesting but really junky experiments (((IMO))).

This is the New release speculation thread. Not Controversial BoC opinions :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
https://website.informer.com/cosecha-transmisiones.com

According to this site, Cosecha Transmissions expires on 4/23/2020 exactly seven years from when it was first set up. (4/23/2013). Kind of amazing that the site was set to expire right when the pandemic came.

But someone said Warp renewed it? I'm still wondering if this Cosecha Transmissions domain will be used for the next phase of Tomorrow's Harvest. Who knows.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:https://website.informer.com/cosecha-transmisiones.com

According to this site, Cosecha Transmissions expires on 4/23/2020 exactly seven years from when it was first set up. (4/23/2013). Kind of amazing that the site was set to expire right when the pandemic came.

But someone said Warp renewed it? I'm still wondering if this Cosecha Transmissions domain will be used for the next phase of Tomorrow's Harvest. Who knows.

Updated on 2020-03-23 to expire on 2021-04-23 instead. It was renewed exactly a month before the expiry which means it was probably due to a notification or automatic renewal. I think the site was only exclusively for the viral promotion campaign of TH, and if there was a new ARG I think it would probably be something different knowing them.

Dayvan Cowboy
sixtyniner wrote:Updated on 2020-03-23 to expire on 2021-04-23 instead. It was renewed exactly a month before the expiry which means it was probably due to a notification or automatic renewal. I think the site was only exclusively for the viral promotion campaign of TH, and if there was a new ARG I think it would probably be something different knowing them.

I agree with this, just looking for hints of anything in the future. I've finally come to appreciate Tomorrow's Harvest in all of its pessimism and lamenting, but we need a completely different, positive album more than anything now.

Eagle Minded
Davie Addison just confirmed the title for "Buckie High" was named after Buckie High School. Don't think we knew that yet!
no information at this moment in time

Sherbet Head
Roswell wrote:Davie Addison just confirmed the title for "Buckie High" was named after Buckie High School. Don't think we knew that yet!

Wow. you've got to visit that town on google map. Only one thing comes in my mind. Stones and bricks :mrgreen:

It's really really strange. everything looks the same. Really nice looking though ngl.
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
Old

Eagle Minded
TheStatPow wrote:
Roswell wrote:Davie Addison just confirmed the title for "Buckie High" was named after Buckie High School. Don't think we knew that yet!

Wow. you've got to visit that town on google map. Only one thing comes in my mind. Stones and bricks :mrgreen:

It's really really strange. everything looks the same. Really nice looking though ngl.

That's Great Britain for you!

Friendly Stranger
Just noticed that BOC is featured on the may issue of Wire magazine:
https://www.thewire.co.uk/issues/435

The write-up doesn't specify what it is though.

Eagle Minded
ihmeauto wrote:Just noticed that BOC is featured on the may issue of Wire magazine:
[url]<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="https://www.thewire.co.uk/issues/435[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>thewire</span><span>.</span><span>co</span><span>.</span><span>uk</span><span>/</span><span>issues</span><span>/</span><span>435</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

It's just an article/review of In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country.

Dayvan Cowboy
bungler666 wrote:
ihmeauto wrote:Just noticed that BOC is featured on the may issue of Wire magazine:
[url]<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="https://www.thewire.co.uk/issues/435[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>thewire</span><span>.</span><span>co</span><span>.</span><span>uk</span><span>/</span><span>issues</span><span>/</span><span>435</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

It's just an article/review of In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country.

That's still awesome that someone is thinking of them in 2020. What's the article about? Does it relate to the pandemic and how we should all prefer country living despite the weird cult things that can occur when you're isolated from society?

Btw, it's easy to forget in these times but this year is the 20th anniversary of Beautiful Place in the Country. I really hope they celebrate the anniversary somehow. ABPitC is a favorite of mine. I call it "The Road to Geogaddi" and we can see how things evolved from placid and unsettling to active and unsettling after 9/11.

Eagle Minded
I haven't read it, I just looked at the first 4 page preview for the magazine, the index

Dayvan Cowboy
bungler666 wrote:I haven't read it, I just looked at the first 4 page preview for the magazine, the index

Ah ok. Honestly, I think I might look into getting it. I've always wanted to own a magazine with BOC in it, and mentioned on the cover no less.

But I figure it has to do with the anniversary. People love the Music Has The Right through Geogaddi era. It's the most cherished era of the band. Can't really argue with that either.

Dayvan Cowboy
I made this to be hyperbolic and silly on reddit. Thought I'd share it here just to make people laugh.

Sherbet Head
That would work if the jewels were just rocks the closer you looked.

"Richard is not the Messiah, he a very naughty boy"
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:That would work if the jewels were just rocks the closer you looked.

"Richard is not the Messiah, he a very naughty boy"

A favorite reviewer of mine said something similar. He doesn't believe Aphex is the Zeus of electronica but rather the Hermes.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada