GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

As with MySpace (remember that?) they likely joined to stop others hijacking their name.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
This seems like a good time to reveal than Opothecary was just taking the piss. He said as much in a private message back when he first started the numerology posts people seem to exclusively remember him for. Sort of a Poe's Law for Boards fans. He tried to get me to go along for a bit, but I couldn't keep up with all the posts. Shame he isn't around anymore. What ever happened to that guy?

Posts Quantity
There must be a reason why I got drawn back to this place... Let's give it another year or two.
whooosh

Dayvan Cowboy
PadraïK wrote:There must be a reason why I got drawn back to this place... Let's give it another year or two.

Only words from Hex Sun: Sit tight :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

zeoevil wrote:This seems like a good time to reveal than Opothecary was just taking the piss. He said as much in a private message back when he first started the numerology posts people seem to exclusively remember him for. Sort of a Poe's Law for Boards fans. He tried to get me to go along for a bit, but I couldn't keep up with all the posts. Shame he isn't around anymore. What ever happened to that guy?

Underrated post.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
zeoevil wrote:This seems like a good time to reveal than Opothecary was just taking the piss. He said as much in a private message back when he first started the numerology posts people seem to exclusively remember him for. Sort of a Poe's Law for Boards fans. He tried to get me to go along for a bit, but I couldn't keep up with all the posts. Shame he isn't around anymore. What ever happened to that guy?

Phenomenal piss-takery TBFH.

Eagle Minded
zeoevil wrote:Shame he isn't around anymore. What ever happened to that guy?

He was actually Mike and/or Marcus and had to get back to the bunker to finish off whatever they are releasing :mrgreen:
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Friendly Stranger
Anyone see the new video posted on the Warp Instagram? Not too sure if it’s for Boards of Canada, but it definitely reminds me of BOC.

Edit:never mind looks to be for OPN

Eagle Minded
Walkingcloud wrote:Anyone see the new video posted on the Warp Instagram? Not too sure if it’s for Boards of Canada, but it definitely reminds me of BOC.

Edit:never mind looks to be for OPN

I thought a similar thing, the teaser gave me an instant BoC vibe. Really excited to hear what OPN does next.

Posts Quantity
Negamuse wrote:I don't think invoking Opothecary is a great argument for numerology tbh, that went on for months and the predictions were always wildly off. I mean, the ones that were ahead of time "something will happen on this date" rather than starting from the time and date something happened and working backwards to find the pattern.

The social media likes are an irregular pulse that says BoC isn't totally dead, putting any more into them is overstating our importance in the artist-fan relationship AND the degree to which BoC even do this "coded" stuff.

I know I bang on about it like a killjoy probably too much but whoever said "qanon" was right, there's a point you over tune yourself to this stuff and suddenly everything is a signal. I know it's all in fun and everything but I really worry about what that does to people.

Preach!

Dayvan Cowboy
tbh, the only reason i'm coming up with theories like that is because i'm excited and hopefully for the future. unlike the lot of you, I've never been around for an official release and for it to actually happen, that's huge for me. they are my favorite band. that's all.

that post about opothecary wasn't completely serious either and it was intended to point out (as a joke, I may add) that a lot of people are now doing what he was doing a few years ago. I don't care if he was being factious because it's become for a lot of people, something fun to do in the community.

but honestly, I think i'm just going to keep to myself now until something concrete drops. I think my enthusiasm is getting read as fantacism or delusion so I'd rather not dig myself deeper and just wait we have further reason to be happy. just know that I am neither a fanatic or a crazy, just someone who loves music and has had a lot of great memories listening to boards.

so yeah, peace til the boc transmission :)

Eagle Minded
I think your enthusiasm is great bud. I mean, it’s literally hurting no one, and it’s entertaining from my end. Better than Twoism stagnation until something “real” happens. In other words, go nuts, because you may actually stumble across something, and wouldn’t that be super satisfying?

Eagle Minded
Don’t feel bad about loving the things you love. What’s life without a little obsession here and there. At the end of the day it’s two dudes making tunes :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:I think your enthusiasm is great bud. I mean, it’s literally hurting no one, and it’s entertaining from my end. Better than Twoism stagnation until something “real” happens. In other words, go nuts, because you may actually stumble across something, and wouldn’t that be super satisfying?

I appreciate these kinds words! Literally this is all I'm doing. For some reason I just think it's fun to see if I'm able to predict what's going to happen and when. Sometimes you hit a dumb, joke theory like the Opothecary one but I agree with what everyone said about it.

Thanks though. I needed to hear that :)

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:tbh, the only reason i'm coming up with theories like that is because i'm excited and hopefully for the future. unlike the lot of you, I've never been around for an official release and for it to actually happen, that's huge for me. they are my favorite band. that's all.

that post about opothecary wasn't completely serious either and it was intended to point out (as a joke, I may add) that a lot of people are now doing what he was doing a few years ago. I don't care if he was being factious because it's become for a lot of people, something fun to do in the community.

but honestly, I think i'm just going to keep to myself now until something concrete drops. I think my enthusiasm is getting read as fantacism or delusion so I'd rather not dig myself deeper and just wait we have further reason to be happy. just know that I am neither a fanatic or a crazy, just someone who loves music and has had a lot of great memories listening to boards.

Man, I feel you. I've been a BoC fan since TCH. I was obviously stoked for TH but I wasn't invested in the ARG, just a lot going on in my life at the time. Looking back, I regret not spending a little time looking into it. I found out they premiered TH at Lake Dolores Waterpark, I was super bummed out about it too because it's only like a few hours from where I live. If I had known, I would have been there. So, I refuse to make that mistake again. Who knows when that opportunity will present itself again you know?

I guess that's what brought me to Twoism in the first place, I'm want to be in the know from now on. Cause I ain't missing another chance to see them live.

I encourage your enthusiasm about theories and hype surrounding a new release my dude, it's a good time to be a BoC fan and it's fun to be a part of this community after just being a passive observer for almost 15 years lol.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Dayvan Cowboy
happy_cycling wrote:
Echelon wrote:tbh, the only reason i'm coming up with theories like that is because i'm excited and hopefully for the future. unlike the lot of you, I've never been around for an official release and for it to actually happen, that's huge for me. they are my favorite band. that's all.

Man, I feel you. I've been a BoC fan since TCH. I was obviously stoked for TH but I wasn't invested in the ARG, just a lot going on in my life at the time. Looking back, I regret not spending a little time looking into it. I found out they premiered TH at Lake Dolores Waterpark, I was super bummed out about it too because it's only like a few hours from where I live. If I had known, I would have been there. So, I refuse to make that mistake again. Who knows when that opportunity will present itself again you know?

I guess that's what brought me to Twoism in the first place, I'm want to be in the know from now on. Cause I ain't missing another chance to see them live.

I encourage your enthusiasm about theories and hype surrounding a new release my dude, it's a good time to be a BoC fan and it's fun to be a part of this community after just being a passive observer for almost 15 years lol.

I became a serious fan in 2016 right after the two remixes but then I stopped going on the website in 2017 because I figured nothing was happening and I missed the release and hype of Sometimes! So I've never been there for anything that dropped other than Societas and the banner even if I've been a fan since for 4 years now!

This definitely doesn't compare to missing out on the TH arg which I feel was a love letter to the fans and probably reflects a lot of goodwill on the part of Warp and the band. Even for a pessimistic album, you could tell they really used the love everyone still had towards the band to launch a successful ARG.

Thank you, you and Navaru for the encouragement! I think because of you two I'll just tone it down but still drop in if I ever think of anything really good.

I also have a feeling...just a feeling that they will perform live again. They said in 2013 if they were to perform live again, it would be under special circumstances. In 2020, those circumstances are presenting themselves with how people are more glued to their computers than ever. I feel they might do some kind of cryptic broadcast at some point. It'll be a really good day if something like that happens :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh man a "cryptic broadcast" would be so fucking on point!

I really do think we will be getting new musics soon. I can't help but think that the new banner is 2020's version of the black box.

I enjoy your posts, Ech. Keep posting.

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:Oh man a "cryptic broadcast" would be so fucking on point!

I really do think we will be getting new musics soon. I can't help but think that the new banner is 2020's version of the black box.

I enjoy your posts, Ech. Keep posting.

I was almost thinking Societas could've been a dry run for them. I can imagine them doing another radio show similar to it but with their own music.

For someone who came almost after the black box, what exactly was it? And was it ever disputed by MDG?

And thanks, I appreciate it! I'm happy some don't think I'm just adding white noise to the thread :D

Dayvan Cowboy
If I remember correctly, one day a black box appeared in the discography section of their old official website. This was in 2011 or 2012, I think. We all assumed it was a placeholder for the new release.

dp wrote:If I remember correctly, one day a black box appeared in the discography section of their old official website. This was in 2011 or 2012, I think. We all assumed it was a placeholder for the new release.

1st March 2011. Every time I wince at you scamps getting excited about YouTube banners or whatever I remind myself that, not all that long ago, it was me getting excited before I became tired and jaded ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7862&hilit=Black

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada