GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Skyraider wrote:
Gazebo4 wrote: Also I don't think that they necessarily prescribe solely to the perspective they present with Tomorrow's Harvest. It is just a perspective, a theme. And social commentary described with sounds instead of the usual words or imagery.

This. The album is filled with references to false narratives, deception, and cognitive dead ends. (“White Cyclosa”, “chemtrails”, “America Under Siege”, “Telepath” (Stargate project).) This suggests that the doom and gloom of “Semena Mertvykh” might not be any more serious than a downer twist ending on a horror video.

weird , tho may agree. the world is a big play stage, no need to look very serious.

Friendly Stranger
demo wrote:BoC have been liking heaps of comments on instagram, has this been happening this whole time?

The account wasn't doing it initially, but ever since the last post (with the clap response) they've pretty much been liking positive comments on a rolling basis.

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:Geogaddi made a lot more sense to me after I looked into the whole Brach Dividians / Wako massacre thing

My apologies if this came off as disrespectful, what I mean that the darkness that Geogaddi presents is a lot clearer to me now that I educated myself with what happened between the Branch Davidians and the waco massacre event.
(Sorry, probably could have worded that original post better)

Dayvan Cowboy
Just because I love you all, I sent an inquiry to Bleep asking if the Boards of Canada Instagram they follow is real or not.

Unlike Warp (and PIC in this case,) they actually respond to questions. They even told me last year that there was "more to come" after WXAXRXP when I asked and sure enough, the WXAXRXP sessions were announced later that month.

I have a feeling it's real, but for those who need further proof this will put it to rest :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:Just because I love you all, I sent an inquiry to Bleep asking if the Boards of Canada Instagram they follow is real or not.

Unlike Warp (and PIC in this case,) they actually respond to questions. They even told me last year that there was "more to come" after WXAXRXP when I asked and sure enough, the WXAXRXP sessions were announced later that month.

I have a feeling it's real, but for those who need further proof this will put it to rest :)

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:Just because I love you all, I sent an inquiry to Bleep asking if the Boards of Canada Instagram they follow is real or not.

Pics or it didn’t happen ;)

Let’s all of us bombard bleep, warp and BoC on IG with with same exact question on the exact same day (September 21, 2020 = 70) so they all know there is a following on to them and waiting!? And also show those autechre fans they ain’t shit to BoC fans - lolol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
What am I missing here? So what if the IG is legit, do likes and little clapping hand emojis mean anything?

Boqurant
Helios wrote:What am I missing here? So what if the IG is legit, do likes and little clapping hand emojis mean anything?
Honestly they don’t mean much other than the brothers are still around in some capacity and are interacting with fans in some form.

Eagle Minded
Boc or whoever is behind their IG just yesterday liked my comment regarding the vocal drone in Macquarie Ridge. Still think this is a little odd considering they have always stated they hated that type of limelight and it really has no interest to them. A part of me still thinks it is wishful thinking from a Warp manager or something.

Friendly Stranger
I always thought there's no way BoC would actually take time to like random comments on Instagram, based on how they come across in interviews.
But of course, I can't know for sure.
Follow me on SoundCloud!
https://soundcloud.com/benji_musick

Eagle Minded
I'm sure it's been theorized before, but has the fact that the upcoming album might be called "Societas X" been staring us in the face since the WXAXRXP sessions? I would be really pleased if that were the case.

Posts Quantity
PerniciousKnid wrote:

Pics or it didn’t happen ;)

Let’s all of us bombard bleep, warp and BoC on IG with with same exact question on the exact same day (September 21, 2020 = 70) so they all know there is a following on to them and waiting!? And also show those autechre fans they ain’t shit to BoC fans - lolol

what the fuck? no, why the hell would i want to bombard an already extremely busy record label? do you want to wake up one day with a few hundred emails in your inbox asking the same question over and over? if anything that'll probably get them pissed.
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
I reckon the next video they'll upload to instagram will be Ready Let's Go.

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:

lol usually takes a day or so to respond after the inquiry. but they don't respond on weekends so we might have to wait until Monday.

But trust me, I'll post it if I get it. Just as I did with the post about the WXAXRXP sessions last year.

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:Boc or whoever is behind their IG just yesterday liked my comment regarding the vocal drone in Macquarie Ridge. Still think this is a little odd considering they have always stated they hated that type of limelight and it really has no interest to them. A part of me still thinks it is wishful thinking from a Warp manager or something.

I still don't know why a Warp manager would deliberately mislead the public and get their hopes up if it were for nothing. Not saying it isn't someone from Warp liking all the stuff, but I don't believe it's for nothing. That's extremely unprofessional otherwise and most companies wouldn't do that. Consumerism is based on trust or else people don't buy from or support companies. If I found out Warp was lying to me about this, I'd be pretty annoyed and be less likely to buy from them in the future.

Happy 420 posts btw 8)

Posts Quantity
Y’all may enjoy this - but I think one person in here is going to enjoy it a whole lot more than the rest.

Catherine Fell - Geogandhi
Soul Flask - Sl Flk
Bigjimmy12- ??? Mystery person in here...

Bigjimmy12 turned into Bigjesse13 at the comment of “cringe”. (A popular comment as of late).

Now Bigjesse13 turned into Bigdimitri18 at the comment of “confirm”. (Another popular comment for Geo/C Fell/LATP).

Bigjimmy12 used “confirm” comment on the C Fell hoax to get his gig started...

08/06/2017 - Bigjimmy12 Joined YT.
08/25/2020 - Bigjimmy12 closes account.

09/08/2020 - bigjesse13 appears and posts “unknown” then a second video using the Bigjimmy12 “jellyfish” image.

09/11/2020 - bigdimitri18 appears with a “confirm” comment and posts “fretless” on the same day. Funny enough the video photo is the “clap” emoji used in IG and recently used by BoC - lol

Bigdimitri18 joined YT on 09/21/2015.

(I hinted at Bigjohnny14 next *but it was already taken*)...so sad... I was liking the “J” theme...

Bigjesse13- https://youtu.be/jXHeUvr1iXk
Bigdimitri18 - https://youtu.be/-u7l91LEVMo

Show me you love me and do “BigJeremy19” next ;)

Anybody got any thoughts!?

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
Soul_Slip wrote:Boc or whoever is behind their IG just yesterday liked my comment regarding the vocal drone in Macquarie Ridge. Still think this is a little odd considering they have always stated they hated that type of limelight and it really has no interest to them. A part of me still thinks it is wishful thinking from a Warp manager or something.

I still don't know why a Warp manager would deliberately mislead the public and get their hopes up if it were for nothing. Not saying it isn't someone from Warp liking all the stuff, but I don't believe it's for nothing. That's extremely unprofessional otherwise and most companies wouldn't do that. Consumerism is based on trust or else people don't buy from or support companies. If I found out Warp was lying to me about this, I'd be pretty annoyed and be less likely to buy from them in the future.

Happy 420 posts btw 8)

All the recent movement, i.e. Hell Interface and interactions/posts on insta is a pretty clear sign that something is happening. We know BoC and Warp are deliberate in their PR, and while nothing is concrete, I can safely say this isn't all for nothing. We just gotta be patient and let them do their thing and we can have a good time getting conspiratorial in the meantime.

I'm just excited to be a part of it this time around, because I remember when Cosecha Transmisiones was happening but I didn't get involved and I regret it all the time. Not gonna make that mistake again. 8)
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Sherbet Head
FOMOOBOCARG

Eagle Minded
Almost 100% sure I saw some guy on twitter saying he was Bigjimmy and was doing it to fuck with BoC fiends a couple days ago. I’ve been trying to find the comment but can’t track it down anymore.

Eagle Minded
Also, posted this on Reddit too, but Mars went into retrograde on 9/9, and it stays that way till the 13 of November. Fits the space theme idea, and Mars would obviously be next for colonization.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada