GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
It might be the new Com Truise album, In Decay Too, which was just announced today.

https://bleep.com/release/208082-com-tr ... -decay-too

In the press release it says:

"The sources of these tracks range from Soundcloud uploads to pieces made for Adult Swim’s Singles Club (‘Galactic Melt’)".

If it's anything like the original In Decay, it's still something to look forward too.

Eagle Minded
Knifeyspooney wrote:It might be the new Com Truise album, In Decay Too, which was just announced today.

https://bleep.com/release/208082-com-tr ... -decay-too

In the press release it says:

"The sources of these tracks range from Soundcloud uploads to pieces made for Adult Swim’s Singles Club (‘Galactic Melt’)".

If it's anything like the original In Decay, it's still something to look forward too.

Agree, sounds more like Com Truise when I really pay attention.

Eagle Minded
If it's Com Truise, then it's nice to finally get some progression, I get bored of that guys music very quickly but the thing AS posted sound really good! I also get lorn vibes, excited to see whatever it becomes, but... BoC does feel like a stretch, I hear the comparison, but... I'm not 100% convinced.

Eagle Minded
It could be Com Truise, but it has the weightiness of BoC. Would Adult Swim do something like this for CT?

Eagle Minded
Also, does this not sound like it could be analogous to Tomorrow's Harvest?

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:Also, does this not sound like it could be analogous to Tomorrow's Harvest?

For instance, listen to Gemini at the :44 second mark.

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Yeah but BoC don't have a patent on synth sounds slathered in effects, so... could be anything or anyone.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:Yeah but BoC don't have a patent on synth sounds slathered in effects, so... could be anything or anyone.

Sure, it could be wishful thinking on my part, but I think it sounds more like TH's than Com Truise.

Posts Quantity
I don't know what rarities of CT sound like, but that's peculiar. He's more synthwave, no? Doesn't fit the bill to me.

Wishful thinking I'm sure!

Dayvan Cowboy
Com Truise used to make music more akin to BoC, under (I believe) the Sarin Sunday and Airliner monikers. He used to post on here.

Does anyone have a link to the clip you all are talking about?

Eagle Minded
dp wrote:Com Truise used to make music more akin to BoC, under (I believe) the Sarin Sunday and Airliner monikers. He used to post on here.

look at Adult Swim's instagram post from yesterday with the smiley face.

Eagle Minded
Here's a direct link to the post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Posts Quantity
dp wrote:Com Truise used to make music more akin to BoC, under (I believe) the Sarin Sunday and Airliner monikers. He used to post on here.

Okay, that makes a bit more sense. I haven't heard any of his really old stuff.

I sent the post to a friend who is not an obsessed BoC fan and knows more of the CT discography and he said it sounded more like BoC to him.

Again, this is all just wishful thinking, and considering Ghostly just announced the new rarity release yesterday for CT, maybe it's a tie in.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sounds more like BoC than Com Truise to me. Whoever it is, I'd like to hear more!

Posts Quantity
demo wrote:If it's Com Truise, then it's nice to finally get some progression, I get bored of that guys music very quickly but the thing AS posted sound really good! I also get lorn vibes, excited to see whatever it becomes, but... BoC does feel like a stretch, I hear the comparison, but... I'm not 100% convinced.

I never say anything when Com Truise is brought up, but this finally feels like my opening:

I honestly feel Com Truise is the most overrated electronic act. I admire the sounds he gets from synths, but his arrangements often fall flat. I saw him do a “DJ set” that was just him playing different songs from his albums all the way through. Telefon Tel Aviv did a bangin techno set before CT that also involved live vocals, so there was a major drop-off. I know CT gets a lot of love, and I’ve listened to his albums quite a bunch, but that set really brought out the Tycho-ness of his music.

Sherbet Head
Kinda agree. He's done some nice enough stuff and I say this with no disrespect but there is a difference between an artist making music they naturally make and one that is trying very hard to aim for an aesthetic. I just can't get on with an artist when they seem to be chasing sounds and ultimately trends. While a few will most definitely come up with great music doing so, and I can appreciate those examples with the merit they deserve, I personally, choose to seek out artists who just do the only things their brain will let them.

Dayvan Cowboy
I think the only exception to that is when artists branch off into little sub-genres. Bibio is very BOC inspired, but he takes it in a whole other direction. In fact, Fi came out before Headphase so technically TCH is in debt to Fi. (Granted I prefer TCH, but that's because I prefer BOC's melodic sensibilities over Bibio as much as I like him)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
bibio has grown into his own voice, really rate him. I think he's doing the stuff he would naturally do, just he liked an aesthetic too, his own personality shone through and it's now his own. I don't feel he was doing a BoC at any point, BoC are just known for warbly shit and people get accused of copying when they do some warbles.

Aside from that, Ae's Sign is catalogued as warp cd329, maybe BoC are waiting for 333 or have warp slated too many releases in that gap?

Sherbet Head
Having a lot of CT stuff, Sarin Sunday and Airliner (and of course all available BoC), it sounds like TH.

Turning that Adult Swim smiley face upside down would look like a sky with snow flakes falling. Winter?? :?

Sherbet Head
Well, it does look like an eclipse, to which there is one Dec 14th.
Could be our date? :0

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/best-in ... t-18369489

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada