GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Moloch wrote:What if Covid-19 was actually released by the brothers as a physical follow-up to TH instead of an album?

Just hear me out, guys. What if the link to the new album is in the DNA of the virus and you have to catch it just to hear the first three songs?
mechanismj wrote:If so, it is hands down the suckiest thing they have ever released.

This is bait.

Eagle Minded
zeoevil wrote:Just hear me out, guys. What if the link to the new album is in the DNA of the virus and you have to catch it just to hear the first three songs?

If the world was ruled by EA, you get early access to the first 3 songs upon a positive test result - the rest of the album is either $9.99 OR auto-unlocked by ICU staff.

Uninfected people pay full price - $79.99
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Happy Cycler
Their next album will be released in a wholly modern fashion:

- Released in 6 parts over the span of 6 months, 6 songs at a time
- All songs on the album will be released beforehand as singles, each with numerous remixes that will also be released as singles
- The band will set up a Patreon for subscribers who want to pay top tier for the latest, freshest remixes and an exclusive in-studio diary where they detail every single aspect of the albums making while they provide commentary on the day's politics and hot pop culture events
- The album will have a multitude of different versions, each available exclusively on specific premium streaming platforms including Tidal and Disney+... until someone rips it and it is available for free on YouTube a couple hours later.
- Pre-release $wag such as energy drinks, hexagon coasters, and Korona® virus test kits will be used to prop up album sales on various music charts
- Once the nightmarish album release cycle is finally complete, and they have done all of their morning show performances, it will immediately go out of print and get pulled from all streaming services to be re-released as the new ultra 'director's cut' edition where all the tracks are replaced with remixes stitched together with a disjointed narrative comprised of in-between song sketches about them going through a McDonald's drive through and into a wormhole orsomethingidunno

Eagle Minded
Actually, COVID-19 is just a promotional tool used by EA to make people buy the new Plague Inc. game, also published by EA.
The goal of this new game is to hide from a deadly virus while simultaneously buying as much toilet paper as possible.
Eventually you'll get the virus and then you can either:

1. Stay at home, potentially risking your life.
2. Pay for a premium membership ($$$) and get free hospital treatment, as long as you make sure to post videos of yourself singing, doing makeup tutorials etc on Coronagram, coronachat and coronachan. You have to make sure that people get to know you care about them, but in a slightly condescending way, perhaps throw in a quick message from your sponsors.

EA Horks,
We're in your lungs (hyuk hyuk).

Dayvan Cowboy
bungler666 wrote:Actually, COVID-19 is just a promotional tool used by EA to make people buy the new Plague Inc. game, also published by EA.
The goal of this new game is to hide from a deadly virus while simultaneously buying as much toilet paper as possible.
Eventually you'll get the virus and then you can either:

1. Stay at home, potentially risking your life.
2. Pay for a premium membership ($$$) and get free hospital treatment, as long as you make sure to post videos of yourself singing, doing makeup tutorials etc on Coronagram, coronachat and coronachan. You have to make sure that people get to know you care about them, but in a slightly condescending way, perhaps throw in a quick message from your sponsors.

EA Horks,
We're in your lungs (hyuk hyuk).

Plague Inc. the point is to hide the virus until the end. COVID-19 is all over the news! It reminds me more of X-COM new world order!

Dayvan Cowboy
Does anyone know if BOC liked any more tweets related to the Coronavirus and the future? I'm not on Twitter (I refuse to go on that cesspool considering how angry people are on it.)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:Does anyone know if BOC liked any more tweets related to the Coronavirus and the future? I'm not on Twitter (I refuse to go on that cesspool considering how angry people are on it.)

It's probably not even them. They seem to despise social media so it's hard to imagine they're the ones controlling the account pushing news, represses and merchandise rather than a Warp employee or even a friend at Hexagon Sun.

Boqurant

Eagle Minded
Ok mister I'm listening.

Boqurant
Wow that’s great to read! Nothing we don’t already know, I suppose, but very comforting at least.

Eagle Minded
Gotta love it. Reading that message gets me sooooo excited even tho that could still mean years :,( regardless, my money is still on 2020!
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
sorry for the double post, but this is actually great. now we've got something to work with for all the naysayers!
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
You must keep your promise

Dayvan Cowboy
I was sitting on this but the amount of deaths really changed my mind. I have a friend who is at high risk who is a huge BOC fan and it made me realize how many other BOC fans might've died during this plague.

I might get my legs broken, but honestly in this day and age, I think we need as much hope and love as we can possibly get. And this is the hope and love I can give to the community.

Cheers and much love to you guys. Thanks for tolerating my crazy rants and theories on BOC for the last year or so.

Also what promise, Arvy?

Friendly Stranger
bocset bocset bocset

Posts Quantity

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I was sitting on this but the amount of deaths really changed my mind. I have a friend who is at high risk who is a huge BOC fan and it made me realize how many other BOC fans might've died during this plague.

I might get my legs broken, but honestly in this day and age, I think we need as much hope and love as we can possibly get. And this is the hope and love I can give to the community.

Cheers and much love to you guys. Thanks for tolerating my crazy rants and theories on BOC for the last year or so.

Also what promise, Arvy?

"This time the wait will be shorter"

2020 is the time

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:
Echelon wrote:I was sitting on this but the amount of deaths really changed my mind. I have a friend who is at high risk who is a huge BOC fan and it made me realize how many other BOC fans might've died during this plague.

Also what promise, Arvy?

"This time the wait will be shorter"

2020 is the time

Did we ever get to the bottom who said that? The closest we got was MDG telling Joyrex that they have a desire to make a new record. But I've never seen the promise that the wait will be shorter.

That said, I really hope that's true.

Eagle Minded
Juggle wrote:bocset bocset bocset

I'd rather hear new music though.

Happy Cycler
Radiobuzz wrote:
Juggle wrote:bocset bocset bocset

I'd rather hear new music though.

I would be happy with just Hooper Bay. There is no way that album could possibly be any less good than Twoism or even Maxima. They were all pretty much made around the same time.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada