GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Helios wrote:
Kend_Wire wrote:
Helios wrote:Feel sort of deflated atm. Thinking the Stargate is nothing. Anyone know when in the month they typically drop?

There's no real pattern. According to their Instagram:
Issue 1 - Friday 5th March '21
Issue 2 - Tuesday 21st December '21

The 2nd issue was originally announced for May '21, then delayed a few times.

It’s that infrequent?!

Because this publication doesn’t have consistency in its release dates and has experienced delays in the past I think it’s unlikely Warp would cede control to this being the launch of the new promotion campaign.

I think it’s more likely to be a feature about the band’s visuals, and not necessarily involve any input from the band themselves

Posts Quantity

Eagle Minded
A new entry has been added to BoC's ASCAP repertory page, but I can't work out exactly what. Can any of you eagle-eyed sleuths figure it out?

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/pe ... F%20CANADA

Eagle Minded
Sherbet Head wrote:A new entry has been added to BoC's ASCAP repertory page, but I can't work out exactly what. Can any of you eagle-eyed sleuths figure it out?

No clue. I scrolled through everything and noticed one titled "Statue of Liberty".
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
Burning Shadow wrote:Because this publication doesn’t have consistency in its release dates and has experienced delays in the past I think it’s unlikely Warp would cede control to this being the launch of the new promotion campaign.

I think it’s more likely to be a feature about the band’s visuals, and not necessarily involve any input from the band themselves

Agree. I don’t think it’s a new interview or anything like that, probably just a writeup about them.

Eagle Minded
Sky and Trails wrote:
Sherbet Head wrote:A new entry has been added to BoC's ASCAP repertory page, but I can't work out exactly what. Can any of you eagle-eyed sleuths figure it out?

No clue. I scrolled through everything and noticed one titled "Statue of Liberty".

Same here dude, although I'm pretty sure that one's always been there. In hindsight, I wish I'd taken full screenshots of both pages to help pinpoint the addition.

Dayvan Cowboy
Helios wrote:
Burning Shadow wrote:Because this publication doesn’t have consistency in its release dates and has experienced delays in the past I think it’s unlikely Warp would cede control to this being the launch of the new promotion campaign.

Agree. I don’t think it’s a new interview or anything like that, probably just a writeup about them.

Here's an observation from 'The Biz' below. :wink:
Biznasty wrote:Every artist featured on the cover of their previous issues had an interview. The second issue had a multi-page write up on the Beastie Boys but they weren’t mentioned on the cover. I think it’s very very likely there’s an interview coming our way in May.

Dayvan Cowboy
How long have the Old Tunes tracks been listed in BMI repertoire?!

Posts Quantity
it would be extremely random, in my opinion, if this zine doesn't have something of substance regarding BoC

if they put Boards of Canada on the cover and it turns out to be nothing, it must be a desperate grab for attention, which personally i kind of doubt..

slightly leaning toward it being an interview. hopefully we find out soon.

:]
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity

Is it Niagara?

Sherbet Head
the old tunes tracks have been there for a long time afaik

Posts Quantity
northernlite wrote:the old tunes tracks have been there for a long time afaik

I think it might just be a studio track that has been released that was recently uploaded. Nothing special

Dayvan Cowboy
Something concerning Messeur Wu-Lu. He sure was announced far away. Eight weeks. Do you guys think they'll be something in between that? I really want there to be a stealth BOC release haha
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy

Wow ok. Completely took me by surprise especially as they're listed with warp publisher credit.

Posts Quantity
Dearest Micus,

Boccy Please?

Sad Regard,
Tom from Preston aged 31.7

Eagle Minded
Negamuse wrote:

Wow ok. Completely took me by surprise especially as they're listed with warp publisher credit.

I imagine it's a similar situation to the old myspace page. They might not be planning on using it but it's their name so they took over the page.

The old tunes tapes leaked so they might as well claim the copyright on them. Now hopefully they DO plan on using these :wink:
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy

Friendly Stranger
this isnt anything groundbreaking, but i am 99% sure @marcuseoin is unofficial now.

@boardsofcanada has linked music-explained.com posts since 2010. @namtax is followed by @marcuseoin, which has music-explained.com in its bio.

@boardsofcanada follows like... NFT stuff and is actually active in likes.

i believe @namtax owns @marcuseoin and @boardsofcanada and is just a music fan who owns accounts of a band they like.. i mean.. i dont think i would be convinced Marcus or Michael would be actively liking art/pictures of random crypto stuff.

Friendly Stranger
not to mention, @namtax has posted about music-explained on their twitter.

Boqurant
erin wrote:this isnt anything groundbreaking, but i am 99% sure @marcuseoin is unofficial now.

@boardsofcanada has linked music-explained.com posts since 2010. @namtax is followed by @marcuseoin, which has music-explained.com in its bio.

@boardsofcanada follows like... NFT stuff and is actually active in likes.

i believe @namtax owns @marcuseoin and @boardsofcanada and is just a music fan who owns accounts of a band they like.. i mean.. i dont think i would be convinced Marcus or Michael would be actively liking art/pictures of random crypto stuff.

Are you talking about Twitter or Instagram? I’m sure it’s been demonstrated on here that @boardsofcanada is legit. And it doesn’t follow any accounts on either service

You did have me worried for a minute because any indication they were into the NFT scam would be massively disappointing

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada