Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Tue May 25, 2021 12:39 am

zeoevil wrote:Maybe they have reached the licensing part of their careers. You know. The point in your career where things like Blister in the Sun end up in a Shrek movie. There is a commercial on television I keep hearing recently that has a very Tomorrow's Harvest sound. It is also reminiscent of the recent Adult Swim bumper. Who knows? Maybe they've decided to make some quick money between albums.
phpBB [media]

Get ready for the BOC Legacy tour. With touring holograms of the brothers playing Davyan Cowboy and ROYGBIV to yuppies in Los Vegas. 8)

Tue May 25, 2021 5:43 am

zeoevil wrote:Maybe they have reached the licensing part of their careers. You know. The point in your career where things like Blister in the Sun end up in a Shrek movie. There is a commercial on television I keep hearing recently that has a very Tomorrow's Harvest sound. It is also reminiscent of the recent Adult Swim bumper. Who knows? Maybe they've decided to make some quick money between albums.
phpBB [media]

Doesn't really sound uniquely like them- sounds like me plucking a few chords thru a warped vinyl mkii

Given that they're signed to warp, I (shouldn't assume things in general) would assume financially they're well off.

I think they just do what they wanna do

Tue May 25, 2021 7:38 am

NTFMTS wrote:guys I found the new BoC ARG on a nature walk yesterday... something's coming

I'm more concerned about where those are! Please say the UK but of course, I know you're probably in the States by the looks of the pic. Want to get in there and skate them!

Tue May 25, 2021 12:32 pm

NTFMTS wrote:guys I found the new BoC ARG on a nature walk yesterday... something's coming

Interesting. There are two pipes, and then three. And the insides look orange.

New release confirmed.

Tue May 25, 2021 3:14 pm

An observation I've noticed over the last year or so: BOC tends to release clues or hints during periods where other things are being released on Warp. Like the Pioneer's Plaque showed up during the Autechre/OPN release window. Or during the Squid release Window, we got the "I feel good" deepfake.

Makes me think they're sending signs to keep the fanbase tided over during the long wait.

Tue May 25, 2021 4:56 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... et_one_of/

99.99% chance this is not them, but interesting nonetheless

Tue May 25, 2021 5:12 pm

debugDolores wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/comments/nktqcs/theyre_coming_postcard_anyone_else_get_one_of/

99.99% chance this is not them, but interesting nonetheless

Three possible outcomes:

1. Actually BOC (It's space themed, with a turquoise hexagon and it's really rad looking)
2. A band piggybacking off BOC and their hexagon imagery
3. A troll really into graphic design trying to fool people into thinking it's a new BOC ARG

Tue May 25, 2021 5:18 pm

Can anyone identify the symbol that looks like an asterisk just below the "They're Coming" sign? I feel like I've seen that particular icon before but don't remember its name.

Tue May 25, 2021 5:21 pm

even if its a troll thats an awesome design

Tue May 25, 2021 5:22 pm

Incoming transmission... the last party before BOC leaving Earth...

Tue May 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Right before June 9th too :)

Tue May 25, 2021 5:29 pm

https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone ... ng.430745/

apparently there are others of these which look far less related to boc, maybe it's just a coinciding arg?

Tue May 25, 2021 6:33 pm

zeoevil wrote:Maybe they have reached the licensing part of their careers.

BoC tunes have been used in numerous BBC programs for years, used to hear BoC and Aphex Twin on Top Gear all the time!

Tue May 25, 2021 6:48 pm

kakanara wrote:https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-else-randomly-receive-black-and-green-postcards-that-look-like-theyre-a-part-of-a-planned-arg-event-and-say-theyre-coming.430745/

apparently there are others of these which look far less related to boc, maybe it's just a coinciding arg?

Looks like tons of postcards have been sent. People in reddit are talking about a xbox related ARG (maybe halo)

Btw The audio you hear when calling the number sounds like one of those radio emissions from Saturn turned into audible audio. And pioneer 11 flight close to Saturn...
Last edited by dolochov on Tue May 25, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 25, 2021 7:00 pm

dolochov wrote:
kakanara wrote:https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-else-randomly-receive-black-and-green-postcards-that-look-like-theyre-a-part-of-a-planned-arg-event-and-say-theyre-coming.430745/

Looks like tons of postcards have been sent. People in reddit are talking about a xbox related ARG (maybe halo)

Would kill me if BOC did a space soundtrack for a game. I know they'd do it perfectly too.

I'm hoping that it is some kind of crossover for an OST. (Hence the turquoise hexagon.)
Last edited by Echelon on Tue May 25, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 25, 2021 7:01 pm

The audio you hear when calling the number sounds like one of those radio emissions from Saturn turned into audible audio. And pioneer 11 flew close to Saturn...

Edit: this may be the source of the audio

https://youtu.be/Sh2-P8hG5-E
Last edited by dolochov on Tue May 25, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 25, 2021 7:04 pm

*whistles Luigi's Mansion theme*

Tue May 25, 2021 7:14 pm

Geogandhi wrote:

I'm more concerned about where those are! Please say the UK but of course, I know you're probably in the States by the looks of the pic. Want to get in there and skate them!

In the states! At the John J. Carroll Water Treatment Plant in Northborough Massachusetts

Tue May 25, 2021 7:14 pm

dolochov wrote:The audio you hear when calling the number sounds like one of those radio emissions from Saturn turned into audible audio. And pioneer 11 flew close to Saturn...

What's added is a radio voice (similar to those weird buzzy voices in the static in Societas) that says "There's something to see here going on."

All I know is that if this ain't BOC, this is one cool space themed ARG and it's a shame they weren't the ones doing it. I would have been hyped if this was them.

Tue May 25, 2021 7:16 pm

Echelon wrote:
dolochov wrote:The audio you hear when calling the number sounds like one of those radio emissions from Saturn turned into audible audio. And pioneer 11 flew close to Saturn...

What's added is a radio voice (similar to those weird buzzy voices in the static in Societas) that says "There's something to see here going on."

All I know is that if this ain't BOC, this is one cool space themed ARG and it's a shame they weren't the ones doing it. I would have been hyped if this was them.

I wanna keep my hopes high for a couple of days lol
Post a reply