GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
μasch wrote:What would be realy interesting would be to see some inspiration from The Caretaker. If you think about it Caretaker and BOC are very similar artists, and Hell Interface was originaly made to create tracks for a compilation cocreated with Leyland Kirby (aka caretaker)

WHAT?!! News to me! Would you be able to tell a source?

Eagle Minded
Did WARP just announce a new AFX album???

Eagle Minded
Maybe it's an AFX show announcement? Or both??

Eagle Minded
As HexagonFox mentioned, @marcuseoin on twitter has now followed 396 accounts... Among those are several ones of interest.

The account is following several magazines, including some that BoC have been featured in before. (Maybe these are the where we can expect upcoming interviews to published :o)

They also follow a few Warp artists (Flylo, 0PN, Burial, Stereolab), Warp records itself, along with Bleep, and Optimum Mastering (Maybe that's their mastering experts of choice, this time around...)

Record Store Day UK is an interesting follow. That also gives me hope... (2023-04-22 btw)

Oh and also several bands they've worked with before like Nevermen, Solange, Odd Nosdam, and Why?

Unsurprisingly, they also follow mbv.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:As HexagonFox mentioned, @marcuseoin on twitter has now followed 396 accounts... Among those are several ones of interest.

The account is following several magazines, including some that BoC have been featured in before. (Maybe these are the where we can expect upcoming interviews to published :o)

They also follow a few Warp artists (Flylo, 0PN, Burial, Stereolab), Warp records itself, along with Bleep, and Optimum Mastering (Maybe that's their mastering experts of choice, this time around...)

Record Store Day UK is an interesting follow. That also gives me hope... (2023-04-22 btw)

Oh and also several bands they've worked with before like Nevermen, Solange, Odd Nosdam, and Why?

Unsurprisingly, they also follow mbv.

Very tasty stuff!
And good analysis, biz! Haha the one that cracks me up the most is Jk Rowling
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
I can't quite comprehend this vacillation, utmost capricious paroxysm

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:
μasch wrote:What would be realy interesting would be to see some inspiration from The Caretaker. If you think about it Caretaker and BOC are very similar artists, and Hell Interface was originaly made to create tracks for a compilation cocreated with Leyland Kirby (aka caretaker)

WHAT?!! News to me! Would you be able to tell a source?

That would be Whine & Missingtoe of course, the anti-Xmas comp that features "Soylent Night". The Caretaker was then going by V/Vm. Hilariously enough, he is also credited as Butcher Claws on the same EP! I would take a guess he was the driving force behind the creation of Whine and Missingtoe, as it was also his label that released it.

It's also news to me, as someone who has been listening to this EP for almost 20 years! Thanks for connecting the dots sir.

FYI, this took me all of two seconds to verify on Discogs -- I'm shocked nobody has really pointed out the connection before! Both artists clearly have similar recording/production ethics. Makes me think of one of my fave Lain quotes:

"No matter where you go, everyone is connected." :mrgreen:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Dayvan Cowboy
harpoon dodger wrote:FYI, this took me all of two seconds to verify on Discogs -- I'm shocked nobody has really pointed out the connection before! Both artists clearly have similar recording/production ethics. Makes me think of one of my fave Lain quotes:

"No matter where you go, everyone is connected." :mrgreen:

Everything is indeed connected, so much so that I thought I was one of the few here who knew that show. Didn't know Cyberia was that popular, it really is a club that plays really great hardcore techno for a really hip young crowd. :lol: Great taste!

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:Maybe it's an AFX show announcement? Or both??

It's seeming likely that he's headlining Field Day again. No sign of new music yet, but we live in hope!

Dayvan Cowboy
Theory: What if Marcus revealed all these people he followed because they give some insight into what's going in terms of the context of the album.

Perhaps we can really get some insight based on that. Sort of like Societas X Tweet :P

This is all a theory and probably completely wrong so don't take it too seriously ;)

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:Theory: What if Marcus revealed all these people he followed because they give some insight into what's going in terms of the context of the album.

Perhaps we can really get some insight based on that. Sort of like Societas X Tweet :P

This is all a theory and probably completely wrong so don't take it too seriously ;)

"Just 8 a burrito LOL"
-@marcuseoin
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Sherbet Head
A tweet? On twitter? Surely not!

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
Echelon wrote:Theory: What if Marcus revealed all these people he followed because they give some insight into what's going in terms of the context of the album.

"Just 8 a burrito LOL"
-@marcuseoin

Haha I meant who he's following XD there are some topical people in there

Sherbet Head
Such non twits like myself will never know the wonders of Marcus's follow list

Has he paid for his verification?

Eagle Minded
Could be old news but - anyone noticed Odd Nosdam is following the Mike Sandison account on Twitter? This could be indirect verification. Or he got fooled without checking with the bros first.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:Such non twits like myself will never know the wonders of Marcus's follow list

He is following Real World Studios so we know he's just as hyped for IO as Orbited and I! :P

Boqurant
Although I don’t believe that there will be some twitter based ARG dropping clues about a new release, closely monitoring aMarcus Eoin account to see who he is following / unfollowing doesn’t sit right with me. We know BoC like privacy, this isn’t even confirmed to be Marcus’s account, and (correct me if I’m wrong) it’s never been used to promote BoC previously.

I know that it’s been requested for posts to be removed from the forum because they were about the brothers day jobs and personal life, I don’t see that stalking a private twitter is any different.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Such non twits like myself will never know the wonders of Marcus's follow list

He is following Real World Studios so we know he's just as hyped for IO as Orbited and I! :P

You know I'm hyped for it pal. Pete's record can't come soon enough. Here comes the flood! (or perhaps 'here comes the trickle' is maybe more apt. :lol: )

Burning Shadow wrote:I know that it’s been requested for posts to be removed from the forum because they were about the brothers day jobs and personal life, I don’t see that stalking a private twitter is any different.

It's not a private Twitter account.
By design, you can see who a public Twitter account is following or is followed by. That's part of what makes Twitter and other social media services great in terms of discovering new accounts by means of an account you already appreciate.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada