GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Never tried that combo before

One treat I like sometimes is called 'Eggs in snow' I'm sure it has many different names throughout the land

The method-

Toast some bread on one side under the grill

take an egg and separate yolk from white

Whisk white with electric whisk until it becomes a massive fluffy mass, this is your snow

Remove toast from grill and turn untoasted side up - then spoon the snow onto it, leaving a little nest in the middle on top for the yolk

Gently Place the yolk into the nest then cover all with a little grated cheese

Place it all under the grill until cheese has melted and both cheese and whites have browned

Add a pinch of salt and voila

Eggs in snow

Eagle Minded
Sorry to prolong this convo, but...... bacon/egg/american chz on an Amoroso's long roll is incredible. If you are up for taking a risk, substitute the bacon for scrapple. The scrapple must be sliced thin and should be "crispy" before you put it in the roll.

Friendly Stranger
Album speculation? Psh - only after we settle this breakfast meat debate!

Scrapple/Goetta needs to be heavily spiced to taste like something other than old newspaper; mild breakfast sausage is the superior breakfast meat due to it's versatility.
"The only real way to see is to trip so hard that you imagine your place in the real world, then open your eyes and see if your right"

Eagle Minded
EvilTexan wrote:Album speculation? Psh - only after we settle this breakfast meat debate!

Scrapple/Goetta needs to be heavily spiced to taste like something other than old newspaper; mild breakfast sausage is the superior breakfast meat due to it's versatility.

"newspaper"? You must be getting your scrapple from CA.

Agreed, but only if the sausage/egg/chz is on a biscuit and biscuit only.

Friendly Stranger
Scrapple from VA/MD (DC area) and Goetta from OH/KY borderlands (Cincinnati) - I'm also not a fan of the texture fwiw.

I agree that Biscuits are the GOAT of breakfast sandwich handholds, but I could easily sub in some good Sourdough toast if it's available.
"The only real way to see is to trip so hard that you imagine your place in the real world, then open your eyes and see if your right"

Sherbet Head
Here's a breakfast I make for myself fairly regularly:

-Peel 1 large potato (or equivalent quantity of smaller potatoes) and cut it into small cubes, then set it to the side for later
-Crack about 4 eggs into a bowl or cup, also set this aside for a moment (don't beat them yet!)
-Add meat to a (preferably nonstick) pan around medium-ish heat. Variations I've tried include sausage, bacon, and ham. All of these seem to work pretty well.
-Once there's a decent amount of grease in the pan (or you've added some olive oil if the meat is too lean to lubricate the pan on its own), throw in the diced potatoes
-At this point I usually like to season it with some black pepper, seasoning choices are up to you though
-Cook the meat and potatoes until the meat is just about done, then shove them to the side of the pan to create a space for cooking the eggs
-Beat the eggs at the last possible second, then pour them into the empty spot on your pan. Try to cook them separate from the meat and potatoes at least a little bit, but don't sweat it if everything ends up mixed together
-Once there's no more visible raw eggs, kill the heat and scoop the mixture into a bowl/multiple bowls
-Top with cheese & hot sauce, then eat

Hope someone else gets as much use out of this recipe as I have!
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
EvilTexan wrote:Scrapple from VA/MD (DC area) and Goetta from OH/KY borderlands (Cincinnati) - I'm also not a fan of the texture fwiw.

I agree that Biscuits are the GOAT of breakfast sandwich handholds, but I could easily sub in some good Sourdough toast if it's available.

Now you're talkin'. Grilled sourdough, bacon/egg/chz/lettuce/tomato/ketchup is the best sammie where I live in VA now. Originally from Philly. I'm in my third week of an alcohol and food cleanse, so this convo helps lol

Dayvan Cowboy
No mention yet of this, the most delicious and simplistic recipe, the Cheese and Branston pickle sandwich. And to add to your growing saliva, you can knock it up in as little as five minutes.

(Samosa + Branston is also recommended!)

Sherbet Head
Oh yeah, Gotta bring out the Branston!

I do have a guilty pleasure for crackers and cheese with a good dollop of Branston.

I might get round to trying your recipe Jango, it sounds scrumptious.

When you guys are talking about biscuits and eggs, I'm picturing a fried egg on a chocolate digestive.. I can only assume and sincerely hope that your biscuits are a lot different from ours!!

Dayvan Cowboy
Gotta love how we exhausted the topic of new BOC album that this whole page has been nothing but food talk. Serves BOC right. They've taken so long that they don't deserve anymore attention or people simping over them >:)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:Gotta love how we exhausted the topic of new BOC album that this whole page has been nothing but food talk. Serves BOC right. They've taken so long that they don't deserve anymore attention or people simping over them >:)

Also this is totally facetious, not actually serious, I promise. :P

But it was nice to get a whole page of not talking about the elephant in the room haha. Definitely made me hungry that's for sure :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
New BoC? What new BoC?
phpBB [media]
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
I made a steak pie and on top I spelled out BOC in the pastry, wish I still had the photo of it, best damn pie I ever made

Eagle Minded
On to pies now? So be it. Mincemeat is my favorite. It has raisins, dates, chopped pecans, brandy, and a tiny bit of beef. It's not bad warm, but I prefer it served cold.... accompanied with some egg nog.

Sherbet Head
I like to make blackberry pie for Thanksgiving time. Put some lemon juice for tart in the filling and some cottage cheese on top after it's out of the oven. Tip, make your own dough, absolutely worth it.

Sherbet Head
I'm on a tuna mayo and lettuce kick currently

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:I'm on a tuna mayo and lettuce kick currently

amen

Sherbet Head
You know what they say, you can tuna guitar but you can't tuna fish

Eagle Minded
https://www.thefader.com/2023/01/23/lis ... e-of-cards

The Kevin Shields remix of "HOUSE OF CARDS" is a part of the Lex Records’ 20th-anniversary series, with new tracks from Thom Yorke, Boards of Canada, and Danger Mouse also on the way.”

Not to ruin this riveting conversation.
— has this been addressed.

All the best
Hexagon Fox

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:https://www.thefader.com/2023/01/23/listen-to-my-bloody-valentines-kevin-shields-remix-eyedresss-house-of-cards

The Kevin Shields remix of "HOUSE OF CARDS" is a part of the Lex Records’ 20th-anniversary series, with new tracks from Thom Yorke, Boards of Canada, and Danger Mouse also on the way.”

Not to ruin this riveting conversation.
— has this been addressed.

All the best
Hexagon Fox

I don't believe it has, I consider your eyes well peeled! :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada