GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Warp started a new labeling system for Squarepusher. Feed Me Weird Things is labeled: SQPRDD001

Perhaps this will happen with similar bands, and one day we will get: BOCDD001
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:Warp started a new labeling system for Squarepusher. Feed Me Weird Things is labeled: SQPRDD001

They’d probably call it BOCDD002 to confuse us

Dayvan Cowboy
Ectonaut wrote:
Echelon wrote:Warp started a new labeling system for Squarepusher. Feed Me Weird Things is labeled: SQPRDD001

They’d probably call it BOCDD002 to confuse us

Or Twoism will be BOCDD006, and they won't release the previous five which are the unreleased albums.

I could totally see them doing that haha

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:I'm afraid I lacked a moment of clarity.

We can't expect you to be a Telepath.

Not unless I work more in my Telephasic Workshop.

Keep at it in there and one day you might Rue The Whirl! :lol:

Echelon wrote:Or Twoism will be BOCDD006, and they won't release the previous five which are the unreleased albums.

By any chance have you checked the catalog numbers listed on the oldest archived BoC site for the infamous five? They imply the existence of several more projects of some kind (whether they're singles, EPs, albums, or something else is anyone's guess) in between the ones we know about, all long before Twoism came out. Knowing our luck we'd probably end up with BOCDD069 attached to Twoism :P

Also come to think of it, there's a lot of weird shit going on with those catalog numbers but they also line up with happenings in the official BoC biographies from way back in the day. Might post a full thread with more elaboration on this later!
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:
Echelon wrote:Or Twoism will be BOCDD006, and they won't release the previous five which are the unreleased albums.

By any chance have you checked the catalog numbers listed on the oldest archived BoC site for the infamous five? They imply the existence of several more projects of some kind (whether they're singles, EPs, albums, or something else is anyone's guess) in between the ones we know about, all long before Twoism came out. Knowing our luck we'd probably end up with BOCDD069 attached to Twoism :P

Also come to think of it, there's a lot of weird shit going on with those catalog numbers but they also line up with happenings in the official BoC biographies from way back in the day. Might post a full thread with more elaboration on this later!

Twoism is Board1 on there so that's sadly how they'll probably list it when Warp does their hypothetical reissue campaign for BOC. Though there was still word that the back catalog of BOC was purchased by Warp in 2005, so they could have been hashing it out all these years. All these other reissue campaigns are probably a good sign for the future of BOC.

Jango9 wrote:Keep at it in there and one day you might Rue The Whirl! :lol:

I’ve been at it for Sixtyten weeks in a row already, don’t you think it’s about time to Slow This Bird Down?

Posts Quantity
Dandelion.

Boqurant
Man, I'm so excited for a new album. Give us a sign M&M!

Friendly Stranger
NorthSaturnian wrote:
Frindia wrote:some strange comments with even stranger channels behind the commenters in the Sheol Boundary discussion tab within the last 12-24 hours. One of them with the name "I'm Sorry Dave I'm Afraid I Can't Do That" which ties to 2001: A Space Odyssey. Idk, just seems worth noting.

That guy commented "Uuh" on multiple Doxa Sinistra videos, weird

This same guy commented "soon." on the official Tomorrow's Harvest Transmission video about a week ago. Might just be a fan playing games, but with the twitter activity recently, who knows.
"The only real way to see is to trip so hard that you imagine your place in the real world, then open your eyes and see if your right"

debugDolores wrote:Man, I'm so excited for a new album. Give us a sign M&M!

You got your sign already. Twitter liking spree. :D

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:I’ve been at it for Sixtyten weeks in a row already, don’t you think it’s about time to Slow This Bird Down?

Nah, that's the time you should be saying Ready Let's Go!
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Posts Quantity
The new Squid LP is WARP314. I know that their catalog numbers aren't exactly in sequential order--there is some jumping around--so, with that in mind, WARP333 is just around the corner.

Dayvan Cowboy
Love WARP catalogue number sequences, on of my favorites was TCH catalogue number of 123, pretty dope. Also, TH catalogue number was 257 and it was initilly signaled in csch web site, as last interactive login on Thursday, 22-AUG-1996 02:57:

Posts Quantity
WARP123 is definitely dope especially considering it was their third LP! And, of course, “1, 2, 3” appears on every album besides TCH—“Aquarius,” “A:B::B:C,”and “Telepath.”

Dayvan Cowboy
Squid's finally out. Thank god for that. Perhaps now we can focus on the Boards. Or at least an IDM artist. :P

And let me add, other than Seefeel next week (which is awesome) and Squarepusher archival releases, nothings on the Horizon Radar.

Perhaps it will finally be our time haha

Sherbet Head
writetomhatcher wrote:The new Squid LP is WARP314. I know that their catalog numbers aren't exactly in sequential order--there is some jumping around--so, with that in mind, WARP333 is just around the corner.

Hoping it's WARP322

Skull and bones :)
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Man, we went a full day with no discussion... Come on M&M we're dead in the water here :lol:.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Seems not even 25 likes are going to excite us now. Better go for 100, or better yet, a one second sample of what they're working on. ;)

Happy Cycler
Echelon wrote:Seems not even 25 likes are going to excite us now. Better go for 100, or better yet, a one second sample of what they're working on. ;)

I'll happily take a one second sample.

Sherbet Head
mechanismj wrote:
Echelon wrote:Seems not even 25 likes are going to excite us now. Better go for 100, or better yet, a one second sample of what they're working on. ;)

I'll happily take a one second sample.

Careful what you wish for, it just might come true lmao. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go into a thousand yard stare as the memories of this flood back:
phpBB [media]

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada