GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I'm not suggesting it's real but how was it confirmed to be fake? Did the creator come clean?

Real or not, it's actually a not half-bad mix though.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Boqurant
Yeah I think it was proven fake somehow.

I've heard much worse fakes at least. Some of these aren't terrible.

Eagle Minded
it's real. it has to be real. it has tape hiss. the tape hiss makes it real.
i believe it's real, this has to be one of the many boc tapes passed around to friends during the redmoon nights
there's no way it isnt real, because of the tape hiss
in fact, i feel like this tape is more real than their other official releases. not saying that this tape isnt an official release, because of course it is. it has tape hiss.
so what name should we give to this tape? im ready to write its respective bocpage article, discogs release page, and wikipedia entry
im thinking something like "boc tape", or perhaps "mysterious boc tapey tape"
oh my god, could this maybe be the elusive cancass 002? :shock: :shock: :shock:
im just so excited you guys. the moment i heard of a new boc leak i thought great, more fakes. but the instant i heard the tape hiss, i knew it was a real tape.
seriously, listen to the tape hiss. listen to the tape hiss and try to tell me its a fake. you can't.
yes, i would love to be free!

Posts Quantity
phpBB [media]

If this track is the new direction, I would be happy... :]

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:it's real. it has to be real. it has tape hiss. the tape hiss makes it real.
i believe it's real, this has to be one of the many boc tapes passed around to friends during the redmoon nights
in fact, i feel like this tape is more real than their other official releases. not saying that this tape isnt an official release, because of course it is. it has tape hiss.
so what name should we give to this tape? im ready to write its respective bocpage article, discogs release page, and wikipedia entry
im just so excited you guys. the moment i heard of a new boc leak i thought great, more fakes. but the instant i heard the tape hiss, i knew it was a real tape.
seriously, listen to the tape hiss. listen to the tape hiss and try to tell me its a fake. you can't.

:lol:

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:it's real. it has to be real. it has tape hiss. the tape hiss makes it real.

:lol:

sorry, i had a

hissy fit

:P

Boqurant
Thanks for the link. Sounds very try-hard like a lot of the other fakes.

Friendly Stranger
Supposed new boc leak? Where’s the link at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
pilot12 wrote:Supposed new boc leak? Where’s the link at?

Like 4 posts ago.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Track 2 sounds like that fake leak from before TH... the one with Magic Timeline on it. (More from the same guy I mean)
Track 3 sounds like someone recreating that one from the live gig we already know where the source was from, that "praise the lord, oh my soul" sample or whatever it was
Eh can't be bothered to go track by track. It's not real, c'mon :lol:

Edited cos I realise I skipped a track at the beginning and my numbering was off
Last edited by Negamuse on Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Friendly Stranger
rodox_head wrote:
pilot12 wrote:Supposed new boc leak? Where’s the link at?

Like 4 posts ago.
Guess It doesn’t show up on mobile properly, sorry

Eagle Minded
Negamuse wrote:Track 2 sounds like that fake leak from before TH... the one with Magic Timeline on it. (More from the same guy I mean)

i noticed that too. sounds more of an imitation though. i doubt the guy behind the fakes would come back after 8 years just to post another fake
phpBB [media]

one of my favorite fakes

Eagle Minded
The chord structure aways gives a BOC fake away, they are always so pedestrian with regards to chord structure, not many people have the musical ear that the brothers do to create slightly more unhinged and unpredictable chord structures, imo. Still to hear a believable fake.

Eagle Minded
i don't think this is gem atrium. the mixing is very different and the melodies are completely off from what he/she usually does. i think this faker just took inspiration from the magic timeline leak.
where i think this fake really shines is in the guitar tracks, really enjoyed those. good job!

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh, yeah, I meant "it sounds like more from Gem Atrium" on that one track, not that it actually WAS them.

If it's one person doing the whole "leak", the different styles with the guitar tracks is a nice bit of effort! But then, you'd have to think if this is supposedly made up of material from pre-everything guitar strumming days right the way up to TCH era, there's not enough variation in recording quality between bits.

And I agree with Wildfire, the musicality isn't there... not enough edge, not enough tension.

Sherbet Head
One of these days one of these leaks is going to be real and we are going to shit all over it only to wind up looking like idiots in the end.

Posts Quantity
zeoevil wrote:One of these days one of these leaks is going to be real and we are going to shit all over it only to wind up looking like idiots in the end.

Isn't this exactly what happened when TCH leaked?

Dayvan Cowboy
zeoevil wrote:One of these days one of these leaks is going to be real and we are going to shit all over it only to wind up looking like idiots in the end.

What does BoC even sound like anyway? Other than good, that is.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Boqurant

nothing_is_real.mp3

Dayvan Cowboy
Maybe it's just the desktop format, but if these posts were a bit more spaced out, this thread wouldn’t occasionally feel like a complete overload of BOC talk! :wink:

Sometimes I need to spend some time out of general new release speculation..

Anyone want to join me in This Random Sound & The Playground?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada