GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Happy June 9th everyone!

Dayvan Cowboy
I listened to Geogaddi to celebrate and it still sounds fresh after all these years. It's the definitive BOC album for me!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjMy8CsvVlU
posted yesterday to the official BoC youtube.

nothing really too interesting, but thought I'd share.
no information at this moment in time

Boqurant
Roswell wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjMy8CsvVlU
posted yesterday to the official BoC youtube.

nothing really too interesting, but thought I'd share.

Auto-generated. Same thing happened with Aphex Twin's Vordhosbn yesterday from Peggy Gou's DJ-Kicks mix.

Boqurant
https://youtu.be/TSfD758BeEU

From the BOC subreddit. Does anyone know something about Chris Cunningham playing BOC live?

Edit: reddit link https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... nreleased/

Posts Quantity
Yes, two videos have surfaced the Internet from other people. New BoC material on the way?

Chris:
phpBB [media]

Lone:
phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
huh, maybe it's an alternate version of the invocation video?

Happy Cycler
I doubt there is a connection between the two videos.

That said, what is the deal with the Chris Cunningham one? I feel like it has been posted here in the past, but I am not positive.

Is it from a BoC live set that is not currently floating around the internet? It sounds like there are extra elements in A Is To B As B Is To C that have not been present before. Also, that ending portion with the narration about clouds or whatever (with PC playing in the background) is extremely badass.

Boqurant
It's important to remember that quote from Chris where he stated that the brothers gave him an hour and a half or so of unreleased music (of which he took Invocation for the Telecom Italia ad). This unlisted video is from one of his art displays or something of that sort, so my guess is that he basically just played that unreleased music over the images. For that reason, I really hope more footage of the event gets uploaded at some point. Besides the Invocation part, the footage is bookended by BoC music that I don't recognize at all, which is rare.

Sherbet Head
NorthernPlastics wrote:It's important to remember that quote from Chris where he stated that the brothers gave him an hour and a half or so of unreleased music (of which he took Invocation for the Telecom Italia ad). This unlisted video is from one of his art displays or something of that sort, so my guess is that he basically just played that unreleased music over the images. For that reason, I really hope more footage of the event gets uploaded at some point. Besides the Invocation part, the footage is bookended by BoC music that I don't recognize at all, which is rare.

exactly, there are snippets at the beginning and end that we've never heard! exciting times

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:That said, what is the deal with the Chris Cunningham one? I feel like it has been posted here in the past, but I am not positive.

Is it from a BoC live set that is not currently floating around the internet? It sounds like there are extra elements in A Is To B As B Is To C that have not been present before. Also, that ending portion with the narration about clouds or whatever (with PC playing in the background) is extremely badass.

I asked the person who posted the video, it's from a live show Chris Cunningham did in 2011, the footage is from now-deleted Youtube uploads. I've asked if he could possibly reupload more of it.

NorthernPlastics wrote:It's important to remember that quote from Chris where he stated that the brothers gave him an hour and a half or so of unreleased music (of which he took Invocation for the Telecom Italia ad). This unlisted video is from one of his art displays or something of that sort, so my guess is that he basically just played that unreleased music over the images. For that reason, I really hope more footage of the event gets uploaded at some point. Besides the Invocation part, the footage is bookended by BoC music that I don't recognize at all, which is rare.

This is definitely an alternative cut of Invocation, there are additional shots which weren't in either Invocation or the Telecom Italia ad. It could be possible though that the sounds from the weird dog part and the documentary narration has nothing to do with Boards and is something Chris Cunningham spliced in himself.

Boqurant
sixtyniner wrote:It could be possible though that the sounds from the weird dog part and the documentary narration has nothing to do with Boards and is something Chris Cunningham spliced in himself.

I thought about that. It's certainly possible with Chris, but, at the same time, the mixing and everything sounds a little too good to be a project of just editing together some sounds. I would maybe argue that he edited down some of the BoC unreleased material into a shorter amount of time? Can't say for sure, obviously, but the quality and style of sound is that of the brothers to my ears

Eagle Minded
Don't say!! OMG ... I just had the most unbelievable thought. When lockdown is over, are they preparing a live tour, and Chris Cunningham is doing the visualS? I think they are.

Posts Quantity
Sl Flk wrote:Don't say!! OMG ... I just had the most unbelievable thought. When lockdown is over, are they preparing a live tour, and Chris Cunningham is doing the visualS? I think they are.

that would be the tits so its not gonna happen lol.

Boqurant
Sl Flk wrote:Don't say!! OMG ... I just had the most unbelievable thought. When lockdown is over, are they preparing a live tour, and Chris Cunningham is doing the visualS? I think they are.

No, that video was taken from an event back in 2011 iirc, even though the upload date is more recent.

Sherbet Head
I've enjoyed the breadcrumbs but rather just have a full loaf now

Friendly Stranger
Check out the boards of Canada Instagram.. Olson music video posted

Eagle Minded
Walkingcloud wrote:Check out the boards of Canada Instagram.. Olson music video posted

beat me to it!
no information at this moment in time

Sherbet Head
ok that video is awesome, but let's be honest... ITS HAPPENING!

Posts Quantity
northernlite wrote:ok that video is awesome, but let's be honest... ITS HAPPENING!

I doubt anything is happening, this is an old fan-made video and it's probably just a Warp employee reposting it. I suggest people stop getting excited at anything their social media posts or likes unless it's an actual announcement or message.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada